Newport Tank Containers

Newport Tank Containers Employee Reviews

Fun place to work

Very nice place to work. Lots of opportunities to advance. Always looking out for their employees with breakfast every last Friday of the month. Celebrate birthdays and every Holiday while at work.

Gemengde gevoelens

Aantal jaar hier gewerkt, in het begin met veel plezier. Nadat alle capabele supervisors waren vertrokken ging het snel bergafwaarts. Deze mensen zijn vervangen door ja-knikkers die niet tegen management in durven te gaan of door vriendjes. Heikel punt is het salaris; 2 mensen met exact dezelfde functie / taken kunnen een verschil van €1500,- bruto hebben obv 40 uur. De stress door de hoge werkdruk is verre van leuk. Wel veel flexibiliteit qua thuiswerken / begin en eindtijden.

Pros

Veel flexibiliteit, thuiswerken mogelijk

Cons

Hoge werkdruk, grote verschillen in salaris voor dezelfde functie, management staat ver verwijderd van de realiteit

Prettige weeksfeer en leuke collega's

Ik kwam in zeer leuk team terecht, werkte hier graag met fijne collegas. Goed management, met wie je altijd over alles kunt praten. Ik heb hier met veel plezier gewerkt, maar helaas zijn de omstandigheden in mijn leven zodanig dat ik ga verhuizen.

Working at Newport Tank Containers

My time at Newport wasn't the best. The first year or so was nice - supportive team, helpful management, more acknowledgment for going above and beyond and a more positive morale overall. In the last year, the employees are the ones running the office while higher management hasn't a clue what is going on until the absolute worst has happened and they have no choice but to intervene. The managers that staff directly reports to are normally too overloaded with their own work at no fault to them. Unfortunately this does cause problems as staff then has no one else to turn to for support without overwhelming management further. A friendly tip - as a manager you shouldn't be the last to know of issues or struggles within your company. It also should not be the employees responsibility to bring awareness to these issues. Manage your staff and provide them with the tools, resources and support they need to succeed. Do not fault them for a lack of communication when it is a two-way, reciprocal process. A weekly check in with individual teams or having a one on one with employees allowing them to bring attention to certain issues or concerns as well as provide feedback would be beneficial. The meetings we had focused on numbers and how many more tanks we could load when staff was already overloaded. I recommend building better work relationships and compensating the employees that actually apply effort to their job, maintain excellent customer service, show a willingness to improve and still offer a helping hand to others even when busy. You are losing hard working and dedicated -

Pros

Informative meetings regarding work place harassment, Free lunches and work outings for Holidays and sport events, Strong friendships and supportive coworkers

Cons

Heavy workload and no amount of OT will help, WFH schedule could have been more flexible, Inflation and work not factored in when being issued a raise

A solid great place to work

NewPort is dealing with transition implementing a new logistics software. It has been challenging to say the least. The CIM needs to step up his game but the new software seems good. Once the nay sayers are gone the rest of us can be happy and get our jobs done. To be honest, NewPort is a great place. The lazy people who want to complain while stuffing their faces need to go.

Pros

Great place, super nice people, great benefits, fun activities, the company is working on getting rid of the toxic, mean employees who stir the pot

Cons

the old cry babies who want a participation trophy, the company goes out of its way for employees, but in our current world you could clean the toilet for some employees and they would still complain

Official response from Newport Tank Containers

March 17, 2022

newport, never nooit niet meer, al bieden ze het dubbele

gewoon een slecht bedrijfkeihard werken en waardering nul komma nulenige die gewaardeerd worden zijn degenedie goed kunnen zuigenmomenteel een soort van zinkend schipde ene na de andere die eraf springthad een jaar contract, maar bedankt voor het vervolg contract

Avoid at all costs

This place is a joke and you can see that in the high turnover rate. A lot of people have left or are looking to leave including well liked seasoned employees. You are manipulated and overworked. Any struggles you bring to upper management are ignored or you are gaslighted and told you are wrong. They will try to bring you back in with a random lunch or gift card but nothing actually changes. I would rather work minimum wage retail than at this place. I tried very hard to make this job work and was appreciated as a coworker and employee. I left on good terms and of my own accord.

Official response from Newport Tank Containers

March 17, 2022
Thank you for your feedback. We value ALL our employees. NewPort like all companies across the world is dealing with the effects of the great resignation. Introducing a new software has made it extremely difficult. We understand change is very tough. We are working to make positive changes which we are starting to see nice results as of late. We wish you the best in your new endeavors.

Very high stress job. Management plays favorites. TOXIC Environment. Never feel like work is complete, no sense of accomplishment.

Working for Newport is very high stress and you can never get all of your work done in a 40 hour week. Daily you deal with 200+ emails, multiple deadlines, never ending invoices, and poor salary. New employees are coming in making as much as some who have been with the company 2+ years. The better you do with the company the more work you get until they break you. Newport has been on a downhill slope ever since they rehired the VP who only cares about the numbers and not anything or anyone else. He walks into interviews 10 minutes after they start and leaves early just to show the power he holds. They do not have any sort of training program in place whatsoever for new hires, they pretty much wing it or teach you the basics and throw you out to the wolves. Yearly reviews are a joke, you might get a 4% raise 3 months after your work anniversary. Lots of dramaI do not recommend working here.

Cons

No breaks - only a lunch, high stress, poor management, overwhelming amount of work, multiple deadlines, drama

Terrible and toxic workplace, DO NOT WORK HERE.

