NTUC Fairprice

NTUC Fairprice Salary & Benefits reviews

Singapore92 reviews
a good place to work. Sometime difficult to handle stock during CNY/ Christmas, because a lot of incoming stock/ promotions. good benefits for workers in term of training.
Pros
birthday celebration for individual staff
Cons
no fix hours breaks for staff
Verry good Company benefits and working Environment the best place to work. Fresh food have a fod safety standards can learn more about food safety and other training
Has a more open culture
Employees are allowed to work at their own time and target as long as they finish their task promptly before the set timeline
Colleagues are friendly and approachable, willing to help one another
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Might need to do overtime
Friendly place...Can enjoy Work there enjoy working there... Friendly place to work college al.ate friendly and help ful...If we face any problem the manager and leader Al help to settle the problems
Pros
No food provide
Cons
Short hours
Jobs aren't just a paycheck, and, given the amount of time spent working, it's important for me to make sure there's a good fit. This company has good culture and I learned a lot.
The work is straight forward and simple to handle.
However, the remuneration is very low, and the working hour is long.

We are required to work on most public holidays, without any double compensation.
Most of the staff are cooperative, except for a few.

Nothing is too difficult, except for some people who gets impatient, when there is a sudden influx of customers in the queue for delivery services.

Nothing is too difficult, except for some unreasonable or difficult customers' who loves to complaint; even for some minor issues, or when they could not get a replacement or refunds.

These customers' requires our tactfulness, and soft skill to handle.

At all times, do not offend them, even though, they may be nasty.

Just avoid any argument, and quickly get a fellow colleague to assist you in handling the customer, so as to appease him/her.

However, giving the best services to the customers is the most enjoyable; always serves with a smile, showing that you care.
Cons
learn how to restocking stock and how to maintain good personal hygiene and was able to get along with some good colleage and had a good experince in working there
Pros
good hour for lunch or dinner
Cons
Learn something new everyday, peak hours only in afternoon, good company culture. Everyone is fun to work with. Great job benefits and jobs are easy.
Pros
Fun company culture
Cons
I worked just below my blook. Was a part timer there. I packed food and do cashering. The pay was to low and i wanted to study. So i had to keace NTUC.
good company to work with. perfect work life balance. part time as per availability and salary was descent. lots of perks for employees. overall it was a learning opportunity.
Pros
discounts for employees
Cons
early start
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at NTUC Fairprice?
A typical day at NTUC as a Designer is comprised of designing and generating working drawings for approved new upcoming supermarket.
We will have department meeting for an overview of the ongoing projects, to give ideas on how to improve working capacities, to problem solves issues like on the administrative side as well as problematic technical matters..

Designer will also conduct project meeting with the internal and external parties for sharing of important information.

During the ongoing project, Designer has to monitored and coordinated the work on site for smooth flowing.

The management will keep in touch with all the other departments involve to have a meet up once a week and the Head of Department will address some important issues or for employee bonding session.

Its a very accommodating and conducive working place for anyone who wants to strike a balance of work and life practice.
Pros
Work challenges, good benefits.
I was assigned as retail assistant to earn my monthly allowance to support myself during my schooling days
My jobs mainly replenish goods and assist the customer.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
pay rate it too low
Fun to work with the aunties at Khatib Fairprice. They are welcoming, Friendly and easy to work with. Welfare and safety are always the priority whilst working there.
Pros
timely breaks
Cons
standing long hours
As a part time cashier, there's nothing more to it. Just repetitive scanning of items, asking customers for their membership card etc. It would be difficult to be a full-timer due to long standing hours.
Working at my part time job at NTUC as a cashier is still alright. The working hours is by shift, which is good. The management is very friendly at the outlet I worked at. The hardest part of the job, probably would be to handle the long queue of customer flow. We need to be quick and precise at times. Settling customers doubt on products etc. But it is still a good job, which gets me permanent salary flow as i only able to commit weekends during schooling days.
Pros
Flexible working shift hourss
Cons
Carry many heavy stuffs
Best salary and also like very much my cashier work. And good guideness. Best high bonuses. Very professional and good challenges in the work.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Good benefits, great team members, excellent company. I enjoy working here and am currently looking for new challendges
Pros
good bonus and increments
Cons
shift basis
Part-time retail assistant in Non-Food department which mostly work in weekend, the objective is to enhance my social experience and also to earn some pocket money.
I've learnt how to manage customer's wants & needs.
Even handle their complains over a product.

Communication among the Chief Cashiers is down with the staffs too.

Co-Workers are friendly and always make my day.

And the most enjoyable part of the job is to see my customers smile/laugh with the service provided.
Pros
You'll get staff rebates every year if you sign u for Union Plus Card Member.
Cons
Low salary.
The typical day at work start with quality checking all the goods displayed in the store and remove any goods which has gone bad or look bad. Then replenish the goods if those displayed is depleting very quickly. Soon we will get ready for the arrival of the stocks. And this is where team work will happen, my co-workers and I will move the stocks together because they are really heavy and we will be assigned to replenish different goods to speed things up.

Basically, team work is key and also being able to attend to customers' queries. Some times, customers would not be able to find certain products and they will ask any staff they see. So even though the product is not under your section, you need to be able to know where exactly it is placed to help customer. Thus, I also learn that we should be fully aware of our working environment.

The hardest part of this job is definitely unloading the goods, because each box of apples are of multiple kgs and we do not have proper equipment which can help unload the goods easier. And hence, most of the time, we might end up hurting ourselves,

Most enjoyable part of the job is being to work with a group of people who are passionate of their job and is willing to take care of you and teach you their great wealth of knowledge.
Pros
Good Staff benefits.
Cons
Excess Work Load.
- Enjoying work and continuous learning on my daily duties.
- I have improved further my skills in training and multi tasking.

- Management has been very fair with their employees regardless

of their race and religion.

- My colleagues are supportive and have respect with one

another.

- Language barrier is my greatest challenge since I dont know how

speak mandarin.

- I always feel very happy seeing my staff climbing up the corporate

ladder
Pros
Able to travel as one of the benefits
Cons
Long hours as needed