OCBC Bank

OCBC Bank Employee Reviews for Intern

Intern13 reviews
Singapore13 reviews
I do not have many reviews as I was only an intern for 3 months.

I learnt about the concept of mortgages, hands-on, on creating new credit/debit cards using their new software systems. Understanding their internal control system, so as to safeguard clients' data, that employees may not use them for illegal activities...etc

As an intern, I do not have much responsibilities. And we were given very light duties. Hence privileges, like going home early, and reporting to work slightly later than the rest of the full-time employees, were granted for us.
Pros
Friend-like superiors
Cons
Least skills learnt
Among so many bank the basic salary is the lowest whereas the working hrs r the longest among all the banks so no pt wasting ur times there if u r reali reali looking for a stable, long n happy working environment...
good in Job Work, good Life Balance, good in Salary and Benefits, fair in Job Security/Advancement and fair management level and traditional job culture
Everyone was very helpful, they were all willing to take time aside to teach me new things everyday. I was able to learnt more than my job scope at OCBC bank because of that.
Working in the S&T Department during my internship period was relatively rough at first as there were a lot of practical work that I have to learn fast on top of the theory my colleagues taught me. I have learned various admin duties including; batching, indexing and scanning throughout my internship period. After getting a grip on one of the job duties, there is a rotation system in terms of our duties whereby all of us will be assigned to a specific job role in performing the task until its deemed complete. It was a bit difficult at first trying to rotate different job roles and sometimes cover another role in case there is a lack of manpower on that day, however, with constant guidance and good advice from my fellow colleagues in the same team, I'm able to adapt myself to this rotation system that the department adopted and work efficiently with minimal supervision. Being surrounded by colleagues that are very supportive towards each other and putting in their best effort have also more or less motivated me to work hard and I would certainly not forget that period where our team receives an award for constantly giving good result during the monthly quizzes in the department.
Pros
Flexible working time
Cons
Fast-paced
Internship period of 4 months which equip me with good microsoft excel skills and understand how a corporate team function. Colleagues were very friendly and guided me throughout my stay in OCBC
Pros
Fun
Cons
Nil
Good culture, work/life balance is reasonable. Bosses and everyone are very supportive of the work you do, with high standards. Lunches are flexible, work timing as well if you prove your worth.
I had a lot of fun working with the company, everyone was very friendly and helpful. My supervisor especially was involved with me and ensured to make sure I learned as much as possible every single day. He was very kind to sit with me and help me go through my reflections for each week. He really helped me a lot in my internship project as well. He was a really good mentor to me.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
With many supportive colleagues, I was able to learn more than I expected from my internship. Definitely applied knowledge from my Poly to the Bank unlike many other interns who could not do this.
Pros
Friendly colleagues
Cons
Stagnant job duties
My day at work includes tasks like data entry and income update. Basically what i did was to update customer income details whenever they change their jobs into the Silverlake system. Besides income update, I helped to key in customer's data into the bank system for record purposes. Even though the working hours are long, I still enjoyed my job as it was my ideal internship. The most enjoyable part is that I get to meet new people like temp staff and full timers. What I have learnt is good time management skills so that I can complete the given tasks on time. Initially when I first started, it was difficult as working was something totally new for me and I do not know anyone there. But over the weeks, I started to feel comfortable with working in an office environment. Therefore, I have benefited a lot from this internship.
I was an intern in OCBC, so most of my work required basic data inputting and organising the credit card applications. My co-workers from other departments were patient and kind in assisting me with any problems/difficulties i faced.
My co-workers were so helpful and understanding. I had a great chance to improve my soft-skills as well as technical skills.
I used to work to Communicate and schedule business meetings with foreign clients. Through this internship I developed strengths in work diligence, dedication, great customer relationship management skills and professionalism and understanding about the financial services industry knowledge.