OCBC Bank

OCBC Bank Employee Reviews

Singapore170 reviews
Stressful at work with colleagues that are helpful to help with your work at the same time demands you to get work done to their expectations and steep learning curve for those without experience.
It is just like the other banks with many departments and regulation. If you are seeking new challenges, you can always move around to other department. The place that i was at has very nice people, giving good guidance.
Handled daily processing and data input of customer requests on a timely basis
Accounted for documents received and performed day-end reconciliation

Supported resource learning and delivery through Management Operation System (MOS)
Ocbc Bank was my entry level job. As a personal bamker i learned alot in working life and investment opportunoes. Benefits were well in the bank and i had an enjoyable stay
I had a lot of fun working with the company, everyone was very friendly and helpful. My supervisor especially was involved with me and ensured to make sure I learned as much as possible every single day. He was very kind to sit with me and help me go through my reflections for each week. He really helped me a lot in my internship project as well. He was a really good mentor to me.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
A typical working culture,the hardest place to work, workplace culutre not good ..learn Control M and DataStage servers working ,
Management is good .
Pros
nothing
Cons
Long Hours
great environment. helpful collegues. workplace is at an eccessible area. near to interchange and mrt. near to mall for lunch . was doing telegraphic transfers for the bank. altho there are tight deadlines but everyone work as a team to be able to clear all list.
great working environment, good training provided. good mentors and On the Job training. you will be well prepared. However sales targets are too high
Well expose to outside environment as will have the chance to go to different location when meeting with customer and have colleagues that are very helpful in many ways possible. Most importantly, teaches me the importance of independent
A typical day at work involves different activities, including, vendor management, problem solving, user management and many others.
It is a fast paced environment which includes long hours and constantly being on-call for service requireement
Cons
Long Hours.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at OCBC Bank?
Got a stupid team leader and lousy team mates who are not good with their work but got promoted ahead of me. The HK team lead who turned singaporean like to mummer "sie ah sie ah" when things goes wrong
Accounting opening and pitching to customers about products. Workplace is competitive. Hardest part is to hit targets. Most enjoyable part is everyone works hard together.
A lot of human interaction daily, and i have learnt you have to be sincere in what you are providing in order to maintain a long term relationship.
'Stay True' is what it has been emphasizing - for us to be transparent, integrity and truthful in everything thing that we are doing. I would say interaction is the most enjoyable part of the job and i get to meet different people from different parts world.
My current role is to support the bonds custody function for premier clients in OCBC. While supporting the function, daily I will encounter queries posted by customers to our relationship managers, queries from product managers and some other internal clients. I like what I am doing now because I get to understand the needs of my internal clients and to provide guidance, and assistance when necessary.
The company is a very friendly environment for someone who wish to learn as they provide many good opportunities for someone to grow and hone their skill sets and knowledge
My Team leader, who also also the EmB head was a very smart and honest man who provides constructive feedback and leads by example. He understands everything going on and demands the very best of work being produced for him.
I was in the telemarketing department. I was a telesales agent and it provided me growth opportunity to rise as a team leader. It is a fast paced environment and very diversified culture.
It's an engaging environment. A work place whereby Management level collaborate seamlessly with the subordinates. The main thrust of the Department constantly promotes innovative mindset and improvement of essential work process. Rewards are fairly accorded and all means of Group Communication from top to the down stream is constantly maintained on a consistently basis. The company also promotes constant learning especially in the realm of hard and soft skills. Prudent risk factors is uphold with top priority and all forms of security is to be observed faithfully throughout the day. The culture of the workplace can be deemed to be fun, flexible and family-like. In the event of exigencies, the task on hand will be treated with high priority.
Pros
Excellent worklife balance and approachable management.
Cons
Budget consciousness.
This is an average workplace with local culture and management style. The company encourages staff to take external course to upgrade skills. It may take more patience and longer to adopt new ideas.
I worked as a resident engineer in wintel department through manpower agency. It is a very busy working environment. I learned lot in Wintel administration.
Pros
Great Exposure to Windows.
Cons
Longer Working hours
i worked in this bank for 10 years, the board is acting to be take care of the bank but they only care about their own people benefit and security.