National University of Singapore

National University of Singapore Employee Reviews in Clementi

Clementi23 reviews

Remuneration is comparable to market standards.

School environment is less bureaucratic and political than the corporate world. Good place to settle down long term. Admin staff dress well. There is work life balance.

Pros

Reputable University

Cons

Slow promotion

Research

Assist Researcher & students in their project . Ensure that the lab / workshop are kept tidy. To prepare materials for their project . The working environment is dusty .

Pros

Nil

Cons

Dusty / hazardous

Overall Experience in NUS SCALE

There is no worklife balance. The unofficial working hour is long during weekday. A typical day ends between 8pm to 10pm. Bosses tend to send email at night and over the weekend and expect immediate attention. There are office politics and staff have hidden agenda. Lower level staff are not helpful in guiding newly hired staff and not willing to adapt to new way of doing things. They are very protective about their job scope and afraid that their rice bowls will be taken away. Senior management is not upfront to newly hired staff about office relocation since they have hidden agenda of temporarily hiring the newly hired staff. This is very unethical. Pay is not compensatory with long working hours and effort put in.

Fun workplace

Processing invoices to students, visitors and suppliers. In-charge of cash advance, Fixed Assets and TRAC verification for staff, raising e-Journal in SAP systems and ordering of goods in the GeBiz system. In-charge of the pCard for allocation of expenditure to the correct project account. Attending enquiries from finance office and vendors by phone and emails. Process payment to supplier and reimbursing claims eg: travel claims, conference claims, allowance to staff, students and external visitors etc.

Pros

Good environmental to work with

Cons

A place where I can learn a lot

This is a place where I can learn a lot from, ranging from Math concepts, pedagogy, etc. The colleagues are friendly and helpful. Everyone shares and we work together well. I can count on them to help me in anything. Great place to teach in.

Good

Overall Good Company but pay can be better. Good overall benefits with work life balance and stability. Proper lunch time provided. Good Management.

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

Lack of Manpower

Experience at work heavily dependent on lab culture

Individual lab culture heavily affect working conditions and experience. The head of the lab, lab members, and students differ from lab to lab in NUS.

Job Challenges

KPIs are set at high bars, but management support is lacking in terms of funding, hence unrealistic expectations. Meeting customer (staff & students) expectations are tough enough, unrealistic high bars of KPIs dampens morale of serving staff.

Good Environ with sufficient annual leave

The most one i like is their benefits is not so bad. for Staff, every year has 28 working days annual leave. Most of the people never finished their annual leave. Me neither. After I worked outside not NUS, none of the company could afford 28 days annual leave. I love travelling, hiking and diving. I love the company could afford long annual leave so that I have time to expand myself vision, to make myself more mature.

Good working environment.

Good working environment. (Work Life Balance) Friendly colleague and management. Overall it is a good place to work at. Nus provide attractive salary and benefit as well.

A solid ground for academic reserach

A supportive environment to conduct research as a postdoctoral fellow. However, typical academic research landscape in Singapore means very competitive battlefield to obtain grants and tenures.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Very hard climb

Graduate student

Have to be motivated, self-driven to achieve and produce results. Good place for conferences. Lodging on campus is available upon application, shorten commute to work, very convenient

Friendly environment

The most enjoyable in this environment is I have a good rapport with people I worked with inclusive of Finance department and other department. What I learned is I learn fixed asset register and experience high volume of Accounts Payable within my comfortable range. Great exposure in fixed assets register which I can solve the discrepancy due to error in data entry as some assets are classified wrongly eg certain asset are classified wrongly as a result depreciation life span is wrongly calculated , There are job achievement as I am able to solve the problem.

Pros

Meal Allowance

Cons

Too Far, Circle line not build yet

A great place to work and learn, a vibrant environment encouraging new ideas

A great place for those interested in pursuing an academic or research-base career. Diverse environmental, many programs encouraging learning and collaborations.

Pros

Flexible work place

Cons

Fixed salary scheme

Colleague are very good

I love the colleagues a lot. They are all very nice, friendly and helpful. It is definitely a worklife balance company for sure. It is a very good environment to work in.

Pros

Colleagues. Distance from home

Cons

nil

indeed a good place to work

motivated to do things you love to do and have a common goal to achieve. great work life balance and always give chances to learn. plenty of IT resources

Great opportunity for skills upgrade

Great opportunity for skills upgrade.Better working environment and scope for learning new things...................................................

Great place

Great place as mentioned in my previous previews. I dont know why this keeps repeating? ...........................

Fun and productive place to work in ...

Very supportive colleagues and management is always looking out for you. Encourages life long learning and usually work closely with staff to get to the route of challenges.

challenging

Nice working place with supportive colleagues but not the higher rank management. Some office politics. The School grew and a lot of variety in what I did each day, to handle from the monotonous tasks to new tasks that were challenging and exciting.

Pros

Nice office environment and fun and supportive colleagues

Cons

under presured and overloaded tasks

Productive and conducive Workplace

Flexibility of the work environment is good and co-workers are friendly. A good place to start your career and to grow as an individual especially after your graduation

Pros

Cheap Lunches

Cons

Stagnant corporate scale

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National University of Singapore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

National University of Singapore Reviews by Location

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?