NTUC Fairprice

NTUC Fairprice Employee Reviews

Singapore91 reviews
a good place to work. Sometime difficult to handle stock during CNY/ Christmas, because a lot of incoming stock/ promotions. good benefits for workers in term of training.
Pros
birthday celebration for individual staff
Cons
no fix hours breaks for staff
Friendly place...Can enjoy Work there enjoy working there... Friendly place to work college al.ate friendly and help ful...If we face any problem the manager and leader Al help to settle the problems
Pros
No food provide
Cons
Short hours
Some of senior staff not interested with new stuff.and not willing to guide.but management staff and manager are good. I can't work with people who are not friendly.that the reason i resigned
Pros
Can learn a lot.
Cons
Short hours
Usually work alone but I made friends along the way. I topped up dairy products like milk, cheese and yogurt etc.
The pay is OK but sometimes, it is too tiring as you need to keep on topping up thing.
Pros
Air-conditioned
Cons
Heavy products
This job provided me an opportunity to see the innerworkings of how a supermarket is run, from preparing the supermarket for opening to its customers to shutting down the supermarket for the night while prepping it for the next day
I work at one of the branches. I would say that all of the people there are friendly. However, there was some miscommunication and misunderstandings, that should not have happened in the first place, due to payroll, but this is also solely because of the agency I went to. Overall, I learnt a lot but I would not commit for that long.
Pros
Friendly people working
Cons
Well the organization is big everybody is busy including the CEO who is also an MP for Serangoon.We talk less

Long day 10-12 hrs

Friendly

Waiting

expose to many intereting place such as Parliament House
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Early start
A typical day at work included serving customers at the checkout counter and managing the money in your own cash drawer. What I learned from the job were customer service skills which included how to manage customer queries and difficult customers. Head cashiers in charge of me are great people who made me feel welcomed and valuable. The hardest part of the job was the long hours and it was physically demanding to stand for long periods of time. Most enjoyable part of the job was definitely interacting with the older and experienced co-workers who were all friendly and patient in guiding me to do my job well.
Pros
Friendly work enviroment
Cons
Long Hours
Working level culture is cordial and friendly. Politicking happens a lot at the senior management level, which leads to road-blocks and slows down progress/innovation.

Senior management is unable to align vision and expectations in order to drive the company forward as a team. Recent talent acquisition seems to have been overly focused on personnel from the banking and management consultancy sector, which leaves the organisation top-heavy and short-staffed to carry out the actual work.
Pros
Grocery rebates
Cons
Indecisive senior management, red tape
FairPrice is a very well managed and established organization in Singapore.
Being the largest local grown retail company, it has gained acceptance in the society, frequently holding social events to benefit the community, working hand in hand with government and non profit organizations. It has also several sponsorship programs to help the needy.

Staff welfare benefits are also very well received, including flexi work hours, medical and dental coverage etc.

All in all, FairPrice is one of the best local organizations to work with.
- A typical day at work would be monitoring projects and/or meeting project managers to understand projects.
- workplace Culture is more like family

- The hardest part of the job is convincing project managers to do documentation.

- The most enjoyable part of the job is speaking to people from all works of life in the profession.
Jobs aren't just a paycheck, and, given the amount of time spent working, it's important for me to make sure there's a good fit. This company has good culture and I learned a lot.
因为公司要cut OT,明明需要留的人 却又不被批准,那些每天走来走去的人 却被留下OT。完全无法理解。做工的人 付出那么多的人都不被看到。厉害说话那些 就成为老板的心腹。早上8 到晚上9 ,paylist 出来时 却不一样的薪水,老板就说 我没有叫你留下。
缺人缺的要死,却说我们部门人太多,名在我们部门下 人却不是。做得身累心也累。

东西不难做, 可是顾客多,补货 安排货足够 可是人手不足,空了又被拍照说我们让它空。

一双手 十个人的工,而且全是 aunty uncle,我也不懂该说什么了。
Pros
工作不难
Cons
人手 ,OT, manager
Cashier, collecting money and packing

Help out in the training new Cashier on the Job

Management was good.

Had good relation with colleagues supervisor
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
o Trained new cashiers on procedures, customer service and sales techniques.
o Created attractive displays to promote items.

o Responded to customer requests and directed to merchandise.
a typical day is always busy
cashiering and handle customer

no comment for management

good learning place would send for training

long standing hour

fun part is team player
Good worklife balance
Company going through transition from traditional retail to digitization.

Trying to create an omni channel experience.

Hardest part of the job is about staff management
everyday we doing multitasking that everything we need to know how do cashiering, topping up of items cut fish frozen and etc always overtime must do finish the work before going back
Pros
fun working
Handle cash

Acknowledge

Hardworking

Always help

Promote sales

Give helping hands for pioneers

Have passion for others
The work is straight forward and simple to handle.
However, the remuneration is very low, and the working hour is long.

We are required to work on most public holidays, without any double compensation.

Most of the staff are cooperative, except for a few.

Nothing is too difficult, except for some people who gets impatient, when there is a sudden influx of customers in the queue for delivery services.

Nothing is too difficult, except for some unreasonable or difficult customers' who loves to complaint; even for some minor issues, or when they could not get a replacement or refunds.

These customers' requires our tactfulness, and soft skill to handle.

At all times, do not offend them, even though, they may be nasty.

Just avoid any argument, and quickly get a fellow colleague to assist you in handling the customer, so as to appease him/her.

However, giving the best services to the customers is the most enjoyable; always serves with a smile, showing that you care.
Cons
The management works hand in hand with employee of the company to ensure that employee has the benefit and company has meet with the profit benefit. More involvement of employee in CSR and other programe
Pros
better staff benefit
Cons
short breaks