Orchard Hotel Singapore

Orchard Hotel Singapore Employee Reviews

Singapore13 reviews

Result Driven

Company has very high expectation & result driven, willing to pay very decent salary. Frequent changed of leadership in the company, no job security.

Pros

Pay well

Cons

Very result driven, stressful

the manager there are very unprofessional

the managers there will keep shouting and screaming at us for no absolute reason even when we are doing the right thing. They will keep using vulgarities and calling us very disrespectful names. On top of that, they do not even wash or clean their utensil properly as you can still see bits of food left on the plate, spoon, etc. Overall, they are not very kind and are unwilling to help you but instead scold you using very harmful words that are unpleasant for the human ear and I would definitely not recommend anyone to be working there

Pros

free transportation back home after you ot

Cons

harsh treatment of the waiter and waitress, not a conducive environment to work at

Avoid

P&P & direction kept changing. Top management and owners too involved in hotel. No trust. No job security. Hotel should fully focus to serve guests and enhance experience not otherwise. Bad management. Result to everyone will stab everyone. Poor culture. Strongly discourage anyone to join this hotel and any MCIL hotels. They hire and fire too often and you will be on edges when is your turn to leave.

Cons

Poor Management

Fun and exciting workplace

A workplace wherein you can find a fun and challenging environment. Everyday is a exciting day to work even though we know that it will be a busy day. Seeing your colleague who value good teamwork to achieve a high standard service . Even when facing complaints ,this is where you can see that each staff helping each other to provide the guest needs and give satisfaction. The fun part is working in a busy operation and we can still managed to joke and laugh around to each other. I learned the importance of team work and having a positive attitude which makes my life enjoyable while earning money.

Enriching

This job is enriching and less stressful as you are given the chance to deal with your daily tasks on your own time, so long as your tasks are completed at the end of the day which is more fruitful.

fun workplace

same same different day, busy will be very busy and quite will be very quite, nice and fun environment to work. and no comment with the management....

Nil

A fun working enviroment and the management staff treat you nice. They will send you various courses for free throughout the year. Workwise hotel is always busy therefore.we work in a fast pace and under pressure.

Excellent Team Work

Pleasant working experience, management very supportive, constant support and guidance provided during challenges. Colleagues are always available to help whenever needed.

Good work place.

it's very good learn about service and setup the room. You can creative thing and make how to do work fast and tip top service. even you can make good relationship with other outlet and department. If you are join Orchard Hotel Singapore then you can enjoy to work with many part-timer also.

Pros

Good environment work area.

Cons

many benefit for staff

Good management but is a challenging place to work with

This company has the standard benefits as other hotel industry, however, they most probably the highest pay master in the market and also provide real good incentives for sales team.

Warm Working Environment

Orchard Hotel has a fast paced working environment and due to the size of the hotel and operations, the volume of both catching-up work and new tasks are heavy and seemingly endless. However, despite the hectic schedules and workload, it has a healthy and happy working environment where the employee satisfaction statistics goes well above 75%. I love my job and role there in Human Resources and I have the most amazing team supporting and working along with me to manage the work challenges

No work/Life Balance

As a Duty Manager, I am working for 12hrs per shift, 4 days a week. Felt burn out after few months working in Orchard Hotel.

Pros

Nice location

Cons

Long Hours

Company can be strict about foreigners

There may be differences between each department, but still at the end of the day, OHS work together to serve their guests better. We all have 1 goal to achieve, and that is to be the preferred hotel of most guests.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orchard Hotel Singapore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Orchard Hotel Singapore with