National University of Singapore

National University of Singapore Employee Reviews in Queenstown

Queenstown72 reviews

Senior executive

Slow paced environment with no micro managing. Colleagues working in silos and is work is manageable. However, you will need to figure out how to do things on your own initiatives

Productive and fun workplace

Your experience will differ depending on which department you join. In general, NUS offer excellent benefit packages and has good work-life balance. In certain roles, there will be no AWS and has bonus capped at 1 month

A good place to learn

Did multiple parttime internships throughout my undergrad years. PIs I was assigned to were great mentors, I learnt a lot from them. Can't say much about the benefits as I was paid hourly.

Good colleagues and fun place to work with

I enjoy working in my NUS because it gives me qreat satisfaction when my work is completed. I also enjoyed the work life balance benefit that my company practice. I have learnt all my SAP from my current job and helps to build or boost better confidence in future when i worked outside of NUS. The hardest part of my job is i have to meet difficult work and could not settle on time.

Meet people from everywhere

Family orientated workplace allows me to balance work and family life. Learned a lot from the professional in work place that increase my knowledge and perspectives in many ways.

Great environment

The team bonding is good and they always help one another. The senior is good at mentoring and love to hear feedback for improvement. Majority always share ideas and strive to provide excellent service to students.

Interesting place to work

Working with young entrepreneurs is very motivating and fulfilling. Taking the ideas from the drawing board to the market is a very challenging experience.

Typical Work Place

Relaxed workspace. Fulfilling place to work at. I learned time management and problem solution skills. The just is enjoyable and fun. Wish there were more hours and room to advance.

Productive and condusive

NUS offers condusive, quiet work environment, is a great working experience in a University environment. Its salary package is competitive, at market rate.

Resourceful

University and its research keeps pace with the demand of the health care industry and with the recent advancement in the field of medicine and health care. In fact it is here that innovations and advances originate. Glad to have been a part of this institution.

NUS as an environment Friendly Workplace

NUS provides a productive and a fun place to work. Staff especially create a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Work place encourages honest and open discussion and trust in one another. If employees are friends with the people they work with, as opposed to simply being colleagues, then they’ll work better together and communicate more effectively. Having fun with colleagues is a great way for individuals to learn about each other’s traits, likes, dislikes and develop unspoken habits and rules that aid mutual understanding. This builds better understand one another’s boundaries, strengths and weaknesses.

Mutitasking of jobs

Mutitasking of jobs, very busy & tight schedule for duties. Need to be very hard working to deliver the task on time. Require to follow closing on every job executiion. Academic qualification plays an important role.

Balanced work and life and good welfare

Only for people who are looking for good welfare or looking to settling down in a stable workplace. The organisation is not really for people who are ambitious. Unless you are in the management level, promises in career progression are typically nothing more than empty promises unless you work with very high profile faculty. Organisation have a policy of "taking turns" in promotion or better performance for yearly appraisals. Organisation tends to undercut employees in their salaries.

International and Liberal

The college has a good mix of international staff and you're definitely working quite closely with students who are bright, passionate and ready to change the world. Organisation is still young so the culture is still not as established.

Working with NUS for almost 10 years has given everyone privileges to learn more, but i hope they should also think improve our increment so we could earn more. Meeting the union would be appropriate.

Pros

Traninings

Cons

Not so good pay

Good Work Life Balance

Good place to be in for family-oriented individuals. Working pace is rather slow, and inflexible administrative system. A lot of time spent on mundane adminstrative work.

Good learning experince

The daily tasks were replying emails and updating information in the system. The working environment was good and I have learnt some things during my time in the company.

productive work place

I learnt a lot here. there was a friendly atmosphere in the lab. it is a multi culture place so I became familiar with different culture people. the times that we should work are almost long and not to good live/work balance

Great working environment

NUS staff is full of compassion and always there to help both staff and students when in need. Hardest part of the job is learn how to say no in certain situation. I have the opportunity to learn from many experienced colleagues and will definitely remember them as friends instead of colleagues.

New learning experience

Currently employed here I am assigned the project on gamma delta T cells. This is a slight switch for me in subject and hence a very good learning experience. NUS has been a top notch university and the job culture here is quite flexible. I am not tied down by definite timings and hence I can work at my own pace. A lot of my work is time bound as I need to observe things at a certain time point. As long as you manage your time effectively, one is not restricted here. For me learnong new things is very exciting and also academics is my passion.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

Nice workplace

Cordial relationship and teamwork is one of the strongest points. Supportive and understanding supervisor. Provide opportunities for upgrading of relevant skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National University of Singapore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

National University of Singapore Reviews by Location

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?