Parkway Hospitals Singapore Pte Ltd

Parkway Hospitals Singapore Pte Ltd Employee Reviews

1) New recruits are not properly trained
2) More mature staff should be employed - mostly after serving National Service

Deployment of staff is fair

Work culture is great

Managers and Supervisors work well together
Challenge yourselves to work with multi-nationality people from a different countries & background in terms of management, punctuality, workplace culture & etc. Ratio on hardest : enjoyable is average about 80 : 20. Just keep it your grumbling deepest in your heart when feeling like there's no work-life balance then.
Pros
Subsidies SGD 5/day for cafeteria meal
Cons
Short breaks, multiple task at a time required to complete soonest possible, Otherwise, you're "too slow"..
Favouritism in the management.
Everyday report to work late get a promotion.

Increment salary yearly very pathetic including yearly bonus.

They like whoever love to lick hairy ding dang.
Able to finish work within timeline given.
Learn a lot about health issues.

Hardest part is to handle and pacify difficult customers.

Get to pat on my back for good reviews given by customers for good customer service given.
Pros
Free cold and hot beverages with biscuits
The people there are very friendly and approachable! They will help you if you need any help. Working at Mount Elizabeth with the hospital operations allows you to be exposed working with different departments.
. Manage EHS management system
. Biosafety hazards and JCI

. Management is supportive.

. Respective work culture

. Manage 4 hospitals and 2 labs

. Colleagues are friendly
Professionalism and Expertise at its best. You will get to experience a variety of patients from all walks of life locally and internationally. HR and management regularly conduct an open forum discussion for staff to air out concerns and difficulties encountered on the ground.
Pros
work and life balance
Cons
slow job promotions
When I was working together with Mt Elizabeth hospital(Parkway Pte Ltd) I felt that was a happy time in my life. Though working life was full of rush hours but the meal provided by Mt.E was good and the accomodition provided by Mt.E was comfortable located near hospital. And all the supervisor treated me good and salary also enough of living cost. Thank you alot.
there will be day you will need to face a very difficult patient/nok. what I had learn from there is I able to focus on the weakness and improve myself better. management was really bad as always short of manpower.
Favouritism is a big thing and people can get away with many things they do wrongly as long as they suck up to the manager/ supervisor. Unfair situations everywhere and promotion is so rare u almost will never get promoted regardless of how competent your are. But if you manage to be one the the "favourites" then u will be promoted regardless of how ignorant you are in your work.
The FM department has a HOD practices favouritism, he promotes and acknowledge those who carry his balls even though they do not do their assigned tasks properly..you will have abright future in Parkway East Hospital's FM department if your are the boss's bootlicker type.
Pros
Parkway East Hospital is a cozy and a small building to maintain..
Cons
FM department's HOD is not the type of boss you would want to work with, practices favouritism and doesnt really have technical background and knowledge, but acts like he's a pro.
Good scope of work, good colleagues, good working environment. Good benefits. Poor management (direct manager). Sad to leave a company when your management failed to acknowledge its shortcomings
Awesome colleagues. 44hrs 4 days work. Challenging in a fast paced environment. Good exposure. Downfall on work-life balance. Most of us are working moms.
Stressful because team leader is not helping out. The bad part is, team leader is an assistant manager. Poor work attitude. Even told the manager, but nothing was done. So yeah
Poor management and cultural organisation. Superiors do not take in any feedbacks from employees but nonetheless, have good colleagues. This job requires to work weekends. 5 days work week job.
I work at parkway shenton for work experience and knowledge but being a mom with 3small kids it's never been easy. Time is very important to me. I had to resigned because not fetching my kids on time. i don't have anybody to look after them or to fetch them if i'm late form work. My husband comes back after 8pm so it's impossible for him to come if i'm late.
Considered to be one of the newly built hospitals in Singapore, Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital is rapidly growing its share of patient visits. Even with high number of admissions, the ratio of patient to nurse is much sufficient compared to other hospitals in the area. Staffs consists of different nationalities because the workforce is made up of people coming from different nearby countries. As far as work is concerned, the challenge is mainly about keeping up the high standard of service expected of an employee working in one of the best hospitals in Singapore.
It was a great and amazing journey to be part of this company. It was indeed a ground for career and personal growth. It allows you to become a well rounded individual.
Typical day at work is happiness,
I've learn how to do claims and admin work etc etc etc

Workplace culture is fun and productive

Hardest part is saying good bye.
Workplace culture, alot of foreign colleagues which trying to understand one another. Satisfaction in seeing patients get well and recovery after the therapy. Busy at times.
In the function I am with, the culture is very traditional and conservative. There are plenty of opportunities for collaboration but not encouraged or accepted.