OCBC Bank

OCBC Bank Employee Reviews in Tampines

Tampines23 reviews
Stressful at work with colleagues that are helpful to help with your work at the same time demands you to get work done to their expectations and steep learning curve for those without experience.
I am just an intern but colleague and supervisor are really nice. They really support each other. Nice to work with them. But I don't have a lot of experiences to know each other well because the world is facing Covid 19 Pandemic and we have to work from home.
Too long in banking.Wish to gain other experience and knowledge.Willing to learn and adapt with open mind set.Hoping to go into something more interesting.With my long experince perhaps I am looking for higher pay.
Despite my efforts to like the bank, I left somewhat burnt out. I'll qualify first that the pay and bonuses were promising (though I didn't stay long enough to reap the latter), and job security is a given as long as you hit your targets.

The section I entered was filled with new hires who were given a system that suffered from an aging list of bugs and enhancement requests, with barely any handover. In addition, they lacked history with the system, and lacked guidance on how to perform basic maintenance tasks. Colleagues in other sections would try to help, but were limited due to their own workload and unfamiliarity with our system as well. The manager "parachuted" in was also bogged down with other systems of his own to oversee. I feel that the whole situation could have been managed much better.

Aside from high-level documents, documentation of persisting production issues was sparse and poor, and during my time at the bank, we resorted to taking down notes as we went along. Outsourced technical support came from an overseas team, also a fresh team who did also not know about the history of the system, compounding to our difficulties in reining the issues in.

To compensate, we would regularly work 11-hour days to fight the fires, with the overtime hours being ignored (the claims filed never got approved). During my time at the bank, it was clear that overtime was the norm, with even seasoned veterans (>20 years' experience) working beyond official working hours regularly. We were also expected to stay back to perform maintenance late at night if the system required
 - more...
Pros
Pay and Job Security.
Cons
Overtime, Mismanagement, Understaffed Department
Would really appreciate if they could give their employees chances or opportunities for them to grow. The hardest part of the job was to face different type of people in the management with the office politics.
The supervisors in the department are very patience and willing to teach. As a intern, I find it easy to communicate with my supervisors and learn a lot from them.
Pros
Good supervisors
Cons
Job is mundane
Everyone was very helpful, they were all willing to take time aside to teach me new things everyday. I was able to learnt more than my job scope at OCBC bank because of that.
Typical work day and work scope with some ot, slightly bureaucratic as with all other banks, progression may or may not be stagnant depending on department.
OCBC gave me many valuable lessons both skill required for the job and also the life lessons from my supervisor. working in OCBC while we hold our professionalism we also have fun in our day to day operation. This makes work so enjoyable.
I have done internship at this place and this people have a great innovation centre which thrives the young minds for new creative products and innovations.
Good Luck, if you get the bad managers say goodbye to your happy life. And most of them are bad, acting like a boss not a leader. They will stretch out the most out of you and blame you if you dont meet the deadline. You will die working here and they wont even appreciate it. Stay away.
Pros
Near mrt green and downtown line
Cons
Very very bad management
Have learnt different strategies and to implement methodologies which help to enhance my career growth and had a really fun learnful environment in ocbc
great environment. helpful collegues. workplace is at an eccessible area. near to interchange and mrt. near to mall for lunch . was doing telegraphic transfers for the bank. altho there are tight deadlines but everyone work as a team to be able to clear all list.
A typical day at work involves different activities, including, vendor management, problem solving, user management and many others.
It is a fast paced environment which includes long hours and constantly being on-call for service requireement
Cons
Long Hours.
My current role is to support the bonds custody function for premier clients in OCBC. While supporting the function, daily I will encounter queries posted by customers to our relationship managers, queries from product managers and some other internal clients. I like what I am doing now because I get to understand the needs of my internal clients and to provide guidance, and assistance when necessary.
The reason for my title is because i really enjoyed my stay there and looking forward to another bank that is this fun and hardworking !!!

The low pay was due to my internship over there
Pros
Good employer and friendly colleagues.
Cons
A little bit under paid.
With many supportive colleagues, I was able to learn more than I expected from my internship. Definitely applied knowledge from my Poly to the Bank unlike many other interns who could not do this.
Pros
Friendly colleagues
Cons
Stagnant job duties
OCBC Bank is a great place to work. Team is very ambitious, hardworking helpful.

I have learned a lot from leaders here. The skills that I have acquired will be helpful to grow in my career.

A healthy competitive environment and to achieve more as a team.

Timelines are hardest part.

People are friendly and dedicated.
My day at work includes tasks like data entry and income update. Basically what i did was to update customer income details whenever they change their jobs into the Silverlake system. Besides income update, I helped to key in customer's data into the bank system for record purposes. Even though the working hours are long, I still enjoyed my job as it was my ideal internship. The most enjoyable part is that I get to meet new people like temp staff and full timers. What I have learnt is good time management skills so that I can complete the given tasks on time. Initially when I first started, it was difficult as working was something totally new for me and I do not know anyone there. But over the weeks, I started to feel comfortable with working in an office environment. Therefore, I have benefited a lot from this internship.
This was my internship during polytechnic days. Was appointed into the Home Loans department where there is a number of contract staff as well as another intern who has been there for a long time. There isn't much for me to do except a data entry that is given once a week that I can do it within a day. Day to day business will be to print out certain cases of loans to write the case number and get one of the staff to sign them and pass to another department.
Basically there is nothing much for me to do there.

When this issue is raised to the heads, I was then given a "project" to do filling for the company. A shelf full of car loans hard copy and to arrange them in alphabetically order.

Over there may seems like a fast pace place where everyone seems busy, however everything I was assigned to do I have to do them slowly in order to keep myself occupied.
Pros
Friendly co-worker, no overtime required
Cons
Over manpower, lack of things to do
nice place to work
hands on experience for practical work

gain knowledhe abount the financial background.