NTUC Fairprice

NTUC Fairprice Management reviews

Singapore93 reviews
Management and staffs in tanglin mall are great! Having alot of fun working there. However with a toddler, i dont have enough time to spent with my kid especially when i have to work in the afternoon shift
Quite tiring because I was in non-food department. The team leader is absolutely unreasonable and impatient. She blames me that I told the manager that the roster had not been released yet during my second day(by right, my roster should be released on first day). She scolds her department members for unreasonably and ridiculously.

On the other hand. there is also a lazy NTUC boy who walks around, use mobile phone and always talks to the merchandisers unnecessarily. I had been doing most of the replenishing work and he did little. He has bad temper and terrible attitude by yelling toward his colleagues and merchandisers. Quite a number of temp staff left because of these two black sheep.

Overall, it has been a disaster in NTUC Marine Parade non-food department.
Pros
Not bad pay during COVID-19 period
Cons
Two disrespectful staff in my department
A fast-paced work culture with good learning and growth opportunities. Management are knowledgable, and good guidance are provided for new hires. Most enjoyable part of the job will be the satisfaction received after a launch of a successful campaign
A good place to earn a lot more but no room to grow for foreign workers.
A very stress full job.

Difficulty in acquiring new staff.

Management care less about the foreign workers and favor the locals despite of their wrong doings.
A place where I find a lot of friends with different cultures.
Some of senior staff not interested with new stuff.and not willing to guide.but management staff and manager are good. I can't work with people who are not friendly.that the reason i resigned
Pros
Can learn a lot.
Cons
Short hours
Well the organization is big everybody is busy including the CEO who is also an MP for Serangoon.We talk less

Long day 10-12 hrs

Friendly

Waiting

expose to many intereting place such as Parliament House
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Early start
Working level culture is cordial and friendly. Politicking happens a lot at the senior management level, which leads to road-blocks and slows down progress/innovation.

Senior management is unable to align vision and expectations in order to drive the company forward as a team. Recent talent acquisition seems to have been overly focused on personnel from the banking and management consultancy sector, which leaves the organisation top-heavy and short-staffed to carry out the actual work.
Pros
Grocery rebates
Cons
Indecisive senior management, red tape
Cashier, collecting money and packing

Help out in the training new Cashier on the Job

Management was good.

Had good relation with colleagues supervisor
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
a typical day is always busy
cashiering and handle customer

no comment for management
good learning place would send for training
long standing hour

fun part is team player
Good worklife balance
Company going through transition from traditional retail to digitization.

Trying to create an omni channel experience.

Hardest part of the job is about staff management
The management works hand in hand with employee of the company to ensure that employee has the benefit and company has meet with the profit benefit. More involvement of employee in CSR and other programe
Pros
better staff benefit
Cons
short breaks
shift working. learn how to use the credit card, point card. good management and about the culture is good. hardest part is long queue when make a payment and is also enjoyable part.
Pros
some times get free gift
Cons
8 hours
First thing is to thank God and love your work.
ived learned to interact with people, follow managements rules
be part of the company as a family and enjoy every single and moments the work.
Pros
free meals
Cons
shortbreaks
Team work and good communication is most important during work.
Good benefit.

The management is more care employee. I can free warm and happy.
Job training provided. I can improve and keep daily up.
Pros
job training and good team work
Cons
Working in NTUC Fairprice is fun. You get to interact with a lot of people, that includes fellow colleagues and different types of customers. Aside from that, management is real good too. It's like working with your family.
Pros
Near my place of residence and perfect time for me too.
A typical day at NTUC as a Designer is comprised of designing and generating working drawings for approved new upcoming supermarket.
We will have department meeting for an overview of the ongoing projects, to give ideas on how to improve working capacities, to problem solves issues like on the administrative side as well as problematic technical matters..

Designer will also conduct project meeting with the internal and external parties for sharing of important information.

During the ongoing project, Designer has to monitored and coordinated the work on site for smooth flowing.

The management will keep in touch with all the other departments involve to have a meet up once a week and the Head of Department will address some important issues or for employee bonding session.
Its a very accommodating and conducive working place for anyone who wants to strike a balance of work and life practice.
Pros
Work challenges, good benefits.
Over the years, I learned to better multitask and organise my work. Our typical day at work includes forwarding and replenishing of goods before waiting for new stocks to arrive. on certain days, i will have to do ordering of stocks to be arrived for the next day. During my spare time, i will do the checking of expiry of goods. Fortunately for us, our outlet branch manager is okay. Hence, there is not much issues with the management here. The working culture here emphasises on working together as a team and always helping one another. The hardest part of this job is attending to difficult customers. however, that being said, i still find the joy while doing my job as i get to interact to customers and having small conversations with them. The best part of all is seeing those smiles and 'thank you' when i go the extra mile attending to customers needs. :)
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
low pay
Working at my part time job at NTUC as a cashier is still alright. The working hours is by shift, which is good. The management is very friendly at the outlet I worked at. The hardest part of the job, probably would be to handle the long queue of customer flow. We need to be quick and precise at times. Settling customers doubt on products etc. But it is still a good job, which gets me permanent salary flow as i only able to commit weekends during schooling days.
Pros
Flexible working shift hourss
Cons
Carry many heavy stuffs
when you handle difficult/ fussy customers,
you have to identified their feeling either unhappy or sad shopping experieced

management very understanding the problems facing by all cashiers at the counter.
Co-workers all are supportive and team work

Hardest part are when get scolded by customers because of promotion items/ wrong price or customers get rotten fruits/ spoil items

The most enjoyable part is when you get friendly/good customer
Pros
Annual Dinner and Dance
Cons
short breaks, working hour till midnight
I learnt to be more detailed and attentive to the demands of the customers. The management was easy to talk to, easy to relate to and I can go to the supervisors anytime I feel uncomfortable. I also learnt to be patient and understanding, the co-workers are easy to get along with and the camaraderie between co-workers, supervisors and managers.
Cons
Overly demanding customers.
The management structure has too many layers. Meaning that if anything needs to be done, then there is many layer of approval that need to be gotten before the project can move forward.

Work life balance is not that great as many times, work was required to be done on off days and also outside working hours.

The good thing is that in my role, I can identify areas that need improvements and recommend corrective actions in the form of training programs that can be conducted. Though not all the programs are approved, I can work around them to arrive at alternative solutions.
Pros
Able to work with management team to recommend solutions in the form of training programs
Cons
Poor work life balance