NTUC Fairprice

NTUC Fairprice Employee Reviews

a good place to work. Sometime difficult to handle stock during CNY/ Christmas, because a lot of incoming stock/ promotions. good benefits for workers in term of training.
Pros
birthday celebration for individual staff
Cons
no fix hours breaks for staff
The work is straight forward and simple to handle. However, the remuneration is very low, and the working hour is long. We are required to work on most public holidays, without any double compensation. Most of the staff are cooperative, except for a few. Nothing is too difficult, except for some people who gets impatient, when there is a sudden influx of customers in the queue for delivery services. Nothing is too difficult, except for some unreasonable or difficult customers' who loves to complaint; even for some minor issues, or when they could not get a replacement or refunds. These customers' requires our tactfulness, and soft skill to handle. At all times, do not offend them, even though, they may be nasty. Just avoid any argument, and quickly get a fellow colleague to assist you in handling the customer, so as to appease him/her. However, giving the best services to the customers is the most enjoyable; always serves with a smile, showing that you care.
Cons
The management works hand in hand with employee of the company to ensure that employee has the benefit and company has meet with the profit benefit. More involvement of employee in CSR and other programe
Pros
better staff benefit
Cons
short breaks
learn how to restocking stock and how to maintain good personal hygiene and was able to get along with some good colleage and had a good experince in working there
Pros
good hour for lunch or dinner
Cons
I get to interact with walk-in consumers all the time. I learnt to serve them with a smile no matter how difficult they are to deal with. I learnt to compose myself with a gentle voice and humble attitude even if they are in the wrong, and serve them. The typical day at work as a retailer and a cashier was to make every customer who walk into the store and leave with the impression that they are important to us, so that they will come back to shop with us again. This was my first job, and out on the field with customers, i get to learn how to serve them, talk to them, suggest and help them with their choices, make them feel special to us, to the store/company.
Pros
Low stress enviroment
Cons
long working hours
shift working. learn how to use the credit card, point card. good management and about the culture is good. hardest part is long queue when make a payment and is also enjoyable part.
Pros
some times get free gift
Cons
8 hours
a good learning experience. Was often moved to different departments so had to learn from scratch within a limited time which helped improve my adaptability
Typically a day at work involves bringing out merchandise and display them. Sometimes there is delivery and I have to check the DO. Occasionally I have to do housekeeping. There are other duties too like wrapping the magazines.
Pros
pleasant environment
Learn something new everyday, peak hours only in afternoon, good company culture. Everyone is fun to work with. Great job benefits and jobs are easy.
Pros
Fun company culture
Cons
First thing is to thank God and love your work. ived learned to interact with people, follow managements rules be part of the company as a family and enjoy every single and moments the work.
Pros
free meals
Cons
shortbreaks
I was personally comfortable working here. Seniors and supervisors were helpful and guided me. It was overall a pleasant working environment and i was able to learn new skills. The job became tiring when there were overwhelming customers due to promotions or holidays, but it was manageable as most customers were understanding and patient. the seniors also taught me ways to work faster without getting annoyed or angry.
Pros
short working hours
Cons
long queues were stressful at times
Clean the area of replenishing. First in first out the stock before replinish. I Learned how to handle staff and customers also ordering and recieving of stocks. Hardest part when I forget to order the stocks. Most enjoyable is to served the customers what they need.
I worked just below my blook. Was a part timer there. I packed food and do cashering. The pay was to low and i wanted to study. So i had to keace NTUC.
go find other job like usher or some event better pay and more enjoyable.Here your carry heavy stuff and some time you may injured yourself so join if you wanna work out and get paid at the same time.You will need to have a flexible mind if not you might be hard on you.Also some team leader will be more biased base on if you are ite or o-level same goes to the senior.So ya working is never a good thing but no choice need money. Some senior although they are fierce but they still guild you well just that you have to get use to their "gangster" attitude. Others you might get back stab, control around and sometime split vulgar by the old seniors there in hokkien usually which i understand. Team leader is OK (OK as in normal attitude arrogant and strict) but just that he carry customer ball too much during selling orange until they climb over his head.Unlike some other company i worked they have the right to ignored customer if they gone too much.
Pros
other than what i said no pros
Cons
control about, harder work, lesser pay then other company
Loved to work as a cashier as I got a lot experience in this line..not only work with NTUC but used to work with 711 for more then 10years n giant for 2 years..not been working since last 2 years...coz my kids are still young n need more attention....now my kids are big enough to look after the themself..
Overall good experience. Fun but can be tiring at times. Especially during festive period such as Chinese New Year. Teach you the skills to handle responsibility and upset customers
Refreshing at the end of work Team work is actually group of people Lenient who understand our weakness Coordinate to interact with people to share the same view Fun in work
Team work and good communication is most important during work. Good benefit. The management is more care employee. I can free warm and happy. Job training provided. I can improve and keep daily up.
Pros
job training and good team work
Cons
Cultured people and good environment for learning. Juggling work and social life was the hardest part of the job. Enjoyed working with colleagues from different departments.
Pros
Good teamwork
Cons
Long working hours
Work scoped set up ice bed display for seafood,pricing tag,serving customer, cut fish,displayed of packed seafood and help out other displayed or replenish of other fruits,vegetables and others
You get to work with friendly people and you get to learn the basics of customers service even though sometimes customers can be tough at times, but nothing that can be settled.
Pros
Fun working Environment
  1. Employee Reviews