National University of Singapore

National University of Singapore Employee Reviews for Researcher

Researcher19 reviews
Singapore19 reviews

A good academic environment

I good environment to develop skill. There was sufficient freedom and support to pursue various avenues of development. The hardest part of the job was the research but that was also the most enjoyable.

Unstable job with no career prospects

I held a contract position with the company and it was a role with very little job security and no assurance whatsoever from management as to my future prospects.

Great working environment

NUS staff is full of compassion and always there to help both staff and students when in need. Hardest part of the job is learn how to say no in certain situation. I have the opportunity to learn from many experienced colleagues and will definitely remember them as friends instead of colleagues.

New learning experience

Currently employed here I am assigned the project on gamma delta T cells. This is a slight switch for me in subject and hence a very good learning experience. NUS has been a top notch university and the job culture here is quite flexible. I am not tied down by definite timings and hence I can work at my own pace. A lot of my work is time bound as I need to observe things at a certain time point. As long as you manage your time effectively, one is not restricted here. For me learnong new things is very exciting and also academics is my passion.

Pros

flexible hours

Excellent and Challenging Work Environment

The Job is excellent and challenging, allows you to utilise your skills well. Its a helpful and conducive environment. I would highly recommend working here. The major drawback is that the research positions are not permanent and that would affect stability.

Good opportunities for water research

Good environment for water research and international collaborations. Flexible working hours for research. Salaries are low, bonuses are rare and increment in salaries are minimal.

Pros

Opportunities for international collaborations

Cons

No job security and uncertain research funding

A nice place to work

While it is a nice place to work, changes in the skills landscape mean that progression and job security is becoming increasingly scarce. It is an academic environment. so there is probably more flexibility than a corporate one.

productive

Great place for the field of medical-research, with many facilities and instruments. The faculties are cool knowledgable and outgoing. Cooperative and supportive.

Top University in the world

Great experience in NUS. Learnt a lot basic knowledge, hands-on experiments, projects. Have great relationships with fellow students and faculty members. Excellent CCA.

It is a fun department to work in.

It is a fun department to work in. Good academic culture. Bad facilities for grad students. The hardest part of the job is that the department is very interdisciplinary making it tough to collaborate with researchers who are in different fields.

Pros

Good academic culture

Cons

Bad facilities for grad students

Strong research lab

Good place to do serious plant applies research. Accessible to very high scale and sophisticated lab equipments. Strong connections with top notch international researchers

Productive place to work

Very driven and productive work environment with very high priority given to safety. Very intelligent colleagues and senior management. However, sometimes too much paperwork required for most tasks.

Undergraduate Studies

Research Group Member - “Synthesis of novel amidine catalyst” and “Synthesis of highly enantioselective tyrosine analogue” Independent research project - “Application of novel amidine catalyst for O to C alkylation”

Robotics Engineering

Unsurprisingly, my ultimate goal is electrical engineering from Thammasat University would give me well prepared for software engineering, postgraduate endeavors, be they academic or corporate. I have greatly enjoyed my research experiences so far, until now I have found my strong fundamentals. I have tried to ensure that I would be well prepared to pursue further scope of working in engineering

A normal research scholar life

Learnt about the magnetic media and various tools for characterizing. Did late nights and pull through PhD in 4 years. Got 9 publications and a patent. Journey through the PhD has been a roller coaster ride but at the end it was all worth it.

Excellent place for PhD research scholar

Excellent faculty members in Department and University. Good research atmosphere. One of the best place to pursue PhD research work

Research Scholar

A good place to work. It has a good management. I got my Ph.D there.

Good place for acedemic research

You can conduct your acedemic research based on your personal interest. You have a lot of freedom.

Reshaping of my life vision

The 4+ years of hard study are the most valuable asset in my life and shaped my life vision completely.Everyday are new to me. My knowledge and experience are update daily either by teaching myself, or discussing with professor and senior researchers.I gradually shape my researching skills, courage to explore new knowledge, solve problems independently or collaboratively, open mind and better soft skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National University of Singapore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

National University of Singapore Reviews by Location