National University of Singapore

National University of Singapore Employee Reviews for Research Assistant

Research Assistant41 reviews
Singapore41 reviews

relaxed environment

Work pace is quite relaxed, since the professor does not check on you that much. How much you work accomplished each day is entirely upon your plan. However the pay is poor compared to the private company

Pros

relaxed work culture

Cons

poor pay

Friendly environment

I like working in NUS .I was a research Assistant from 2019 to 2020 in Alice Lee Centre for Nursing Studies with A/Prof Piyanee Yobas.It was nice experience for me.

Has a good work life balance

Everything work smoothly, independent as well as working in teams are given equal weightage. Less pressure of work than other competitive environment by same level of quality of work,

Great experience

I worked as a research assistant. I learned a lot of research skills including advanced statistical analyses etc. This is a great and magnificent place to work.

So much learning

As a Research Assistant under 2 Professors, I have had the chance to read of over 100 articles and to summarise and make an analysis out of it. Great Learning and so much fun!

Intense but fruitful

Research is intense and challenging, but it is worthy to spend time in it and learned something through the process. The professor will help with countering obstacles and provide advice on research.

Good research

Overall good group of researchers and faculty. Good laboratory facility. The salary and benefits can be better for research fellows. Overall good place to work.

He is a great advisor

I was a visiting researcher to his group in the summer. He is very good in his work and the lab environment was excellent I was allotted a Ph.D. student to guide me in my research. I have learned excellent lab practices from CBIS lab members

Stable environment

Enjoyable work place, flat structure, and very stable. On the other hands, it has less improvement in term of salary and benefit and career advancement.

Nice people, Over time work, Good benefit

Great people to work with Good team working but overtime work without compensation Out of time call and messages Good out of work activity Managment is good and stable

Eye-opening

It is difficult at first since everything is relatively new but it allows me to grow and learn new things as I progressed. It depends on the type of research experiments and I had to work out my own timetable to fit in the schedule but ultimately it was satisfying.

OK place for researchers, with great benefits

Good place for research and collaboration. Really depends on who you work with. Rather bureaucratic and slow moving administration. No 13th month bonus for RAs.

Pros

Company-paid health insurance, 28 days of leave, education discounts

Cons

Unpredictable hours for researchers, slow processing of claims

Good place to work at

Flexible timings, good employer employee relationship. Although long hours at work, it has job satisfaction. It provides employees with world class facilities to work with and has good learning curve.

Pros

world class facilities

Cons

The top university in Asia and nurturing both the students and staff.

My PI is my final year research project supervisor. She is really very nurturing and helpful during my growth as a researcher. The school offers good benefits package and care for staff's physical and mental health a lot. Great job culture and work-life balance.

Great colleagues but low salary and job security

The working culture there is pretty good as my colleagues were very helpful. They will always help me out whenver I have any problems or questions that need to be answered. However, as with most research job, it was contract based and the salary was not that high as well.

Overall everything good. Peaceful working experience

Good working atmosphere. Excellent opportunities to learn. Good inter personal relationship. more opportunities for beginners also. More new Principal Investigators with different kinds of experience.

Cons

nil

working as research assistant

working as research assistant, have flexibility to build and research open source software, also good chance to apply for PhD where we able to work closely with the professor

Flexible and Relax

Typical day here is quite relax and flexible, but that also depends on the project you are handling. Some experiment has time constraint, then you will have to stay later or come earlier. Other than that everything is good!

Pros

28 days of annual leave

Cons

No Bonus

Good learning environment

I was a student doing part time as a research assistant, so I could not tell much about compensation or advance. It is a very good place to study and learn.

Productive workplace with learning opportunities

Lots of learning opportunities for newcomers Patient guidance and training given Definitely comfortable team to work with Chemical analysis, GC-MS of air pollutants conducted

Good learning environment

guides you to be an independent learner and researcher. Ability to learn new technical skills and computer data analysis. Learning the process of distilling Seawater to Drinking water was an amazing knowledge picked up.

Pros

learnt to be a better data analysis

Cons

Distance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National University of Singapore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

National University of Singapore Reviews by Location