PAP Community Foundation

PAP Community Foundation Employee Reviews

Singapore34 reviews
Depends on who your principal is, and who your colleagues are, but i was lucky to find a very good centre with wonderful colleagues who became my close friends by the end of my work experience.
The centre is not organised. The centre principal cannot conduct herself well as a professional, lack of self-respect, no experience to lead the mega centre. There is no mentor to guide new candidates.
The teachers are united and will always have each others' back. All of them know what being an early childhood teacher entails and are understanding and supportive.
Routine work
Learnt more on HR processes

Work life balance

Handling employee grievances is the hardest part of the job

Boss and colleagues are the most enjoyable part of the job
There is one thing i really like with this company, they are having lots of trainings for teachers to attend. I can say that learning is continuous. While the curriculum was provided and teachers are free to so modification to the lesson
PAP Community Foundation is an excellent company which helps teachers grow and enhance their skills as a professional educator. It has sufficient benefits that gives the employees the eagerness to work.
Pros
Stress free environment
Cons
Colleagues are friendly and environment is collaborative. Good starting point for a career and there's room for career progression. There's sufficient time for preparation of lessons and budget is sufficient to purchase items required for lessons. You are expected to work on events like family day over the weekends. More foreigners than locals are in this organisation.
In a pre-school education, one would not go out of job unless you chose to leave on your own accord. Meet a good share of nice and kind people. There are also good opportunities to learn
Pros
Stability
Good experiences

Good people to work with.

Learning Journey available

Opportunity to help the needy

Different opportunity to work with diverse stakeholders
Fun to work with young children and colleagues were cooperative towards my experience. I learnt to be fast and equipped with the various skills of being respectful, responsive and reciprocal towards the children in terms of doing the daily activities plan which was a typical day at work.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
The company allows us to grow professionally.
They are enhancing soft skills to ensuring that we are all continuing our professional development. Great place to be in!
工作环境很舒适,学校配有厨房以及保洁阿姨,员工的活动也较多较丰富,教师、幼儿及家长间的相处很和谐。工作时间灵活。
Pros
工作餐免费,员工活动丰富
Cons
教师培训机会较少
It's a nice place to work in but a little stressful because there are many courses offered by Kaplan. Sales staff are pretty aggressive in pushing sales.
Pros
Work life balance
个别中心的校长和老师需要跟高的提升来匹配自己的职位,校长应该提升自己的领导能力,中级教师应该提升自己的管理能力。
Pros
福利待遇较好
Cons
由于中心很多,支部的校长良莠不齐
First and foremost, I've enjoyed working there because of the supportive School Principal Ms P and helpful colleagues. I've learned and gained tons of knowledge that are not only related on my current position.

However there is no chances of having good career advancement in this company for the position.
Pros
Near
Cons
Na
Depending on the people in charge of the centres, most centres are team oriented. If work with one another closely, teachers will enjoy the time spend working among colleagues and with children.
Pros
Lunch with children provided. One hour lunch break. Resources for children provided.
Cons
Not sure
it is very fun to work with kids however to the uprising demand from parents and society, we teachers have less work/life balance. the most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the children, where mostly the children educate the teachers more and teachers are facilitators. the hardest part of the job is to not spend enough time with family as we do at work. we do have events on weekends but unfortunately the weekends that we were called down were not paid. therefore, less weekends with family as well.
As a teacher there I have worked with the senior teacher, supervisor, principal, cook and cleaners of the school. This allowed team work to be done and executed during school events and even during normal school hours where teachers teach children about everyday lessons and school culture.
Benefits
Cons
Not applicable
Learning to interact with childhood from ages 18 months to 6 years old. Lesson plans were written and delivered to children. Able to interact with teachers from different races and countries.

Too many paper work to be done which reduces work life balance. Weekends are spent writing lesson plans and preparing for lessons.
Pros
Meals are provided
Cons
Long hours and many paper work. Slow advancement.
I would like to develop myself further, upgrade myslef to see a career progression. The pcf centres usually have higher student teacher ratio with high number of special needs children
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
High student teacher ratio with many special needs and no support
The working environment as well as the children are manageable. The curriculum is designed as a progressive approach but some of the lesson plans are not age-appropriate.
Pros
Fix working hours (8am to 5 pm) and free meals
Cons
working on Saturday and school holidays