NEC Asia Pacific Pte

NEC Asia Pacific Pte Employee Reviews

Singapore41 reviews
Many areas to learn and gain knowledge
Expose to learning process in a competitive environment

Learn to cope with work within small group

Able to seek attention....
Did app development. Pay is not Google but work life is like having a Govt job. Many of their clients are govt related so you'll be chit chatting with a lot of govt people.
Pros
Management, Not very stressful, Nice culture, Little politics, Remote work possible, Nice location many buses and food
Cons
Low pay
Legacy driven and each business unit running as a “silo company”.

Highly political with huge backstabbing among departments and colleagues not willing to share ideas as a team.

MNC with a SME mentality.
The Project Manager and Senior Staff are helpful and nice to the employee. They are willing to lend a helping hand and guide the staff when additional help are required.
Simple daily task but face pace environment during peak hour . Good start for entry level. Friendly co-worker and friendly clients. Nothing much to learn after a few years.
Pro:
- AWS

- Medical fees coverage.

- Work-Life balance. (depend on job role)

- Friendly colleagues, great people and easy to work with.

Cons:

- Slow on progression and increment

- Poor Management

- Tedious Policy, poor system
The environment at NEC is very chill and yet tasks are being done. This is necauae the management gives you enough space and trust to work on your tasks without always breathing down your neck.
Above average, good working group in sharing load and experience.
Flexible working hours, committed in dedicated task. Learn how to prioritise work and responsibilities.
Lousy company
can forget about joining

management sucks

never care about you

daily talk about eat and drink but not work.

Typical day nothing much to do
to sustain in the company and gain career advancement you must really be able to work really hard even on non working days you are obliged to reply emails or return back to office just to meet the deadline
Pros
AWS & Variable bonus in a year
Cons
a lot
I like my Profession and have passion to solve the problems and to provide appropriate technical solutions as required.Having responsibility in delivering solutions as scheduled.
The workplace atmosphere is very friendly and helpful. Management is easy to talk to and gives a helping hand whenever needed. Learned a lot with cyber security.
So many new opportunities within the company. There seems to be new offices opening all the time and new projects taking off. Overall, there are some growing pains but the pros outweigh the cons.
Even though it was challenging to meet SLA while resolving issues, it was always fun to get them resolved because hard work never went unnoticed. It was always well-recognized and appreciated by management as well as co-workers.
Pros
Free fruits on Wednesdays
As part of the Service Desk Team, it is really stressful however we still managed to handle it. I worked closely with my team to ensure that we meet our SLAs. Aside from that we still able to find a time to have a team building.
Pay is low i.e. pay increment is around 2-3% and bonus is less than 2 months. Office politics are plentiful - some managers will scold subordinates first and then use the subordinates' ideas to present to everyone aka stealing credits. Not much incentive to stay other than the great office location for HQ and somewhat relaxed working hours.
Good place to learn simple skill set but not for those who wanted to grow better.

Overall, nice experience for someone who is junior and still learning
No support for employees.Join at your own risk.Working in out dated technologies.Too much micro management and bullying.Zero appreciation so basically work satisfaction will be less .
I was able to fully display my skills at a very high level and help me grow even more on my profession.

Challenging tasks and projects help me develop my character.
A good company to start your working life with, as I was placed to work with the clients and vendors on site most of the time. Working under a tight timeline has taught me how to be resourceful, and working with others is crucial in solving problems and closing cases.

Perhaps the company can look into converting contract staff into permanent staff for those who have worked for many years and have contributed significantly to the company.
Involved in the 2 years project.

Supportive management but limited grow.

MNC Company but SME culture.

Most projects required vendors technical supports.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Lack of training