Nurture Education Group

Nurture Education Group Employee Reviews

Singapore5 reviews

2.2Salary & Benefits

Good relationship with staffs

Morning is the most chaotic part of the day for a preschool teacher. You may have a bit of prep time,but almost immediately after arriving at work. you're likely to be greeting children and trying to welcome them to school in a way that makes them excited to be there and OK with the impending departure of their mom and dad. At times, I have parents who would ask me questions and queries on either their children or the school.

It's a fun & great place to work cos you can see lots of beautiful n cute children all day cos I love children :)

Learn lots of things as a PA, which i didn't had in my previous companies. Fast-pace n stressful job but when you see all the kids all the problems n worries just disappear in thin air. Hardest part of the job is taking minute n doing presentation in the meeting. The most enjoyable part of the job is updating Data and run reports every end of the month. I really enjoy updating Data and run reports and with high accuracy.

unhygiene kitchen

i noticed that one of their branches kitchen hygiene was in terrible state. mop was washed in the kitchen basin, tea break drinks were left in open for hours. cooking non halal food in the kitchen.

Pros

non

Cons

non

Don’t join! Hire And fire attitude

Join previously as their teacher, they expect Teachers to bring in and retain students. And will grill you if student numbers drop. Basically a very “business minded” company. Hire And fire attitude. Management sucks, and I mean the top management. They “use” you thoroughly and fire you when they can find a cheaper alternative. Throughout my time there I’ve seen at least 10 over people come and go. That’s why they are always hiring. No bonus no benefits, if you want you have to fight for it, not given. I remember when they have this peers appraisal/ senior management appraisal system to appraise you before you get your 13th month. Humiliating experience, basically make you beg and justify yourself why you should get 13th month, when asked, their response is “ it’s not a given you will get 13th month”. And they find all sorts of excuses like “oh your student numbers drop”—- but hello? They are international school students, they will LEAVE once it’s the right age / if theirs parents relocate due to work. It’s not my problem right? Don’t wanna give don’t find silly excuses just not to give 13th month. And the 13th month need to be divided into 2 to be dispersed, both need appraisal. Once in July another in Jan. Feel like a beggar already? A very family run business by siblings with investors so good luck if you love to be micro managed with zero support and no career progression, because remember, as their famously motto—- NO ONE IS INDISPENSABLE. Non of anyone I know is still in The Kiddiwinkie schoolhouse / Little footprints. All the Teachers that worked with me -

Pros

Free lunches which is a norm in preschools

Cons

Don’t waste your time, hire and fire mentality, only the few that the TOP management like can stay in the game, principals and cluster principle all one kind, unless you can bootlick them well and work under the watchful eyes of “fellow senior Teachers”, join if you enjoy office politics

Considerate Management

I have been a foreigner teacher in this company and it was quite promising for us that we get good salary and a 3 month bonus granted we perform well. However, It was difficult. I have my own class and as a form teacher aside from which I was given a schedule to stand in as infant care teacher in the evening. Routine care was part of the job, though it was tiring, we have free lunches that can be helpful for any teacher doing this kind of tiring job. Our system of claiming reimbursements and leaves were quite good and colleagues take turns when doing so. I guess since I had good rapport with my colleagues and they know me they gave me a good experience. They know I have to fly back to my country when I am taking a leave so they give me a chance to be with my family. The management was good too let me have those leaves as well.

Pros

free lunch, good system of taking leaves

Cons

no fixed bonus nor 13th month pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nurture Education Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Nurture Education Group with