NTUC First Campus Co-operative Ltd

NTUC First Campus Co-operative Ltd Employee Reviews

Singapore23 reviews
l manage to learner alot of things in the company between a short period of time. Where some of the things i never came across before.Thanks to the company for giving me this opportunity.
Recommended job for people who loves working in helping children improve further. This includes working closely with parents and preparing materials to promote parent-teacher partnership. Time management is critical as teachers are also expected to prepare materials, paperwork and work with children within the given time.
overall a good experience although I felt it was a little hectic.
felt that the colleagues were purposely making me do more work than I was required to do.
They have in house training.
Staff retreat every april.

Leave 14 days.

Our company is stable they have more 2 thousand staff and 100 centres in Singapore. Always get to know more people.
Love the working environment. Friendly and helpful teachers as well the principal. Looking forward to work there again as a permanant part time infant care teacher, 10am to 3pm timing.
Pros
1) All are well organize, updated curicullum, classrooms well updated learning corners, parental involvement, bonding between parents, child and teachers, teachers attending courses and skills.
Cons
Too fast pace for my age I guess. Using IT and abit slow for mr to catch up with younger teachers.
The staffs are friendly, we are a lot at the centre but when we walk across each other we always make sure that we greet and give a smile to one another. We are composed of multicultural centre but we get a long well during gatherings and celebrations.
Pros
Paid overtime
It was a very enriching experience and definitely honed my interpersonal and communication skills, alongside values such as patient, endurance and love towards the children.
Working after work is norm due to many admin work on top of children routine and lessons.
I learnt to multitask.

The management gets back quite slow.

What I enjoy the most? The endless joy, hugs and kisses with my children. I learnt a lot from them.
Pros
Medical benefits. Children to play with.
Cons
Long Hours, underpaid
A good place for new teachers to gain experience. Good locations, however, due to the shortage of manpower, staffs have to go back to work even when sick. the hardest part of the job was no standard of operation. All depends on the principal/ ST mood and likings. Will not get appreciated for covering OTs or going extra miles to prepare celebrations and event for children.
The most enjoyable part of my journey was my colleagues, we worked hand in hand and had the most fun time together. the parents are really nice and appreciative!
Pros
good benefits and pay
Cons
No manpower for you to go on courses or MC or leave
*Most enjoyable part of the job is handling Nursery and Playgroup children
*Manages activities conducted in this school including arts and crafts, excursions, sports drama, games, music and special event programs.

*Keeps detailed classroom record and submits related reports according to the stipulated time allocated.

*Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the

public, community groups, staff and parents.
Pros
workplace culture
childcare jobs has been the most fun job as it requires me to be part of the children. Their learning and improvement they make as a child. as a teacher it makes me very happy.
Pros
good colleagues
Cons
working on a saturday
Very good staff benefits
Great training opportunities

Motivational and Inspiring team/management

Many team-building/bonding sessions

Training grants
Normal Daily Routine at work. Good Colleagues. Good Benefits and Culture. Chances of promoting. Management receptive on employees feedback, Family like work environment.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Na
Good leadership, and help generously given. Office culture is kind and conducive but salary progression is slow (less than 100 a year) and there seems to be little opportunity for promotion.
Pros
Management, Culture, Work load
Cons
remuneration
A lot of task to learn. good career progression. Working hours are long and a lot of paperwork. Poor work life balance. big team to work with. a lot of staff benefits.
Pros
free lunch and many benefits
Cons
long hours and many paperwork
- Typically either in the office at HQ, or at one of the Childcare Centres under my care, from morning and may end the day at another centre or back at HQ, depending on my schedule of work;

- To plan proper training programmes and assessment of centres on their readiness for SPARKs Accreditation.;

- Multicultural workplace with cooperative culture of exchange of knowledge and ideas;

- Many reports to prepare for the assessments and training;

- Going to the centres to support the principals and teachers on the set curriculum and conducting observations;
Pros
In-house training, weekly meetings and celebrations;
Cons
Salary Ceiling.
Management in HR department is note helpful to senior in age staff, very discouraging from HR department, and one of the Senior Finance Manager enjoy play politic that non of them can work with him, who ever under him sure quite the organization.
Pros
Nice enviroment
Cons
Very discourging for senior in age staff
I start work at 9.30am and ends at 7pm. I've learnt a lot of administrative works such as filling. The culture in the centre is very organised. All things to be filled, need to have labels. The hardest part of the job is to get the staffs all to work in a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to work with children everyday and they will make you smile.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
nil
The colleagues are very helpful and able to provide assistance although I was being offered a Contract Position.

I had learn a lot of HR related experience with my HR Manager and Senior Executive in the workplace.
Pros
I was offered Contract Position
Cons
Excellent working place
Routine care and conducting lessons with children.
Challenging environment with typically high teacher to child ratio.

Principal and colleagues provide help when necessary, and meetings are regularly conducted.
overall good. no comments. benefits medical all covered. staff benifical. what more can i say
.wanna know more, do join in their organisation and you will find out
benefits