Pace Analytical Services LLC

Pace Analytical Services LLC Employee Reviews

Very stresssful

Extremely high turnover, always changing departments. Forced to used vacation days at beginning of each year. Constantly rotating work tasks with long hours.

Great place to start your career but don't stay long

I worked in the field team and not the lab which is what Pace is mostly known for. The field team was very informal and relaxed, which was great for a field setting but didn't prepare me much for professional work. Little to no room for advancement. Stay a couple years and then get into consulting if you have env science or equivalent degree. Having the field experience will help you get your foot in the door somewhere better.

Pros

Laid back, generally easy/ brainless work

Cons

Low pay, too many or too few hours, no advancement

Not a bad place to work. the people were nice and the supervisors seem to care. the work was interesting and they have a good work life balance there.

Lab I worked at did quality work for the clients and environment. Bad was corporate only cared about quick turn around and money.

Pace test samples following known methods. It is like a high tech assembly line. Entry level pay is low. They give low raises and small bonuses. You can work a lot of OT if you want the pay.

Pros

Lab I worked at did quality work for the clients and environment.

Cons

Bad was corporate only cared about quick turn around and money.

Terrible place to work

There is no such thing as communication at the job. You do not have room to grow and succeed. Management is not very kind. You get in trouble to helping coworkers from different departments even though they work in your building. You get in trouble for gossiping but people don’t get in trouble for inappropriate jokes. Overall a terrible place to work. This company is a joke and treats their hardworking employees as a joke.

Pros

Certain coworkers are good to work with

Cons

Everything else is terrible.

Great Place to Work, Really bad pay

I would go back to working here in a heartbeat, if it paid me enough to survive. The management was great. The environment and workload was meaningful and easy. The pay will leave you destitute.

Pros

Great Culture

Cons

Abysmal Pay

Flexibility but not a lot of opportunity

Pace offers flexibility in hours and help achieve a work life balance for its employees. It's difficult to advance but as long as you're willing to work your pay will increase every year.

Pros

Work with you to achieve a work life balance

Cons

Lack of communication and advancement opportunities

Underpaid, high turnover, high volume, very few advancement opportunities

Severely underpaid. Starting wages are competitive with retail and fast food chains. There is a lack of clear career paths. Very high turnover rate so it's a revolving door of people. One person is hired and two to three leave. Leadership and communication is not great. Training is lacking.The only positive is flexibility of schedule. Decent place if you need work experience or just any job.

Lots of overtime, work-life balance low, unfair compensation

The typical work day is pretty busy with everyone rushing around to complete tasks. Upper management has no clue what working employees go through on a day to day. The company does not go through with their promises. The workplace culture is terrible! The compensation for the job duties performed is unfair! There is plenty of overtime available because each department is short-staffed. Job security is high because of the lack of people working. There are plenty opportunities for advancement. My coworkers are the best part of my day. If it was not for them I would not have continued to work at this company.

Pretty good place to work

Decent place to work. They raised the minimum pay to combat the constant turnover and it seems to have helped. Overall need to pay more, but time off is approved/flexible schedule not micromanaged (at least in my dept) Good place to start out. Don't expect to get paid a lot unless you are a manager. You can do ok and the people are nice.

Pros

I have a great manager

Cons

Pay still needs to increase for long time workers not just new hires

Family oriented

Tight fisted , only 2 p/cent match for 401- turnover rate high. Building and labs are in rough shape . No budget for brooms? Not a good place to work.

great people to work with in the lab

Management has poor communication. Upper management will put in place pilot projects into the lab, but when they fail the employees pay the price for the failures (ie layoffs ). Management never takes responsibility for there poor decisions.

Pros

great fellow employees

Cons

treated like lab rats to experiment on

Average workplace with disappointing lack of schedule flexibility

Lab techs typically do not have a consistent schedule, as hours are dictated by when samples arrive. Difficult to schedule appointments or time off when there is no one trained to take over in your absence. Timing is all dependent on one department receiving and distributing samples on time. When they get behind, work days get long as tests are time sensitive and cannot be pushed to the next day.Really enjoy the coworkers. Fun people who sympathize with the challenges of working here.Pay is reasonable for the work you do, and get time and a half for overtime (which you're guaranteed to work)

Pros

Autonomy in some labs

Cons

Unpredictable schedule; very little paid time off

Consistent work in a good environment

Lots of repetition and pretty mundane work. Work environment is great. Respectful, helpful coworkers and supervisors. Pay isn't stellar. Very flexible and willing to work with schedule.

Ok Enough Place

-Good People for the most part, but with lots of turnaround it's a mixed bag.-There are "growth" opportunities, but they are mostly just lateral moves to different departments.

flexible and fun place to work

you pretty much know what to expect everyday. Great management and great team work as well. The supervisor is always making sure that everyone is good. overall I enjoy working there.

Cons

pay

It’s ok

Ok to get some experience, not a place to stay long term. Everyone is overworked in my department. Often 6 days a week. Flexible hours are nice but that’s the only benefit. Pay is ok.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Overworked

Not great, very corporate

I worked servicing on site at 3M, and I’ve been told they no longer do the Environmental health and safety projects for 3M that they were doing then. Wasn’t great wasn’t bad, pay was pretty cheap and it had a dressy corporate vibe. Probably a decent place to intern if you’re at the U

Pros

Worked at 3M

Cons

Poor pay, lack of advancement

Good in small offices

The small offices are where pace shines, I work in the office, warehouse, field, and anywhere else I am needed, I feel like pay is not very good for all the work I do and flexibility I have to have for the company.

Decent place to work (regulatory dept)

I work in the regulatory department. It is hard to review Pace itself because all the work we do is working as a contractor for other companies, so your experience will really vary based on what client (s) you get. My client is awesome so I love working here and actually don't need to interact with Pace all that much other than HR type stuff. However, I do get the feeling that if there were problems, Pace would be able to assist.

Pros

Friendly management, lots of training available. It does feel supportive. Flexible schedule, work from home.

Cons

Depending on your client situation, sometimes it is more difficult to connect to your Pace coworkers. Also, can we please chill out about these annual performance reviews?

Unequal pay based on experience and qualifications

Many pay discrepancies. Very experienced employees making less than no experience employees. Zero career development opportunities. Want to advance? Here are your unrealistic goals to get there. We'll never give you a chance to meet them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pace Analytical Services LLC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Pace Analytical Services LLC