NTUC Fairprice

NTUC Fairprice Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Retail Sales Associate18 reviews
Singapore18 reviews
Working well with elderly colleagues made me become more caring of the surrounding and working equipment as safety is always important. This would be a good starting point for youngsters to experience the working world and at the same time make new friends and learn life experiences from the elderly as to how one should treat the people and things around you.
nice enviroment and friendly co workers, i love to work there, i did night shift. we have 3 dffnt shifts. i mostly took night shift. most secure place.
Very nice to work and good workmates. Good team leader and enjoyed by working different shifts. Some days are busy. Customers are nice and friendly. Updating ourselves by attending various training.
Usually work alone but I made friends along the way. I topped up dairy products like milk, cheese and yogurt etc.
The pay is OK but sometimes, it is too tiring as you need to keep on topping up thing.
Pros
Air-conditioned
Cons
Heavy products
This job provided me an opportunity to see the innerworkings of how a supermarket is run, from preparing the supermarket for opening to its customers to shutting down the supermarket for the night while prepping it for the next day
everyday we doing multitasking that everything we need to know how do cashiering, topping up of items cut fish frozen and etc always overtime must do finish the work before going back
Pros
fun working
Cons
learn how to restocking stock and how to maintain good personal hygiene and was able to get along with some good colleage and had a good experince in working there
Pros
good hour for lunch or dinner
Cons
I get to interact with walk-in consumers all the time. I learnt to serve them with a smile no matter how difficult they are to deal with. I learnt to compose myself with a gentle voice and humble attitude even if they are in the wrong, and serve them.

The typical day at work as a retailer and a cashier was to make every customer who walk into the store and leave with the impression that they are important to us, so that they will come back to shop with us again.

This was my first job, and out on the field with customers, i get to learn how to serve them, talk to them, suggest and help them with their choices, make them feel special to us, to the store/company.
Pros
Low stress enviroment
Cons
long working hours
Clean the area of replenishing. First in first out the stock before replinish. I Learned how to handle staff and customers also ordering and recieving of stocks. Hardest part when I forget to order the stocks. Most enjoyable is to served the customers what they need.
You get to work with friendly people and you get to learn the basics of customers service even though sometimes customers can be tough at times, but nothing that can be settled.
Pros
Fun working Environment
Working in NTUC Fairprice is fun. You get to interact with a lot of people, that includes fellow colleagues and different types of customers. Aside from that, management is real good too. It's like working with your family.
Pros
Near my place of residence and perfect time for me too.
I was assigned as retail assistant to earn my monthly allowance to support myself during my schooling days
My jobs mainly replenish goods and assist the customer.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
pay rate it too low
Im Rafy ,
Im 21 yeasr old..i have a lot of experience but retail is my best part. I can work if people guide me.

I'm realy need to work..for support my family

And i work be positif..
Over the years, I learned to better multitask and organise my work. Our typical day at work includes forwarding and replenishing of goods before waiting for new stocks to arrive. on certain days, i will have to do ordering of stocks to be arrived for the next day. During my spare time, i will do the checking of expiry of goods. Fortunately for us, our outlet branch manager is okay. Hence, there is not much issues with the management here. The working culture here emphasises on working together as a team and always helping one another. The hardest part of this job is attending to difficult customers. however, that being said, i still find the joy while doing my job as i get to interact to customers and having small conversations with them. The best part of all is seeing those smiles and 'thank you' when i go the extra mile attending to customers needs. :)
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
low pay
-Its something new
-Good experience

-Get to know new people

-The team was helpful and friendly

-Got to learn how to handle situation with different people.
I learn a lot of thing at this working place like SAP system , Ordering , stock control. I am happy I got at good teacher(manager & team leader) to teach me . But at this working place no enough staff to operate
Part-time retail assistant in Non-Food department which mostly work in weekend, the objective is to enhance my social experience and also to earn some pocket money.
The typical day at work start with quality checking all the goods displayed in the store and remove any goods which has gone bad or look bad. Then replenish the goods if those displayed is depleting very quickly. Soon we will get ready for the arrival of the stocks. And this is where team work will happen, my co-workers and I will move the stocks together because they are really heavy and we will be assigned to replenish different goods to speed things up.

Basically, team work is key and also being able to attend to customers' queries. Some times, customers would not be able to find certain products and they will ask any staff they see. So even though the product is not under your section, you need to be able to know where exactly it is placed to help customer. Thus, I also learn that we should be fully aware of our working environment.

The hardest part of this job is definitely unloading the goods, because each box of apples are of multiple kgs and we do not have proper equipment which can help unload the goods easier. And hence, most of the time, we might end up hurting ourselves,

Most enjoyable part of the job is being to work with a group of people who are passionate of their job and is willing to take care of you and teach you their great wealth of knowledge.
Pros
Good Staff benefits.
Cons
Excess Work Load.