National University of Singapore

National University of Singapore Employee Reviews for Research Fellow

Research Fellow22 reviews
Singapore22 reviews

Good Institution to work for but....

Note: Applicable only to Duke-NUS Medical School Pros: Flexible work hours, good boss (case-by-case), supportive administrative department, collaborative environment Cons: Follows NUS policy, therefore poor starting pay package and yearly increment was low.

Proactive and fun

This institution provides good infrastructure, working environment, and salary. You can manage your work to keep up with the deadlines and KPIs while having joyfull time with your family.

CSI Singapore NUS

Good sides, bad sides. Pros, cons. Opportunity for self-development, flexibility, fast career advancement, respective environment. Low quality publications, lack of strong supervision, lack of critical thinking.

Pros

Cons

Low quality publications, lack of strong supervision, lack of critical thinking

Good environment

Good working environment with manageable work &life balance colleges there was nice & friendly medical benefits packages was nice covering the family as well

Pros

location

Cons

stress

Excellent research environment

Excellent research environment for human host-microbiome interactions. Very easy to collaborate with clinicians and expand the clinical research from classical medicine to microbial ecology principle based personalized medicine.

Pros

Good research funding

Good research ambience

Good research ambiance, with excellent research facilities and friendly people. Also cross collaborations, both international and national, are easily possible.

Good colleagues but very little chance for career advancement

A scientist's day starts with experiment performing in the lab and ends with data analysis. What I learn the most from being a scientist is perseverance which I would benefit for a long time. The hardest part of this job is that I have to give up the research due to unstable environment of research field.

My time at NUS as research fellow

My time at National university of singapore as research fellow was quite good but the job security was the again not there since you are a postdoc. But that can change if you bring your own funding, which is not easy to get as well.

Good and productive place to work

Fascinating time at Duke-NUS. Good people around, lots of learning but not many options of being in Singapore as far as work life balance goes. Not many options for grants

A great place to work and learn, a vibrant environment encouraging new ideas

A great place for those interested in pursuing an academic or research-base career. Diverse environmental, many programs encouraging learning and collaborations.

Pros

Flexible work place

Cons

Fixed salary scheme

Good work/life balance but poor compensations

This is a company I always wished to work. Nice work/life balance but poor benefits and compensation. After buying San Disk the company is turning to the words biggest data storage comany.

Pros

Good work culture

Cons

poor compensation

Conducive environment for research

NUS has a large pool of foreign talents who are indeed contributing to the pool of ideas for research. The many different strengths from different people makes research exciting and at the same time competitive. Research grant application can be very challenging.

Cons

Datelines for research grants, fast-pace research

A platform for research and development

It provide a good platform for every researchers. We can join a team of motivated researchers working in the area . We can participate in research projects you are interested.

jobs

• Provided failure analysis services to electronics/semiconductor and hard disk manufacture companies by using the failure analysis techniques. • Provided AES/XPS surface contamination or elemental depth profile analysis to customer. • Provided TEM (Hitachi H-9000NAR) analysis, and supervised TEM sample preparation. • Provided fault isolation analysis for electronics device by Photo Emission Microscope (EMMI). • Modified and developed the analytical techniques to meet the customers’ requirements. • Conducted failure analysis training for customer engineers working in failure analysis, reliability and quality control.

Productive and Fun

In my current lab, guys would receive strict training about literature study, research proposal, besides the experimental skills for organic and organometallic chemistry. Our PI is quite willing to share with us his remarkable knowledge and experiences which makes the research enjoyable and efficient.

Great work place

Learnt and developed research skill, improved scientific knowledge, developed water quality model to assess the impact due to pollution discharge, communication skill with clients, colleagues and management, handled project deliverable in time, very good facilities to carry out the project work and personnel improvements...

时间比较自由

时间自由,自己自配时间多 工作压力不大 薪水一般 做科研非常适合 有丰富的运动设施 工作环境好 在此工作的典型的一天 你学到了什么 管理信息 您的同事 工作中最难的事情 工作中最有趣的事情

Challenging and fast paced workplace

Fast paced and challenging research environment with daily shifting priorities. I learned to manage a variety of projects simultaneously. Due to the close ties to industry, I learned the difference between academic and industrial research and understood the difference in focus of the two sides. It is a great joy to work at the interface between cutting edge academic advancements and developing those advancements into practical applications.

Pros

flexible work hours

Excellent Research Place

University Rank - 1 ( Asia), Rank - 24 (International) [QS Top university Ranking]

Strategic simulation with parallel computing skills

The working environment for academic research is very good.

A decent workplace

Depending on the department, it might be a good experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National University of Singapore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

National University of Singapore Reviews by Location

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?