Nomura

Nomura Employee Reviews

Singapore7 reviews
Foreign exchange trader responsible for the Asian trading session , responsibilities included building the franchise locally and globally .
Good career building assignment with helpful management and supporting colleagues.
I travelled to many places and exposed to variety of clients. Would love to work again.
I had a good line manager when i started at Nomura as a contractor. However my responsibilities kept increasing due to the high attrition rate because of the director, who was a workaholic and a tyrant. About 15 people left under her management during the 1year I worked there, while the whole department size was about 20-30.
Cons
bad management
- Friendly working environment
- Co-workers have reasonable quality of work

- Most enjoy the friendly working environment between teams
Very Japanese centric company with minimal global ambitions. Very Weak Ex-Japan. Unable to retain and keep strong international talents. Most have left the company
Pros
Strong Branding In Japan
Cons
Weak Japanese Management, Loosing Business
great challenge in managing events and admin part in a day. generally, provide solutions and coordinating for investors, listed corporates, inter-department colleagues and vendors during office hours, handling backlog and follow ups admins after hours. During event period, late nights in office or on sites is a norm. What i enjoyed most is after a success event or trip, appreciation from investors, corporates and managements send to me. Whatever challenges i faced no longer matters anymore.
Pros
good staff benefit
Cons
Good Employer, location, people. Learned multiple skills from peers and managers and co workers. Enjoyed the tenure.