OCBC Bank

OCBC Bank Employee Reviews

Singapore163 reviews
Good
It is a good workplace. As OCBC is one of the top bank, OCBC is using many different technologies. It is a very good place to learn many tools and technologies due to vast infrastructure.
People oriented
A people oriented organization, with a good focus of work and life balance.
Fun & family-oriented culture
The culture at OCBC is family oriented, with much emphasis placed on work-life balance. The superiors are also knowledgeable & ready to handle any issues at work.
Overall good experience
I met OCBC as a client through an agency. The work experience in OCBC bank itself helped me get used to the industry. As a client, their requests were valid and meetings were done quickly.
Na
Good advocacy of work life balance at work with minimal ot hours. Good employee benefits and guidelines are clear and easy to understand. Family centric work environment.
Good working environment
Nice colleagues and nice boss.
Competitive environment and stressful to hit targets but relatively manageable .

Recurring customers so your database will only get bigger
Review summary
This job requires shift work which include weekends. Often have to do over time and long working hours. The company will often provide training before you start work.
Work Life Balance :(
WLB is a myth. May be depend upon the team in which you are.
Learning is always there and job is secured but no salary standardization to the long serving loyal employees.
Ok workplace
I was undergoing training for the first 3 months and was eventually let go due to failing role-play test which was considered critical as my role as a financial advisor.
Vibrant Workplace
Colleagues and managers are very helpful but like all local banks, the workload is high and depending on the department you are in, having a good work-life balance is not going to be very likely.
My internship at OCBC was a fruitful journey
I interned at ocbc for 3 months. The colleagues there were friendly and willing to teach. My department helped in consumer lending where i learnt to calculate TDSR
Productive and fun workplace
Great colleagues
Well structured

Opportunities for learning

Internal movement

Professional and work focus

Based on metrics and statistics

Profit making company
Strict bank
Habit of performing reference checks after hire. The bank is also authorised to switch your department as per business requirement without having to inform candidate.
Ocbc telesales
Working as a telesales person through phone calls makes you earn commission aside from your basic. The more hardwork you put in, the more you earn. Have to reach the target sales monthly. Downside is that you work under contract and you get no benefits from the company.
Pros
Commissions
Cons
No company benefits
Waste your time working there
Among so many bank the basic salary is the lowest whereas the working hrs r the longest among all the banks so no pt wasting ur times there if u r reali reali looking for a stable, long n happy working environment...
Productive and fun
Good management, productive and fun. I learned to communicate effectively, interact with the professional culture. The bank is connected to overseas and regional partners.
Looking for other line of experience
Too long in banking.Wish to gain other experience and knowledge.Willing to learn and adapt with open mind set.Hoping to go into something more interesting.With my long experince perhaps I am looking for higher pay.
Fun workplace
I was able to assist and work well with my colleagues with my graphics and design capabilities. I was given opportunities to showcase my work and actually helped to facilitate important discussions with the help of my sketches and prototypes. The colleagues were very helpful and also helped ensure that my friends and I were able to assimilate into the workplace smoothly.
Fun work place but depends on your branch
Environment is good, bosses and colleagues are also good. Schedule can plot yourself if your officer is good. Unfortunately, health is not a priority when u are in frontline because they'll make you feel guilty for falling sick.
Pros
Good benefits good pay
Cons
Lots of cold war, politics
Great remuneration but unfair treatment
Staff’s benefit is very good. But I was experiencing unfair treatment from my manager. It is very demoralising especially we are dealing with high level of stress every day. No work life balance
productive and well versed
Everyday with a new sales territory to meet prospects and customers. As outside sales representative whereby face-to-face interactions with both potential and existing customers.

Responsible for offering the best possible customer experience as well as providing hands-on explanations of any

new or updated products such as credit card when necessary.

On top of sales,educating customers is also our prior role on how products or services can benefit them financially and professionally.

Maintain records of all sales leads and/or customer accounts after the field work