National University of Singapore
Here to help
Coronavirus update

National University of Singapore Employee Reviews

It was a very different experience from my first job, which was in Social Services and handling children with Special Needs. This time, I had the opportunity to work with Students at the Higher Education level, and that too as the Scholars Engagement Team Lead. As such, the execution of job responsibilities required more thought; as even casual exchanges could potentially lead to colourful, in-depth discussions.
Pros
Teamwork-oriented work environment; Stable
Cons
Different departments may handle issues, with differing management styles
Staff over there are helpful and knowledgeable. Also very willing to help if it is within their ability. The environment can be pretty relaxed and easy to get by as most workload is evenly distributed.
Everything work smoothly, independent as well as working in teams are given equal weightage. Less pressure of work than other competitive environment by same level of quality of work,
The interview and the actual job scope performance on the spot is different. Which you can take it as a challenge to learn new thing, but during that time the economic is not doing well.
I enjoy working in my NUS because it gives me qreat satisfaction when my work is completed. I also enjoyed the work life balance benefit that my company practice. I have learnt all my SAP from my current job and helps to build or boost better confidence in future when i worked outside of NUS. The hardest part of my job is i have to meet difficult work and could not settle on time.
Management instructions are not very clear with too many company-wide initiatives being executed at the same time. Old-school hierarchical organization that requires you to wait for ages to advance your career.
Pros
Affordable lunches and exposure to many intellectual events
Cons
Limited skill development opportunities for an academic institution
Good place to work in sadly it's only contract based..It's office hour and quite near to my residential area. Its is overall a great place to work at.
Family orientated workplace allows me to balance work and family life. Learned a lot from the professional in work place that increase my knowledge and perspectives in many ways.
The team bonding is good and they always help one another. The senior is good at mentoring and love to hear feedback for improvement. Majority always share ideas and strive to provide excellent service to students.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at National University of Singapore?
Working with young entrepreneurs is very motivating and fulfilling. Taking the ideas from the drawing board to the market is a very challenging experience.
Relaxed workspace. Fulfilling place to work at. I learned time management and problem solution skills. The just is enjoyable and fun. Wish there were more hours and room to advance.
good. i just study here, i do not work here. so i do know
NUS offers condusive, quiet work environment, is a great working experience in a University environment. Its salary package is competitive, at market rate.
I had a 4-year undergrad course at the school. It is an amazing school with a lot of facilities and resources. Hostels are also quite comfortable and affordable
University and its research keeps pace with the demand of the health care industry and with the recent advancement in the field of medicine and health care. In fact it is here that innovations and advances originate. Glad to have been a part of this institution.
I worked as a research assistant. I learned a lot of research skills including advanced statistical analyses etc. This is a great and magnificent place to work.
Graduate Teaching Assistant Faculty of Arts and Social Science, National University of Singapore • Tutored 180 undergraduate students during tutorial classes for 4 modules and received the Best Teaching Award from the Faculty of Arts and Social Science and Department of Chinese Studies • Prepared and organized teaching materials and conducted tutorial lessons effectively, which resulted in a higher percentage of ‘A’ than the cohort average. • Provided constructive suggestions to improve teaching efficiency, which was accepted by module managers.
Note: Applicable only to Duke-NUS Medical School Pros: Flexible work hours, good boss (case-by-case), supportive administrative department, collaborative environment Cons: Follows NUS policy, therefore poor starting pay package and yearly increment was low.
NUS provides a productive and a fun place to work. Staff especially create a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Work place encourages honest and open discussion and trust in one another. If employees are friends with the people they work with, as opposed to simply being colleagues, then they’ll work better together and communicate more effectively. Having fun with colleagues is a great way for individuals to learn about each other’s traits, likes, dislikes and develop unspoken habits and rules that aid mutual understanding. This builds better understand one another’s boundaries, strengths and weaknesses.
Good family-oriented place to work in. Civil colleagues and bosses. Average salary that does not include 13th month bonus. Overall, it is a stable environment.
Innovative projects, good work-life balance, extensive opportunities to work. All facilities are provided. Excellent place to apply your knowledge and acquire new skills