I dedicated 3 plus years of my life to this company, at first it seemed like a great place to work, until the true colors come out. Management is a joke, upper management protects the manager whom have been there for a long time, even when they are poorly doing their job. The company preaches an “open door policy” until you actually tell them what’s going on. You’re expected to work harder than you’re manager, the only way to keep up with you’re work flow is to work 60 plus hours a week! NEWPORT DOES NOT VALUE ITS PEOPLE, they use and abuse and will treat you like nothing. Raises here are a joke, the work life balance does not exist here, management clings together like they are in high-school. DO NOT WASTE TIME HERE. Find something better- this place is beyond TOXIC.

Cons

Pay, Management, Hours, Work life balance, Petty work place, no respect.

Fijne werkgever, goede sfeer en veel ruimte voor eigen inbreng.

Ik werk dagelijks met een kundige, constructieve groep mensen aan een mooi project. De manier waarop e.e.a. aangestuurd wordt is prettig: duidelijk, maar volop ruimte voor eigen inbreng. Uiteraard zijn er ook de nodige uitdagingen, maar dit wordt door management onderschreven en ideeën op dit gebied worden serieus genomen en waar mogelijk toegepast.NewPort heeft me de nodige mogelijkheden geboden: studie, doorgroeien qua functie...

Pros

Informele, constructieve sfeer, leuke uitjes. Ruimte voor input werknemers en goede doorgroeimogelijkheden.

Kontenkruipers

Zolang je bij de juiste mensen in hun kontkruipt gaat alles goed. Verder allemaal vriendjespolitiek met veel loze beloftes die niet nagekomen worden.

Pros

Zijn genoeg andere bedrijven waar je kan werken

Cons

New Port

Good company

Good company. There are always areas of improvement, but overall it’s a good company. Most of the managers are responsive and my experience with HR has been good.

Pros

Compensation

A great place to work and build a career.

Newport is a very fair and transparent employer. The opportunities for advancement are plentiful if you are ready to learn and put in an honest day’s work. The atmosphere within the office is laid back and management is flexible with the needs of its employees while promoting a healthy work/life balance. Advancement opportunities are based on merit and performance. If you are dependable, honest, and professional then you will do well at Newport Tank. The days are never boring and there is always something new to learn. The work is both challenging and fulfilling. I am very proud to work for Newport Tank.

Management is not professional.

Top management including HR is very out of touch and with employees. If you like being disrespected and talked down to this is the place for you. Shady people at the top. Human resource department does very little addressing issues employees have.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Management!

Management needs updating

People are not treated with respect from GM or HR. Friendships play a big role with management. HR does little to help employees only responds to questions they feel like. Screaming at people never benefits anyone!

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Management!

Excelente ambiente de trabajo y gran colaboracion interpersonal.

Ambiente de trabajo con gran area de aprendizaje.Gerencia muy participativa e interesada en el personal.Gran libertad de aprendizaje y apoyo por la direccion general

Good pay and benefits. Bad working atmosphere, gossip, back stabbing, favoritism, nepotism, etc

I was really happy when I was offered the position. Unfortunately, only days after starting working there, the veil dropped and all the closets opened to release the nastiest behaviors I ever encountered in my whole life. If you dare intend to just do the best job you can, show respect to everyone, and be reliable, you're in for an awful experience.

Pros

Good location, pretty good benefits, and pay

Cons

Miserable working atmosphere

Horrible Management

You’re a bother to HR. You go to ask questions, or give feedback, papers are slammed, questions aren’t answered. Management doesn’t care about their employees. Employees forced back to work during Covid, not taking the correct precautions, following CDC guidelines. Horrible horrible place. BRING BACK OLD MANAGEMENT.

Great environment / managers and employees alike are great

NewPort Tank Containers is a great place to work. There is a diverse culture, nice work environment, and friendly and caring management team. The culture is nice and the company offers good pay, holiday bonuses, outstanding benefits - fully paid life insurance, long term disability, short term disability and a wonderful 401K program that matches 100% up to 6% of your contribution. The medical plan pays your copays and part of your high deductible plan. All the benefits kick in the month following your hire date. Plus there is a fully provided breakfast every month in addition to lunches and treats on a monthly basis. You don't find this at most companies anymore! During the current COVID crisis the company allowed employees to work from home, they purchased printers for staff and even allowed employees to take home equipment so they could be safe. In addition, the company sent Heinen's grocery store gift cards to all employees to thank them for keeping the business running during this time. They truly care about their employees.

Pros

Outstanding benefits and very generous 401K plan 100% match up to 6%

Cons

Best company I have worked for

Having worked at several other Cleveland companies, NewPort has been the best company I have worked for yet. There is a lot of autonomy from managers and they place a lot of trust in their teams. Pay and benefits are above par for the area and management is very transparent with weekly/monthly check ins with the entire team. The team is pretty lean and several team members wear multiple hats. Extra effort and taking on more responsibility does not go unnoticed by managers and team members. I think that there is a lot of opportunity for growth and managers really utilize team members strengths and challenge them with tasks to build onto them. Work/Life balance is really taken into account by managers.

Pros

Good pay/benefits, annual reviews, merit increases

Leuk bedrijf om voor te werken!

Ik heb in korte tijd veel geleerd, collega's hebben mij warm onthaald en vragen staat altijd vrij! Er wordt goed samengewerkt, ook met andere afdelingen. De bedrijfscultuur is informeel, open deur beleid. Het werk is duidelijk.

Pros

Informeel en leuk werk

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newport Tank Containers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Newport Tank Containers with

• Newport Tank Containers
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?