OCBC Bank

OCBC Bank Employee Reviews

Singapore172 reviews
adaptability to job scope is fairly manageable
productivity is being measured and monitored quite closely, especially during high volume peak periods
Pros
helpful colleagues
Cons
long working hours during peak
OCBC gave me many valuable lessons both skill required for the job and also the life lessons from my supervisor. working in OCBC while we hold our professionalism we also have fun in our day to day operation. This makes work so enjoyable.
I started pf as a bank teller and got promoted several times and now i am holding a bank officers position. I reveived many awards as all my customers were very much satisfied with my service. i would like to move on to other field i order to experience them.
Pros
Trainings provided
Cons
Low salary
Internship period of 4 months which equip me with good microsoft excel skills and understand how a corporate team function. Colleagues were very friendly and guided me throughout my stay in OCBC
Pros
Fun
Cons
Nil
Liked working with my colleagues. The environment was high paced and stressful at times. It was an adjustment having to work in a different culture but in the end very helpful for my personal growth.
Being able to work at OCBC allowed me to understand the needs of an admin and doing data entry, as well as being responsible and always being on task.
Pros
Doing my work at my own pace with help of my superiors.
Cons
The office is very cold.
I have gained different exposure through the many role changes over the years. Good Internal Job Posting programme that also allowed me to explore out of the previous roles.
Awesome colleagues in branches. Did not face any politics (which i hate). Working hours were fine (from 1000 to 1900). Non-stress working environment and job scope
Pros
Awesome colleagues
- We always have to stay updated with latest online banking services
- Improve on banking knowledge daily so that customer is educated on our services

- Handle customers from all walks of life, some may not be the best people you serve, it gets tough sometimes but we overcome it with a smile! All the time!

- Serving customer and providing services that exceed customer's expectation is very important to us.
-Managers are willing to teach and guide you patiently.
-One month training will be provided before allocating you to the respective branch.

-Most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly colleagues and customers.
Exposed to dealing with risk models and the execution of test cases using excel and sas. Learnt a lot and colleagues were nice, approachable and willing to teach.
I have done internship at this place and this people have a great innovation centre which thrives the young minds for new creative products and innovations.
Contributed in executing various BAU tasks for the E-machine Support Team. Ensuring that all the ATMs records are
being processed and highlighted if there are any discrepancies by the end of the day. Learnt and supervised the process of cash

replenishing services to the ATMs. Demonstrated competency in meeting the tight deadlines for each day despite the immense

volume of ATMs records and heavy workload.
Pros
Learnt a lot about our banks ATMs and how they are being handled and operated.
Cons
Nil.
I have learnt to extract credit rating information from Moody's, S&P and Fitch ratings, I have also learnt to prepare data for and perform financial analysis. The work environment is both fun and supportive.
*Typical day is always busy cause I am in the application support which requires supporting production application issues.
*I learned a Performance test tool which is HP Load Runner.

*The workplace culture is a lot of work, seldom party and get together.

* Hardest part of the job is the process, if you want to migrate program in a certain application you need to go to a lot of approvals.

*The most enjoyable I can say is people mare friendly.
Pros
You will learn to multitasks
Cons
Long Hours
Employees in OCBC has a good work life balance.
OCBC provides its staff with good benefits and the staff health. Allowing staff to apply for subsidised exercise classes.
Good Luck, if you get the bad managers say goodbye to your happy life. And most of them are bad, acting like a boss not a leader. They will stretch out the most out of you and blame you if you dont meet the deadline. You will die working here and they wont even appreciate it. Stay away.
Pros
Near mrt green and downtown line
Cons
Very very bad management
i learned to communicate better with customers, able to tolerate nasty customers giving them best solutions.
culture there was good at first.

hardest part is when customer's loan get rejected and we can't hit our sales target.

enjoyable part is able to help customers solve their problems and get commission
Pros
sales benefits
Cons
get scoldings from customer when loan not approve or approve lesser
Good culture, work/life balance is reasonable. Bosses and everyone are very supportive of the work you do, with high standards. Lunches are flexible, work timing as well if you prove your worth.
generally good environment to work in

colleagues were friendly

welfare was good

managers was excellent

learnt many things there

good payouts and stucture
Pros
good environment
Cons
small bank
Right place, right time - perfect opportunity.

Life is good only when you can meet and exceed sales targets. Potentially working on weekends due to the retail nature of work.
Pros
Deferred stock options realised after 3 years, quarterly commissions after exceeding salary hurdle rate.
Cons
Expect to work on weekends and potentially public holidays. 12 hour days are typical in most cases.