NTUC Fairprice
NTUC Fairprice Employee Review

Facilities - Working Systems

October 15, 2019
The facilities provide by the employers are very useful. The working systems used by the employers really helps the employees to have some work life balance.
August 15, 2016
Same role
Retail Supervisor (Current Employee) - Punggol waterway point
A typical day would be quiet during day and crowded during night especially weekends and public holiday Learned a lot of stuff but mostly about retail Stock ordering is the hardest sometime it sell fast because there is an offer sometime it just stuck in your backstore seeing those stock being sold i feel some sense of achievement Co worker are friendly mostly older than me able to talk about stuff that i have no idea some in the past some in other industry and some slice of life For hardest part of the work before i promoted to retail supervisor i thought that it was ordering but after i was promoted i found out that coordinating and arrange stock is the hardest such as every thursday advertise special and weekly fair/offer/mustbuy/purchase with purchase and sometime new stock that have been launched we have to arrange into normal shelf without breaking the previous arrangement grouping The enjoyable part of the job would be seeing customer able to get what they want to buy and happily head off to the counter for example few occasion when customer asked me location of the items they want and i was able to show it to them and they thanked me and head off to the counter some even came from faraway just to get the stuff of course nice versa if after i showed customer the product location and its out of stock i would feel a bit remorse especially if i was in charge of the lane that the product was.
Pros
Good Benefit, Claimable OT, Friendly co-worker
September 21, 2012
Same role
Retail Supervisor (Current Employee) - Rochor Center
A typical day at work is very challenging,everyday is considered as a new day where surprises arise and you need to adopt everything that is happening from customer compliments to their complaints and questions.I learned to supervise and manage a store being manned by staff of different nationality.Varying in culture,beliefs and attitudes even ages.The management is supportive in providing training and educating its staff in order to upgrade in terms of efficiency towards work and have a positive mind set.My co-workers and I practices teamwork for us to attain our common goal for the store and as often as needed, we practice professionalism and respect regardless of races.The hardest part of my job is when you need to cope up with the manpower shortages and you need to help all the staff on their day to day activity.When you need to reach out beyond your duty in order to make things done as needed and when it is needed.The most enjoyable part of my job is the learning that this kind of work has brought me that made me improve as an employee,leader and as a person.
Pros
bonus and allowances
November 23, 2017
Same location
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) - Ang Mo Kio
go find other job like usher or some event better pay and more enjoyable.Here your carry heavy stuff and some time you may injured yourself so join if you wanna work out and get paid at the same time.You will need to have a flexible mind if not you might be hard on you.Also some team leader will be more biased base on if you are ite or o-level same goes to the senior.So ya working is never a good thing but no choice need money. Some senior although they are fierce but they still guild you well just that you have to get use to their "gangster" attitude. Others you might get back stab, control around and sometime split vulgar by the old seniors there in hokkien usually which i understand. Team leader is OK (OK as in normal attitude arrogant and strict) but just that he carry customer ball too much during selling orange until they climb over his head.Unlike some other company i worked they have the right to ignored customer if they gone too much.
Pros
other than what i said no pros
Cons
control about, harder work, lesser pay then other company
  1. Facilities - Working Systems