NTUC Fairprice

NTUC Fairprice Employee Reviews in Marine Parade

Quite tiring because I was in non-food department. The team leader is absolutely unreasonable and impatient. She blames me that I told the manager that the roster had not been released yet during my second day(by right, my roster should be released on first day). She scolds her department members for unreasonably and ridiculously. On the other hand. there is also a lazy NTUC boy who walks around, use mobile phone and always talks to the merchandisers unnecessarily. I had been doing most of the replenishing work and he did little. He has bad temper and terrible attitude by yelling toward his colleagues and merchandisers. Quite a number of temp staff left because of these two black sheep. Overall, it has been a disaster in NTUC Marine Parade non-food department.
Pros
Not bad pay during COVID-19 period
Cons
Two disrespectful staff in my department
Over the years, I learned to better multitask and organise my work. Our typical day at work includes forwarding and replenishing of goods before waiting for new stocks to arrive. on certain days, i will have to do ordering of stocks to be arrived for the next day. During my spare time, i will do the checking of expiry of goods. Fortunately for us, our outlet branch manager is okay. Hence, there is not much issues with the management here. The working culture here emphasises on working together as a team and always helping one another. The hardest part of this job is attending to difficult customers. however, that being said, i still find the joy while doing my job as i get to interact to customers and having small conversations with them. The best part of all is seeing those smiles and 'thank you' when i go the extra mile attending to customers needs. :)
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
low pay