NTUC Fairprice

NTUC Fairprice Employee Reviews

a good place to work. Sometime difficult to handle stock during CNY/ Christmas, because a lot of incoming stock/ promotions. good benefits for workers in term of training.
Pros
birthday celebration for individual staff
Cons
no fix hours breaks for staff
Working in NTUC Fairprice is fun. You get to interact with a lot of people, that includes fellow colleagues and different types of customers. Aside from that, management is real good too. It's like working with your family.
Pros
Near my place of residence and perfect time for me too.
I was attached in this company for six months as an intern and i certainly enjoyed my experience there as i managed to be apart of every of their departments from being a cashier, to storekeeping and stock counting. I was also given the opportunity to become a team leader and experience what was it like to supervise and manage a team. Overall, it was a worthwhile experience.
Pros
Friendly staffs
good company to work with. perfect work life balance. part time as per availability and salary was descent. lots of perks for employees. overall it was a learning opportunity.
Pros
discounts for employees
Cons
early start
A typical day at NTUC as a Designer is comprised of designing and generating working drawings for approved new upcoming supermarket. We will have department meeting for an overview of the ongoing projects, to give ideas on how to improve working capacities, to problem solves issues like on the administrative side as well as problematic technical matters.. Designer will also conduct project meeting with the internal and external parties for sharing of important information. During the ongoing project, Designer has to monitored and coordinated the work on site for smooth flowing. The management will keep in touch with all the other departments involve to have a meet up once a week and the Head of Department will address some important issues or for employee bonding session. Its a very accommodating and conducive working place for anyone who wants to strike a balance of work and life practice.
Pros
Work challenges, good benefits.
I was assigned as retail assistant to earn my monthly allowance to support myself during my schooling days My jobs mainly replenish goods and assist the customer.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
pay rate it too low
Im Rafy , Im 21 yeasr old..i have a lot of experience but retail is my best part. I can work if people guide me. I'm realy need to work..for support my family And i work be positif..
Over the years, I learned to better multitask and organise my work. Our typical day at work includes forwarding and replenishing of goods before waiting for new stocks to arrive. on certain days, i will have to do ordering of stocks to be arrived for the next day. During my spare time, i will do the checking of expiry of goods. Fortunately for us, our outlet branch manager is okay. Hence, there is not much issues with the management here. The working culture here emphasises on working together as a team and always helping one another. The hardest part of this job is attending to difficult customers. however, that being said, i still find the joy while doing my job as i get to interact to customers and having small conversations with them. The best part of all is seeing those smiles and 'thank you' when i go the extra mile attending to customers needs. :)
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
low pay
Fun to work with the aunties at Khatib Fairprice. They are welcoming, Friendly and easy to work with. Welfare and safety are always the priority whilst working there.
Pros
timely breaks
Cons
standing long hours
As a part time cashier, there's nothing more to it. Just repetitive scanning of items, asking customers for their membership card etc. It would be difficult to be a full-timer due to long standing hours.
I have learnt hw to put the product at shelves I have learnt how to check expire date I know hw to check the items Be confident
Pros
Groceries
Cons
Long hour
Working at my part time job at NTUC as a cashier is still alright. The working hours is by shift, which is good. The management is very friendly at the outlet I worked at. The hardest part of the job, probably would be to handle the long queue of customer flow. We need to be quick and precise at times. Settling customers doubt on products etc. But it is still a good job, which gets me permanent salary flow as i only able to commit weekends during schooling days.
Pros
Flexible working shift hourss
Cons
Carry many heavy stuffs
-Its something new -Good experience -Get to know new people -The team was helpful and friendly -Got to learn how to handle situation with different people.
Best salary and also like very much my cashier work. And good guideness. Best high bonuses. Very professional and good challenges in the work.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
The whole experience was enriching and challenging . Though it was new and demanding at first , the senior workers assisted me and made me more comfortable and as time pass I became more ok with all the work load passed to me .
Pros
more convenient to purchase food produces
interesting and fun job . i got a chance to feel what its like in a grocery store . its all hardwork . i learnt that i should be thankful for what i have.
Pros
fun
Cons
pay
I pretty enjoy working there as colleagues there are all friendly not even so I have a friendly boss who do not give up on me when i was about to fall. Till then I finally finished my 2 months there as a temporary staffs!
Pros
830Am - 6pm
Cons
830Am - 6pm
when you handle difficult/ fussy customers, you have to identified their feeling either unhappy or sad shopping experieced management very understanding the problems facing by all cashiers at the counter. Co-workers all are supportive and team work Hardest part are when get scolded by customers because of promotion items/ wrong price or customers get rotten fruits/ spoil items The most enjoyable part is when you get friendly/good customer
Pros
Annual Dinner and Dance
Cons
short breaks, working hour till midnight
I learn a lot of thing at this working place like SAP system , Ordering , stock control. I am happy I got at good teacher(manager & team leader) to teach me . But at this working place no enough staff to operate
A typical day would be quiet during day and crowded during night especially weekends and public holiday Learned a lot of stuff but mostly about retail Stock ordering is the hardest sometime it sell fast because there is an offer sometime it just stuck in your backstore seeing those stock being sold i feel some sense of achievement Co worker are friendly mostly older than me able to talk about stuff that i have no idea some in the past some in other industry and some slice of life For hardest part of the work before i promoted to retail supervisor i thought that it was ordering but after i was promoted i found out that coordinating and arrange stock is the hardest such as every thursday advertise special and weekly fair/offer/mustbuy/purchase with purchase and sometime new stock that have been launched we have to arrange into normal shelf without breaking the previous arrangement grouping The enjoyable part of the job would be seeing customer able to get what they want to buy and happily head off to the counter for example few occasion when customer asked me location of the items they want and i was able to show it to them and they thanked me and head off to the counter some even came from faraway just to get the stuff of course nice versa if after i showed customer the product location and its out of stock i would feel a bit remorse especially if i was in charge of the lane that the product was.
Pros
Good Benefit, Claimable OT, Friendly co-worker
Cons
Good benefits, great team members, excellent company. I enjoy working here and am currently looking for new challendges
Pros
good bonus and increments
Cons
shift basis
  1. Employee Reviews