OCBC Bank

OCBC Bank Employee Reviews

adaptability to job scope is fairly manageable productivity is being measured and monitored quite closely, especially during high volume peak periods
Pros
helpful colleagues
Cons
long working hours during peak
Great colleagues Well structured Opportunities for learning Internal movement Professional and work focus Based on metrics and statistics Profit making company
Habit of performing reference checks after hire. The bank is also authorised to switch your department as per business requirement without having to inform candidate.
Working as a telesales person through phone calls makes you earn commission aside from your basic. The more hardwork you put in, the more you earn. Have to reach the target sales monthly. Downside is that you work under contract and you get no benefits from the company.
Pros
Commissions
Cons
No company benefits
Among so many bank the basic salary is the lowest whereas the working hrs r the longest among all the banks so no pt wasting ur times there if u r reali reali looking for a stable, long n happy working environment...
Good management, productive and fun. I learned to communicate effectively, interact with the professional culture. The bank is connected to overseas and regional partners.
Too long in banking.Wish to gain other experience and knowledge.Willing to learn and adapt with open mind set.Hoping to go into something more interesting.With my long experince perhaps I am looking for higher pay.
I was able to assist and work well with my colleagues with my graphics and design capabilities. I was given opportunities to showcase my work and actually helped to facilitate important discussions with the help of my sketches and prototypes. The colleagues were very helpful and also helped ensure that my friends and I were able to assimilate into the workplace smoothly.
Environment is good, bosses and colleagues are also good. Schedule can plot yourself if your officer is good. Unfortunately, health is not a priority when u are in frontline because they'll make you feel guilty for falling sick.
Pros
Good benefits good pay
Cons
Lots of cold war, politics
Staff’s benefit is very good. But I was experiencing unfair treatment from my manager. It is very demoralising especially we are dealing with high level of stress every day. No work life balance
Everyday with a new sales territory to meet prospects and customers. As outside sales representative whereby face-to-face interactions with both potential and existing customers. Responsible for offering the best possible customer experience as well as providing hands-on explanations of any new or updated products such as credit card when necessary. On top of sales,educating customers is also our prior role on how products or services can benefit them financially and professionally. Maintain records of all sales leads and/or customer accounts after the field work
Great employee benefits. However management needs to set the direction clear for employees. Supportive team members. Able to learn independently and grow professional knowledge.
Over the years of working been accumulated, gained and achieved plenty of services and sales experiences. This job gives me plenty of opportunities and exposure to further improve myself here.
It took quite a while to get used to the work culture at OCBC Bank where it could be tricky to navigate at times. Overall, the internship did teach me valuable lessons.
A typical day is busy and exciting as you do not know how your day will be like. Management put a great emphasis on doing the right thing at 1 time, always empathize with customers and make customers walk out of the bank happy. Work place culture is an acquired taste :) Need time to get use and work along together. The hardest part of the job is customer always right even being ridiculous. The enjoyable part of the job is the payday time!
Pros
Good welfare benefits
Cons
must ask customers to rate your services as excellent
the company is supportive of training and empowering staff for development. Salary is good for new to workforce and many opportunity to internal job transfer.
Pros
training and development
Cons
long working hours
good in Job Work, good Life Balance, good in Salary and Benefits, fair in Job Security/Advancement and fair management level and traditional job culture
Great place to work but you have to be a little proactive. Time management is the most important thing here. Rules are very strict across the Bank globally.
Its great, and very great. The password associated with your Indeed account has been set. If you did not set the password or have any questions, please contact us.
Despite my efforts to like the bank, I left somewhat burnt out. I'll qualify first that the pay and bonuses were promising (though I didn't stay long enough to reap the latter), and job security is a given as long as you hit your targets. The section I entered was filled with new hires who were given a system that suffered from an aging list of bugs and enhancement requests, with barely any handover. In addition, they lacked history with the system, and lacked guidance on how to perform basic maintenance tasks. Colleagues in other sections would try to help, but were limited due to their own workload and unfamiliarity with our system as well. The manager "parachuted" in was also bogged down with other systems of his own to oversee. I feel that the whole situation could have been managed much better. Aside from high-level documents, documentation of persisting production issues was sparse and poor, and during my time at the bank, we resorted to taking down notes as we went along. Outsourced technical support came from an overseas team, also a fresh team who did also not know about the history of the system, compounding to our difficulties in reining the issues in. To compensate, we would regularly work 11-hour days to fight the fires, with the overtime hours being ignored (the claims filed never got approved). During my time at the bank, it was clear that overtime was the norm, with even seasoned veterans (>20 years' experience) working beyond official working hours regularly. We were also expected to stay back to perform maintenance late at night if the system required - more...
Pros
Pay and Job Security.
Cons
Overtime, Mismanagement, Understaffed Department
This is a fun company to work in. Multi racial and you definitely get the chance to proof oneself. Unfortunately, I had to leave to enable myself to upgrade overseas. Nice working environment and people are friendly.
  1. Employee Reviews