Pan Pacific Hotels Group

Pan Pacific Hotels Group Employee Reviews

Singapore13 reviews

Old-school management

quite old-school, senior management still want facetime in office so no flexi work arrangement. very reactive and definitely not innovative. but have good benefits like F&B discounts and hotel discounts, which i understand are quite competitive compared to others in the hospitality space.

Manning

As with other properties, staff shortage is an issue. Expect to carry out tasks outside your department's scope. Staff rates come in handy when travelling to other asian countries.

Interaction

Good workplace, Everyday briefing, Canteen food rotation, A lot to you can learn. Management is well maintained. Culture is good. Peak hours are hectic. Being a bartender is enjoyable.

Pros

Free meal

Cons

Very very short breaktime

Fast-paced environment and top-down management

I liked the team I was in but not my workload (which was for at least 2 people) but I was unable to obtain an additional headcount for a few years. Besides that, management did not value staff opinion, which made collaborative work difficult at times. People generally lacked motivation and most worked just to get by. Staff benefits were not to

Challenging and fun work place

- Constantly work as a team to address a certain issue (complains etc) - Very supportive colleagues and always willing to share new skills they learned. - Firm and decisive managers

All good

All good The overall goal of a performance review is to show an employee where they’re doing well and where they could benefit from improvement. A positive opening shows the employee you notice them and that you’re reviewing their performance instead of going off impersonal metrics. It also tells them you know of them and their contributions, which may motivate them and me to improve in their work.

International management allowed open-minded work culture

I joined the hotel and thus the hotel group during a major renovation of the group's biggest property. I was welcomed by a number of international staff who were supportive of career development and were open-minded to listening and supporting my goals.

fun workplace

I am working 3 years with Pan Pacific Singapore as a part timer to manage my educational expenses. From this experience I can able to understand time management and working skill.

Nice

Great benefits, alot of perks such as flexi benefit, which allows you extra money each year for your personal needs. Birthday leave as well and medical insurance

learned food and beverage skilld of five star hotel standard

Staff training, Team Leading skills, Management skills, Fine Dining concept, wine knowledge, bar and barista skills

Structured and Disciplined

I had worked part-time in order to build ion my experience and character. I was recruited to work for company events and weddings. I was very disciplined and had to be flexible and take command well. Executing the tasks were rather challenging when the communication was poor.

enjoyable

handling tourists work closely with foreigners work as a team promoting sales business within hotel fun interacting with clients

Good Environment working place

Usual routine secretarial work. Occassionally when there is last minutes changes of the reports and was given short timelines to complete and most of the times i was able to accomplish the task and was praised by the boss for the good work and this will lighten up my day.

Pros

Good team spirits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pan Pacific Hotels Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Pan Pacific Hotels Group with