National Pen

National Pen Employee Reviews

you get what you’ve worked for

Everyone is helpful and friendly. The work atmosphere is good. The work itself is not that difficult if you get used to it. We get paid fairly and overtime pay is really good. If you work hard, people around you will recognize it and managers will extend your contract and they will call you back next year. Also, the breakfast and lunch at the canteen are yummy yummy ;) it’s cheap, too. I do enjoy working here. I can’t wait to go back to work next year.

Pros

Fair pay. No Stress. Friendly people.

Cons

Standing up most of the time. Temporary contract

The management was awful

I was hired straight through the plant fulltime. As time progressed , I was unknowingly switched to part time and my lead had their family member full-time... This was before new management took over

Best Place I have ever worked in !

I started in October 2021 my Work Placement in National Pen Ltd part of my college studies, Since the day I walked in I fell in love with the place that is where I was developing my career and found my path and passion and I was able to call it a Career due to the excellent team members, professionalism, multi-cultural and the on-going training development. I learned so much about People Operations during my time and at the end of my placement I felt very confident and just excited to work in HR next year.If there was an exciting opportunity available in National Pen in 2022, I would say YES to it! And love to enhance my permanent career with them.

Pros

Excellent place to work in ! I would recommend it to everyone if your looking for a career!

The best place I ever worked.

Helpfull managment good environment.Stressfull end of the week when you need to reach the target.If you not reach the target they trained you.I liked to working there.Unfortunately you never know the company keeping you or not depends the manager mood,you are a number there only.

Pros

Good bonus

Cons

You dont know your position least

Great workplace

From all factories around I definitly recomended National Pen as a friendly work place with great atmosphere, professional and strickt but fair play.

Unsure future

It’s Okey place to work but if you are moving to Ireland for this job better to avoid. You move here and rent house or apartment and settle down after a month they tell you that we don’t need you service here anymore. I was lucky to work 2 years but in our team many got fired after 1-2 months without reason. They can extend probation time if they want to do it.

Pros

Paid holidays and you can take them when ever you want.

Cons

You never now if you have work on next day

Used to be a nice place to work, now is very toxic

Everyone is out to place the blame on other departments,, used to be a nice place to work.Now it's very bad. Company breaks its own policies and has become a very toxic work environment.

Insecure job and bad management

People don’t care about you as an employee, you are a number there. On meetings on Thursday people heard they did not have to return after the weekend. Work pressure very high and management does not listen to tips from employees.

Pessima esperienza

Ci ho lavorato 2 anni e mezzo. Poi volevano liberarsi di me per assumere qualcun altro e approfittare di qualche sgravio fiscale. Hanno fatto mobbing per 7 mesi finché ho mollato. I lavoratori si scannano tra di loro e il management fa finta di niente perché non vogliono perderci la faccia. Se vi trasferite sul posto per starci, sappiate che si tratta di un lavoro stagionale, ma non ve lo diranno.

Pros

Stipendio settimanale

Cons

Troppi da elencare

Management change brought on horror

I haven’t been happier since I left - stress was too much after a while and finally had to put happiness over money - I won’t name names but management was awful

Pros

Met some friends

Cons

Upper Mgt incompetence and in appropriateness

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at National Pen?

Like a high school and no opportunity for advancement.

This job started out as a good thing, but quickly went downhill. I was expected to train new hires and receive no compensation for doing so. This would cause me to not meet my goals for bonus. I was also told not to tell them any of the cons of working there.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Management; compensation.

Established Company

Well Known nationwide therefore easy job. High daily production goals. could have better IT System and team. IT Seemed a bit antiquated. There didn't seem to be enough time in the day with their IT almaost daily down time.

Pros

Well Established company

Cons

Some of their company rules and regulations need to be updated with the times

most of the employees were great

training was okay- outbound call positions was a lot harder due to call and sales requirements. CRM positions were rewarding if you got to keep your clients long enough to build a repour with them. Goals were set very high.

Cons

call volume - sales goals

I felt comfortable to work and all team leaders helped me reach my goals they gave me the right tips to have the right deal with the customer. Wasn't easy wrong, I worked with team up.

Productive hard work placement

Friendly work place,but you have to do night shift and the shift rants r bad.You r put and a contract from a monthly to weekly turn out the year,so you don't no if coming r going.I was there for 15 months doing the same job as a full timer,but being paid 100 euros less .

Pros

Canteen

Cons

Night shift

It was a good place to work years ago.

The management team is terrible now. They only care about the dollar and do not care about the employees at all. They are ruthless. Before Ireland took over....the company was pretty good.

There are better companies out there

Terrible place to work, no support for base level management and the CEO does nothing but lie. He promised jobs would not relocate and then about 6 months later removed the entire TN call center. He bases his business models on the European call center but fails to realize that the US is a different market.

Think twice

When you start working for them, keep in mind that they fire from one moment to the next. They don't consider people.Management keep each other's hands above their heads and training is not always clear. You will also be transferred from one department to another and then you get a little explanation.

Pros

Cons

Bad mangement

I learnt to be much more useful to the society and myself

It's quite interesting working with the National Pen Company Dundalk. I really learned and appreciated the way their work is structured and l got so many experiences while working with their team

Below average workplace

The production has been going downhill since the company has gotten sold through out the years. The owners are only concerned about money and not truly investing on the company. A company that was years ahead of the competition in both products and work environment. Now is just a shadow of itself struggling to stay afloat for the past 10 years.

Avoid

Avoid by all cost.Poorest Management ever Seen. Bad Colleagues and very stressfull. If getting harrassed is your thing, got to Go.

Pros

Cons

Uncountable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Pen. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• National Pen