NTUC Fairprice
NTUC Fairprice Employee Review

Tiring and unpleasant work environment

August 19, 2020
Quite tiring because I was in non-food department. The team leader is absolutely unreasonable and impatient. She blames me that I told the manager that the roster had not been released yet during my second day(by right, my roster should be released on first day). She scolds her department members for unreasonably and ridiculously. On the other hand. there is also a lazy NTUC boy who walks around, use mobile phone and always talks to the merchandisers unnecessarily. I had been doing most of the replenishing work and he did little. He has bad temper and terrible attitude by yelling toward his colleagues and merchandisers. Quite a number of temp staff left because of these two black sheep. Overall, it has been a disaster in NTUC Marine Parade non-food department.
Pros
Not bad pay during COVID-19 period
Cons
Two disrespectful staff in my department
July 31, 2020
Same role
Temporary Staff (Former Employee) - Sembawang
I only can say that their arrangements of staffs are very poor. I work as a temperature screener in morning shift suppose is 2 persons but end up only me alone go toilet or lunch hours are so diffcult but in afternoon shift got 2 persons can take turn to go. That's all I wan to say.
May 21, 2020
Same role
Temporary Staff (Former Employee) - Blk 202 Hougang
I need to take customer temperature and scanning of identity card under the sun. I have to guide customer how to qr code download Apps, help them to key in their information. Too many work to do at this outlet and have to work under the sun.
April 25, 2017
Same location
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) - Katong V Mall
Over the years, I learned to better multitask and organise my work. Our typical day at work includes forwarding and replenishing of goods before waiting for new stocks to arrive. on certain days, i will have to do ordering of stocks to be arrived for the next day. During my spare time, i will do the checking of expiry of goods. Fortunately for us, our outlet branch manager is okay. Hence, there is not much issues with the management here. The working culture here emphasises on working together as a team and always helping one another. The hardest part of this job is attending to difficult customers. however, that being said, i still find the joy while doing my job as i get to interact to customers and having small conversations with them. The best part of all is seeing those smiles and 'thank you' when i go the extra mile attending to customers needs. :)
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
low pay
  1. Tiring and unpleasant work environment