Ocean Tankers

Ocean Tankers Employee Reviews

Singapore20 reviews

Safe work culture. Leading operations.

Mostly cargo operations. Documentation, negotiation and safe work cultures. Lead operation team. Communicate with programmer. Safe working practices. Controlling quantity and quality of cargo.

Pros

Communication, documentation, safe working practices.

Cons

24hr stand by. Climbing height.

Productive and fun place

-The company are full of systematic, every jobs duty are given fairly sure under your care. -Environment are clean & tidy, those colleague are cheerful and kindness. -Overall are satisfied and it's a great company.

Good work environment

I joined in Ocean Tankers on July 2010 and continue till to date and I use to work here diligently. To develop my skills I have done a few numbers of shorts courses, arranged by company

Non-existant Career Progression, Biased Hiring Policy

Pros: - Inter-departmental colleagues were warm and friendly - Salaries were received on time every month Cons: - Very remote and in-accessible work location, 20 minutes from nearest train station ( limited company transportation provided with long jams encountered ) - Non-existent career progression, old fashioned management does not promote internal staffs - Not suitable workplace for fresh graduates - Biased hiring/ employment policies. Company policy required employees to give notice for resignation (which was standard). However, company has exclusive rights to terminate employees with no notice and without valid reasons or grounds. Unfair to hardworking employee. Conclusion : Strongly not recommended for job seekers, unless job seeker had not other better options/choice than this company.

just so so

good place to learn for young person, not a good place for long term

Not much enjoyable, very hard to complete all the jobs with minimum people. The promotion prospect was slow. Location of the office far from the Central business district.

大型公司

OT是一家大型的综合性的油船营运企业,拥有从vlcc到passager boat的各种类型的船舶。公司管理严格,要求严谨

Good Company

Good Company, but need more smart and effective crew management on all type of their fleets. Business is important but on the other hands, shall balance with the crew's safety and work & rest hours.

Pros

Good salary and income

Cons

Hard work and not meeting with work and rest on some ship.

Productive and Attractive Salary.

Ocean Tankers is the best company I have worked for. Ocean Tankers is an oil and gas company and own a large fleet of tankers starting from vessels over 1000 tons to very large crude oil carriers(VLCC) over 160K tons. I worked on two ships which are one over 40,000 tons and one VLCC and 6 and a half months on each vessel. I got a wide knowledge of machinery designs, maintenance and operations and electrical knowledge. I followed 2nd Engineer and 4th Engineer helping and learning in maintenance and operation of various machineries and took engine room watch keeping duties with 4th Engineer.I’m specifically trained for marine boilers, sewage treatment plant, heat exchangers, fresh water generator, purifiers, A.C generators, air conditioning plants, refrigeration plants, and general operation and maintenance of Main Engine and control system and electrical switches. As being a marine engineer, I have to follow all the regulations safely and strictly. I learnt duty and responsibility really well. I enjoyed my work and love to spend time with my senior colleagues. We have taken over all the problems together. As I feel isolated from social life from family and friends, I want to stop going to sea and work on shore.

Pros

Salary is regular, Transportation is nice.

Cons

as ship to ship operations due and no chance to touch the ground for six months.

Good

your job is to ensure safe operation of the vessel in term of navigation ,cargo ,security and environment.. You need to report your daily activities to the company. Communicate with charterer,owner and agent on cargo matters. Obtained clearance for for vessel to enter and depart for ports. What learned you need to be punctual and perform team work in order to operate the vessel smoothly. The management is good the cooperate and assist you if you counter problems on board in any matters such machinery or navigation equipment. You need to conduct emergency drill and training on board. Hardest if you encounter bad weather

Pros

fodd coperation

Cons

when comes to MLC matter

Workplace with average rating

Quite poor safety culture. Not the best place to grow in career path. Alright for a fresh graduate for start up. No consistency in daily job. Job description not well defined.

Pros

Free car park

Cons

Isolated from city

Stabile company, which offers steady employment.

Ocean Tankers is a good Company, where I have started my career as Training officer in 2008. I have gained big working experience and practical knowledge in my specialty, what helped me a lot to develop my marine career. It is stabile employment Company with good human approach to the employees.

Pros

steady employment, stability.

Cons

food.

Ocean Tankers

Ocean tankers was good tankers Owner company. It posses good working culture and work place. For new comer , require to be adoptable to meet with company culture very quickly. Overall feature, Oceantankers was good company.

The most enjoyable parts of the job

when staying in workshop on shore, office are best of day and enjoyable day. Working in shore workshop tried to repair and tested all existing malfunction and damage machines.

Pros

Transportation

Cons

Normal

Demanding environment

Working hours are much longer with working Saturday. Challenging expectations from management. Voices from ground level not taken up. Salary and benefits do not measure up to workload as compared to other industry players.

Pros

Good learning opportunities and nice colleagues

Cons

No work life balance

Ocean tankers is good for temporary.

In Ocean tankers is so good as local company. But for becomes to get international standard its need to go more far. 8 hours working per day in two shift. With Chinese working very difficult bcz of language. Some georgian extraordinary good. We hope Bangladeshi engineer will not come to this company.

Pros

everythings free

Cons

limited

An organization with high turnover

Working here was an ongoing learning experience. Tasks become easier with good logistical supports. Supportive co-workers. But career growth opportunity seems to be rather dim.

Pros

Job security is high

Cons

Top down Management, high power distance. Need to look at more on employee well being.

Productive and very fun working with ocean tankers

My work activities includes routine check of all operational machines and report the outcome to chief engineer. Learn how to work as a team in solving problems on board.Learn how to solve problems by means of studying the operational of every machine on board and how to respond to emergency response situations. Management very supportive and very appreciative to our safety working environment and very surportive to our need and well being of all crew. Verry friendly and social and creating a common working and safety environment for each crew. The hardest part of the job is working with limited amount of tools and not much information about the equipment under repairs or luck of blue print, or operational manuals. The most enjoyable part of the job is doing your required maintenance and seeing that all your machinery are working to deliver the results

Pros

Free lunch, Etc..

Cons

Short break, And health care

navigation & safety incharge

seaman life is lost human opportunity. poor in wealfare .zero alcohol is strictly.almost VLCC experienced loss conncection with family.

We work when we have to and make sure all jobs are done

A typical work day of 8 hours with breaks in between.New things are learnt on daily basis.There is good co operation among co- workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ocean Tankers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ocean Tankers Reviews by Location