National Oilwell Varco

National Oilwell Varco Management reviews

Singapore29 reviews
Always something new to learn, be ready to expect the unexpected, think of our the box, preserverance, plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. At times can be stressful especially the demand from customer and management.
Enjoy the people relationships within the organisation, travel and the challenges that comes
I love and enjoy working at NOV. However, the culture here is that the structure of the management keep on changing and this includes on opportunity. There are many colleagues who is with very positive attitude and willing to assist you with your daily query and there is also who likes to keep everything to themselves. Due to the frequent changes of management, people are more reserved and do not prefer to share. Other than, work are good and if given the opportunity there is so much to learn from this company.
Pros
Free shuttle bus at certain location
I have been with NOV for 14 years and this has been my 1st career job ever since I left National service. NOV has develop my career steadily as a kid who just graduated and to a man who knows what he wants in life.

NOV has an excellent management system whereby I was lucky to have the opportunity to experience many different roles.

this was a career experience that I surely appreciate.
Pros
flexable management syetems
Cons
nil
Yearly Performance review that doesn't make sense.
Retrenchments done not based on performance,

I strongly believe that good and hard working employees should be kept.
Quite Good place to work. However the market is down and no body know when the market can be recovered. This is a big company and management is standard.
Pros
High pay
Cons
Bad Market
National Oilwell Varco is the best learning to practice work ethics, a lot of challenges in my career while I was working in the field.
The management most likely able to gave me numerous chances to explore more being me as an asset and great contributor with the organizations.
I am so grateful until now that National Oilwell Varco included me before as one of their employee and frequently representing them during my deployment locally or oversea job assignments.

May God bless you all!
Pros
A lot of give away's and training's useful in my field.
Cons
Yeah there is a tendency that i need to work long hours, but all those efforts were compensated.
I worked with my co-workers with passion. I enjoy doing the job even though there are difficult part of it but I can always find ways to do it. My boss has confident on me as a welder so there is no need for him to supervise me every now and then.
Pros
no pressure from management
Cons
Long hours of working
We work very Hard and Management people only take care of themselves only.
nothing to tell about due to suck my blood and retrange me
Fun Work place with a lot of learning opportunity . and good ethical behaviours in it businesses and employee . with supportive management of no stress on engagement with them .
Stripping, inspecting and overhauling drilling equipment. Learned a lot about the NOV drill equipment used on the rigs. Management were always very cooperative. Co workers were very pleasant which created a pleasant working environment..
Customer dead lines had to be met so the pressure was on at times
Pros
Socil gatherings for dinner and drinks
Cons
Non