New Hope Community Services

New Hope Community Services Employee Reviews

Supportive and Understanding

They have gone above and beyond to help several staff from loans to help with bills, time off to deal with problems (paid), paying for training and study materials for licensing. Once they even sent staff for stress-reduction spa days and paid us! We participate in scavenger hunts w/cash prizes, we get to go to Lexington/Cincy to Break Out games and get paid - they are truly a good company - The jobs are stressful dealing with people and their problems on a daily basis but overall the company is very supportive of staff and try to do the best by them.

Pros

paid off events, bonuses, paid training

Cons

stressful environment due to job type (patient care)

Strong community and open-minded environment

A typical day at work varies so much at New Hope, from slow data entry and office work, to dealing with resident emergencies and calming stir-crazy children. I learned the skill of flexibility, and being pro-active in helping to better a small organization. Workplace culture is strong, and staff care about you and your family on a personal level, whilst also upholding professionalism and consistent performance. The hardest part of the job is bridging the cross-cultural barriers between residents of different ethnicities and languages, but it is also the most rewarding, because when bridges are made, the work is rewarded.

The mission of this company is to improve the quality of life for every individual.

New Hope is rooted and grounded in the well being of every patient. Competency and quality are hallmarks of all staff and each are dedicated and invested in their contribution.

Stressful at times

Started out very good. Became stressful. Decided I did not want to work there due to how people are treated. Not much room for advancement. No benefits.

Fun and fulfilling place to work

I had an extremely good time volunteering at new hope as I felt that I was able to contribute positively to the kid's life even if it was just for an hour.

Good and Empathetic Job

Good job, just not enough hrs for me at the time. I loved working with the children because I came up like a lot of them. I wanted to show them that life wasn't all bad. I also enjoyed speaking with and helping addicts in recovery.

Pros

Good money, make own schedule, awesome atmosphere

Cons

Pay based on appointments with clients

Intimate Family Atmosphere (While Making a Real Difference)

Have you ever worked for a company where you felt truly valued? Having always worked for big corporations before my move to Maysville, I had not. NHCS is on another level when it comes to making their employees feel like family. No matter what you need, when you need it, or how difficult it is to obtain, someone in the office will make sure that you're taken care of. Ever had your vet bill paid by your boss? I have. I could go on and on about the familial vibe of NHCS but the true value of the company lies in what they do for the community. They are FULLY committed on a daily basis to making a positive difference in the lives of the people they service. I have witnessed clinicians, case managers, and therapeutic child specialists going above and beyond for their clients, taking phone calls and texts at two in the morning, staging interventions on a moment's notice, doing anything and everything they can and frequently doing so entirely pro bono. I know I may seem biased, due to the fact that I am still employed with NHCS, but I have never in my life worked for a company that felt more like home...and to know that I am also working for a company that is having such a monumental impact...it's truly an invaluable experience and I wouldn't trade it for the world. We're growing exponentially and hope to soon have a third location! Feel free to look us up if you're in need of our services!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Hope Community Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4