NTUC First Campus Co-operative Ltd

NTUC First Campus Co-operative Ltd Employee Reviews for English Teacher

English Teacher9 reviews
Singapore9 reviews

Too much paperwork

Teachers are burdened with a lot of paperwork to bring back over the weekends. Curriculum keeps changing, causing confusion amongst teachers. Salary doesn't commensurate with the workload.

Great company

Colleagues are great and supports one another. The team works well together, it was a challenging and tough time with covid but everything went well as time goes by. Amazing company but the educators are overworked and there are too much paperwork both in Skoolready and Educare side.

Recommended for passionate ones

Recommended job for people who loves working in helping children improve further. This includes working closely with parents and preparing materials to promote parent-teacher partnership. Time management is critical as teachers are also expected to prepare materials, paperwork and work with children within the given time.

Experience of work culture depends on centre

Working after work is norm due to many admin work on top of children routine and lessons. I learnt to multitask. The management gets back quite slow. What I enjoy the most? The endless joy, hugs and kisses with my children. I learnt a lot from them.

Pros

Medical benefits. Children to play with.

Cons

Long Hours, underpaid

Fun wkplace

childcare jobs has been the most fun job as it requires me to be part of the children. Their learning and improvement they make as a child. as a teacher it makes me very happy.

Pros

good colleagues

Cons

working on a saturday

good career progression

A lot of task to learn. good career progression. Working hours are long and a lot of paperwork. Poor work life balance. big team to work with. a lot of staff benefits.

Pros

free lunch and many benefits

Cons

long hours and many paperwork

Challenging workplace

Routine care and conducting lessons with children. Challenging environment with typically high teacher to child ratio. Principal and colleagues provide help when necessary, and meetings are regularly conducted.

Fun workplace, people are very nice, approachable and easy to work with.

its a routinely type of work. The management is good, because my Principal and co-worker are very approachable, organize and has a teamwork.

Pros

trainigs, re-treat

A fun workplace for those who are young at heart

A typical day in a childcare centre requires alot of patience, especially with the young children. You will need to be alert and sharp at all times. However, looking after and teaching children are only half of the job's responsibility. Building good rapport with the family members and paperworks play a big part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the would be the enjoyment you see on the childrens' faces, for example, their laughters, their hugs and smiles.

Pros

Able to express our inner creativity.

Cons

Long hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NTUC First Campus Co-operative Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare NTUC First Campus Co-operative Ltd with

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?