NTUC Fairprice

NTUC Fairprice Employee Reviews for Cashier

Cashier22 reviews
Singapore22 reviews
This is a part time job.
It is through the agency that the job is engaged.

The cashiering team is very friendly and take care of each other. Team work is demonstrated.
Ntuc is very good, but the outlets chief cashier not happy each other, and the never do thing go out and they never said give warranty letter, and the outlets admiralty two months already many people resign also about two chief cashier, same staff always take mc, they never scolded,
Good
Cons
Not long hours
The staff were very kind and patient when it comes to teaching and would gladly help whenever help was needed. It was a really great experience since it was chinese new year period with the crazy amount of people buying lots of goods for chinese new year
Friendly place...Can enjoy Work there enjoy working there... Friendly place to work college al.ate friendly and help ful...If we face any problem the manager and leader Al help to settle the problems
Pros
No food provide
Cons
Short hours
A typical day at work included serving customers at the checkout counter and managing the money in your own cash drawer. What I learned from the job were customer service skills which included how to manage customer queries and difficult customers. Head cashiers in charge of me are great people who made me feel welcomed and valuable. The hardest part of the job was the long hours and it was physically demanding to stand for long periods of time. Most enjoyable part of the job was definitely interacting with the older and experienced co-workers who were all friendly and patient in guiding me to do my job well.
Pros
Friendly work enviroment
Cons
Long Hours
Cashier, collecting money and packing

Help out in the training new Cashier on the Job

Management was good.

Had good relation with colleagues supervisor
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
o Trained new cashiers on procedures, customer service and sales techniques.
o Created attractive displays to promote items.

o Responded to customer requests and directed to merchandise.
a typical day is always busy
cashiering and handle customer

no comment for management

good learning place would send for training

long standing hour

Acknowledge

Hardworking

Always help

Promote sales

Give helping hands for pioneers

Have passion for others
shift working. learn how to use the credit card, point card. good management and about the culture is good. hardest part is long queue when make a payment and is also enjoyable part.
Pros
some times get free gift
Cons
8 hours
First thing is to thank God and love your work.
ived learned to interact with people, follow managements rules

be part of the company as a family and enjoy every single and moments the work.
Pros
free meals
Cons
shortbreaks
I was personally comfortable working here. Seniors and supervisors were helpful and guided me. It was overall a pleasant working environment and i was able to learn new skills. The job became tiring when there were overwhelming customers due to promotions or holidays, but it was manageable as most customers were understanding and patient. the seniors also taught me ways to work faster without getting annoyed or angry.
Pros
short working hours
Cons
long queues were stressful at times
I worked just below my blook. Was a part timer there. I packed food and do cashering. The pay was to low and i wanted to study. So i had to keace NTUC.
Loved to work as a cashier as I got a lot experience in this line..not only work with NTUC but used to work with 711 for more then 10years n giant for 2 years..not been working since last 2 years...coz my kids are still young n need more attention....now my kids are big enough to look after the themself..
Overall good experience. Fun but can be tiring at times. Especially during festive period such as Chinese New Year. Teach you the skills to handle responsibility and upset customers
As a part time cashier, there's nothing more to it. Just repetitive scanning of items, asking customers for their membership card etc. It would be difficult to be a full-timer due to long standing hours.
Working at my part time job at NTUC as a cashier is still alright. The working hours is by shift, which is good. The management is very friendly at the outlet I worked at. The hardest part of the job, probably would be to handle the long queue of customer flow. We need to be quick and precise at times. Settling customers doubt on products etc. But it is still a good job, which gets me permanent salary flow as i only able to commit weekends during schooling days.
Pros
Flexible working shift hourss
Cons
Carry many heavy stuffs
Best salary and also like very much my cashier work. And good guideness. Best high bonuses. Very professional and good challenges in the work.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
when you handle difficult/ fussy customers,
you have to identified their feeling either unhappy or sad shopping experieced

management very understanding the problems facing by all cashiers at the counter.

Co-workers all are supportive and team work

Hardest part are when get scolded by customers because of promotion items/ wrong price or customers get rotten fruits/ spoil items

The most enjoyable part is when you get friendly/good customer
Pros
Annual Dinner and Dance
Cons
short breaks, working hour till midnight
I've learnt how to manage customer's wants & needs.
Even handle their complains over a product.

Communication among the Chief Cashiers is down with the staffs too.

Co-Workers are friendly and always make my day.

And the most enjoyable part of the job is to see my customers smile/laugh with the service provided.
Pros
You'll get staff rebates every year if you sign u for Union Plus Card Member.
Cons
Low salary.
i have been worked in fair price ( singapore ) as a cashier...so i got a lot of experience about central cash and big amount of money, exchange voucher, gift voucher, refund voucher, cash machine , and how to use credit machine , offline machine , how to sell to the mobile card....
Pros
accomodation, transportation, one time of food, insurance, 2 way air ticket if we complete of 2 years, commision, points, others allowance
Cons
8hours