NCS Pte Ltd

NCS Pte Ltd Employee Reviews for Desktop Support Technician

Desktop Support Technician25 reviews
Singapore25 reviews
Training provided every quarterly, but must be a fast learner. Recommend for fresh graduates good places to start the career. If under direct contract or permanent staff company will provided a lot benefit including discount of Singtel phone package and 50 SGD allowance of Singtel phone package.
Pros
Training provided, good benefit.
Cons
Fast phase working environment.
Work in Client school environment with 5 day work and Saturday as Standby. all scheduled as Shift & day work assign by company client.
Annual Leave given 14 day per a year contract. Difficulty to get leave will be main issue.

Would probably not get any leave during school holiday due to client request.

Individual KPI performance requirement is extremely high.
A good company that can train you to be the best in what you are doing.
we got a great and passionate boss as well reporting officer.

the challenge is there and the rewards also there
Had great experience working in school and learnt about life as a school support staff. The school really take care of myself very well. NCS did take care of me well too, will work with them again if I got chance to work in NCS again
Deployed to school project, its a good opportunity for fresh graduate to starting their careers, but as a school project, you learn a mininal as desktop engineer, only support end user at school environment.
Ample of opportunities to learn for fresh graduates
Great working environment and co-workers who can be called friends

Work-life balance can be achieved (OT is occasionally required during project peak periods)

Good corporate benefits (annual leave, study leave, Singtel mobile plan discount, etc)

Interesting projects that are large and complex

Senior Leadership at NCS is serious about its internal transformation and places it as a high priority
It is good for development. I've been thinking to stay but in order for career advancement. I need to giving extra effort to to having a better job since it's not a guaranteed job security.
Was working as desktop engineer in NCS and got posted to the school environment permanently or temporarily which depends on NCS management and school's request. Great learning of experience and exposure in school environment for software, hardware, and networking knowledge.
Very poor management. The compant treat the employees like a machines and no respect. I also found that the company culture is quite poor. And I will suggest you not to join this company.
Spent mostly on site so I am not quite sure about office culture. NCS provide training and tons of online courses that need to learn so it always helpful.
Pros
Good Management, good teammates, compulsory trainings
Management all good and organized.
Easy to adapt.

Nice workplace culture.

Learn a lot about IT management.

A lot of training provided.

Learn how to work independently
it was nice and good learning experience. learn a lot and will learn more in future.

have been working at NCS

Pros

Working under a good pm helped me to stay motivated.

Cons

hit or miss whether you work under a good pm i guess?
Everyday I support teachers for problems that related to computer, hardware/software and applications solving in school.

What I gained since I joined this company are very important and useful for me.

The management are very supportive regardless their position.
Pros
Building creativity and knowledge
Cons
Less of panel clinic
Required to work in School under supervision of Heah Of Divison in the School. Friendly environment and bosses. Walk customers through installing applications and computer peripherals and guide users with step-by-step instructions.
Cons
Contract Based
- safe while working with colleagues
- share views and thoughts between co-workers

- happy with the assignment given

- easy to deal with HR

- give and take
Busy day during school term. Handle users with different problem and troubleshoot with given time frame.Can discuss with superior with any doubtful solution.
Pros
Team
Cons
Training each 3 months
During my work experience at NCS Pte Ltd, I was fortunate enough to have experienced
firsthand and learned, many different sides of what goes into a project, the general process

of how a project is initially planned, developed and completed; as well as how much work

and detail goes into every stage. Another valuable lesson I have learned during these 12

weeks, were the many different types of work an Engineer has to perform, which in turn,

have provided me with more insight into the different types of roles and responsibilities

that I could perform, as a Desktop Engineer
*helped users solved computer issue
*executed instruction from company(NCS)

*I learnt how to deal with customers when they feel mad because some technical issue.

*The hardest part of the job was any first time issue when I don't know how to solve and need to fix it ASAP.

For summary I was enjoy to work at my previous area, like what I said in the beginning, It's full of challenges and harmony.
Pros
Canteen food cheap and nice.
Cons
learn limited.
Working Enviroment is very nice. helpful team mates and very friendly clients. Management were really good and everything organized very well. overall is fantastic
Pros
Helpfull Team Mates
Cons
Long working hours
My responsibilities are :

I. Perform troubleshooting for client platform related problems.

II. Respond promptly to an incident, investigate & provide temporary or permanent resolution of incidents escalated. Provide timely status updates to relevant parties.

III. Perform service request related to client platforms.

IV. Monitor the agreed service level, document & maintain the configuration of the systems; provide regular reporting to relevant parties.

V. Involve in client platform implementation/upgrade project.

I worked closely with Minister Of Education Singapore, as I need to follow every guide and instruction that given from them to proceed with any solution. I also worked closely with the school to support staff, teacher, and student while teaching and learning are in progress.

Experience has taught me how to build strong relationships with all departments at an organization. I have the ability to work within a team as well as cross-team.
This company having a good performance in managing their projects, roles, documents and working environment. Each project is having a strong team to manage and support the entire project, supporting each other for troubleshooting, improvement and decision making.