National University of Singapore

National University of Singapore Employee Reviews for Research Engineer

Research Engineer14 reviews
Singapore14 reviews

Stable life balance job

Working is NUS is nice if you want a stable and work-life balance job and if you have enthusiastic in academic. However if you are more into management in the industries, it might not be suitable.

Great

1) Balance Lifestyle - Good for long-term career and family setting 2) Low cost of food - Canteen food prices are a notch lower than other industrial area

Work life balance work place

Working culture is good with responsible and kind boss and friendly colleagues. The overall working experience in NUS is good. I able to learn technical skills from colleagues and exchange new ideas with researchers. I enjoy the flexibility of the work.

Pros

flexible

Cons

No bonus

Nice Location

Beautiful campus, plenty of things to do in Singapore, and the food is both cheap and amazing. Easy to leave in Singapore. Nice city. One of the best university in Asia.

Productive Learning workplace with excellent work culture

A typical day at work is from 9 to 6. Learned about the research field and its difficulties. Excellent Principle Investigator who guided through the entire project.

Good Environ with sufficient annual leave

The most one i like is their benefits is not so bad. for Staff, every year has 28 working days annual leave. Most of the people never finished their annual leave. Me neither. After I worked outside not NUS, none of the company could afford 28 days annual leave. I love travelling, hiking and diving. I love the company could afford long annual leave so that I have time to expand myself vision, to make myself more mature.

Good research environment

Flexible working hours as long as you can deliver all the task and be productive. Good research environment for research staff. A lot of support from government. Would be stressed out by your professor.

Pros

Good research environmnet

Cons

Stressful

Great

It is a great place to be. They are always encourging innovative thinking and ideas while giving you a chance to enhance your skills to shape your career. Great place to work at.

indeed a good place to work

motivated to do things you love to do and have a common goal to achieve. great work life balance and always give chances to learn. plenty of IT resources

Friendly and helpful colleagues with insightful and interesting job nature

The working environment is good as all the staff and colleagues are quite friendly and helpful. This job also enabled one to be independent and needs to think how to improvise the experiments. The working hours are sort of elastic sometimes due to the nature of the experiment which requires to be conducted for certain period of time continuously. However, one can have the satisfaction when obtaining the outcome of the experiment. This job also provides one to have the chance to learn how to use different equipment such as GCMS, LCMS, etc. Overall, the job is insightful and interesting as one can convert the idea into an experiment before it will be carried out in the real life.

A good university

Very famous university in Asia, with advanced manage system. Culture, benefits both OK, but salary too few.

+5 years experience on J2EE with MSc, BSc, OCJP

I am a Oracle/Sun certified Java Programmer and IT post graduate with MSc (in Enterprise Application Development), BSc (in IT) level education qualifications. Currently I am working on National University of Singapore as a J2EE Research Engineer. Last +5 years I have been working on area of enterprise application developments (Java, J2EE, Spring, Spring MVC, Spring REST API, Spring Security, JSF, JPA, Hibernate, Maven, Web Service, Cloud Computing, UNIX Shell Scripting), and also in industry level have been played some crucial roles as Senior Software Engineer.

Enriching laboratory research experience

Working in an research laboratory taught me to think critically, and creatively.

good place to work

good place to work... depends on who the boss is!!! need to work hard to achieve more.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National University of Singapore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

National University of Singapore Reviews by Location