NTUC Fairprice

NTUC Fairprice Employee Reviews

a good place to work. Sometime difficult to handle stock during CNY/ Christmas, because a lot of incoming stock/ promotions. good benefits for workers in term of training.
Pros
birthday celebration for individual staff
Cons
no fix hours breaks for staff
Part-time retail assistant in Non-Food department which mostly work in weekend, the objective is to enhance my social experience and also to earn some pocket money.
I learn how to handle customer and now in savills I learn how to manage residence enquiry. in this MA line I seen many type of people and their view on each of them.
I learnt to be more detailed and attentive to the demands of the customers. The management was easy to talk to, easy to relate to and I can go to the supervisors anytime I feel uncomfortable. I also learnt to be patient and understanding, the co-workers are easy to get along with and the camaraderie between co-workers, supervisors and managers.
Cons
Overly demanding customers.
I've learnt how to manage customer's wants & needs. Even handle their complains over a product. Communication among the Chief Cashiers is down with the staffs too. Co-Workers are friendly and always make my day. And the most enjoyable part of the job is to see my customers smile/laugh with the service provided.
Pros
You'll get staff rebates every year if you sign u for Union Plus Card Member.
Cons
Low salary.
The typical day at work start with quality checking all the goods displayed in the store and remove any goods which has gone bad or look bad. Then replenish the goods if those displayed is depleting very quickly. Soon we will get ready for the arrival of the stocks. And this is where team work will happen, my co-workers and I will move the stocks together because they are really heavy and we will be assigned to replenish different goods to speed things up. Basically, team work is key and also being able to attend to customers' queries. Some times, customers would not be able to find certain products and they will ask any staff they see. So even though the product is not under your section, you need to be able to know where exactly it is placed to help customer. Thus, I also learn that we should be fully aware of our working environment. The hardest part of this job is definitely unloading the goods, because each box of apples are of multiple kgs and we do not have proper equipment which can help unload the goods easier. And hence, most of the time, we might end up hurting ourselves, Most enjoyable part of the job is being to work with a group of people who are passionate of their job and is willing to take care of you and teach you their great wealth of knowledge.
Pros
Good Staff benefits.
Cons
Excess Work Load.
The management structure has too many layers. Meaning that if anything needs to be done, then there is many layer of approval that need to be gotten before the project can move forward. Work life balance is not that great as many times, work was required to be done on off days and also outside working hours. The good thing is that in my role, I can identify areas that need improvements and recommend corrective actions in the form of training programs that can be conducted. Though not all the programs are approved, I can work around them to arrive at alternative solutions.
Pros
Able to work with management team to recommend solutions in the form of training programs
Cons
Poor work life balance
- Enjoying work and continuous learning on my daily duties. - I have improved further my skills in training and multi tasking. - Management has been very fair with their employees regardless of their race and religion. - My colleagues are supportive and have respect with one another. - Language barrier is my greatest challenge since I dont know how speak mandarin. - I always feel very happy seeing my staff climbing up the corporate ladder
Pros
Able to travel as one of the benefits
Cons
Long hours as needed
i have been worked in fair price ( singapore ) as a cashier...so i got a lot of experience about central cash and big amount of money, exchange voucher, gift voucher, refund voucher, cash machine , and how to use credit machine , offline machine , how to sell to the mobile card....
Pros
accomodation, transportation, one time of food, insurance, 2 way air ticket if we complete of 2 years, commision, points, others allowance
Cons
8hours
Life is short and just worked in a place full of happiness will do.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Work Life Balance
For a typical day of work, I will be preparing quotations for major customers or coordinating with warehouse representatives or purchasers for bulk discounts.From time to time I also handle escalated customer issues. Minimal co-workers with friendly deposition, politics is terrible in the company. Hardest part of my job will be managing difficult customers. Most enjoyable part of the job is that is it ever-challenging and fast pace. There is rarely a moment for resting.
Pros
Excellent Leave Package, Annual Executive Travel
Cons
Low Pay
everybody in NTUC Fairprice are very friendly, fun to work with because they are aunties that are very energetic and very concern towards each other.
A typical day at work is very challenging,everyday is considered as a new day where surprises arise and you need to adopt everything that is happening from customer compliments to their complaints and questions.I learned to supervise and manage a store being manned by staff of different nationality.Varying in culture,beliefs and attitudes even ages.The management is supportive in providing training and educating its staff in order to upgrade in terms of efficiency towards work and have a positive mind set.My co-workers and I practices teamwork for us to attain our common goal for the store and as often as needed, we practice professionalism and respect regardless of races.The hardest part of my job is when you need to cope up with the manpower shortages and you need to help all the staff on their day to day activity.When you need to reach out beyond your duty in order to make things done as needed and when it is needed.The most enjoyable part of my job is the learning that this kind of work has brought me that made me improve as an employee,leader and as a person.
Pros
bonus and allowances