Parkway Hospitals Singapore Pte Ltd

Parkway Hospitals Singapore Pte Ltd Employee Reviews in Novena

Novena20 reviews
Work involves mostly transcribing medical reports, answering customer service phone calls, dispatch and other admin work. Management and doctors are generally friendly, and office culture is relaxed mostly. HR at Parkway can be slow to process benefits such as overtime pay.
Poor management and cultural organisation. Superiors do not take in any feedbacks from employees but nonetheless, have good colleagues. This job requires to work weekends. 5 days work week job.
Private as there is a clause in the employment contract. Please see the requirements in each job description.

Everyday is a new experience as we meet new people.
The culture and the bond they have showed between working colleagues was something that taught me a lot on customer service experiences. Working in a health care line exposes me to all kinds of different people from all walks of life.
Pros
Free medical services
Cons
Unstable hours
Management is good . My team worker good culture and happy. Need to take more staffing. Sometimes need to staylonger to complete documents. I learned more new things here. Enjoyed treated patients.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Still longer
I have completed my 6 years contract with Mount Elizabeth Novena and I enjoyed working there except slow promotion and short of staffs sometimes. I have learnt a lot from work.There will be always good and bad things in a workplace.
Pros
Free lunches, Zoo tickets, Advanced Medical Equipments
Cons
Work overload, Slow Promotion
A hospital that strives to give their best with limited manpower. Also a gives you are learning journey by rotating your jobscope to better know about oneself and their strengths.
Client Service Representative performed the following duties & responsibilities: Department Order Entry, Client Service and Receptionist.

Daily high volume of specimen receipt especially in the morning. Managing well with different classes of people from different races and citizens.

The hardest part of the job when there was an understaffing for the day with no backup to manage. Nevertheless, that did not dampen the spirit to carry on to take up the challenges faced for the day.
Pros
Nice uniformed provided for staff
Cons
Stretched long hours with no OT claimed
On a typical, my team would manage 7-10 children. It can get really busy in a day. The hardest was not able to be with my family when they needed me.
The children really do make me smile...
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
shift work
An interesting environment to work at. Learn a lot about medical conditions. Learn a lot about human behaviours. Learn a lot about doing cashiering. Aquaitance with RM doctors and specialists..
Pros
free meals
Cons
night shift
Good place to gain knowlegde, though colleagues and managers may not be as supportive. Many doctors to deal with everyday and very strict policy and procedures
Pros
Susbsidised meal at 2.10 for one meat n 1 vege plus 1 desert
It was a good time working with Parkway Laboratory at Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital. I have learnt to do the sorting and outing of slides and patient request form to the respective Doctors. Also as a part of my internship I got the chance to do staining and the embedding of tissue samples and it was a good time working with the environment. The hardest part of the job was that we need to be really fast and cautious about the patient's samples and details. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in the trimming lab as we used to see all the specimen samples,both big and small we can see and learn interesting things about the samples.
An environment focused on good service despite understaffed. Complaints to be handles appropriately before discharged. To ensure that the ward run smoothly and to attend to organization meetings. Thus, multitasking is a great challenge.
Pros
No comment
Cons
Understaffed and long working hours
Its a very nice place to work, helpful staffs, give and take. Pressure but its easy once you are used to it. Nice environment, tight security, friendly people.
Pros
Free breakfast for night shift.
Good place to work and alot of benefits. Time are very fast. You don't even feel the time are running fast went you do the job.
Pros
Free birthday cake
Cons
Short hour
Hospital building is nice, but not all the people are nice.

No teamwork at the Front Office and a lot of micromanagement.

Manager is bias, disrespectful and not understanding at all.

HR is bias and unhelpful, and it's hard to take any kind of leave (AL, childcare, marriage, medical etc.)
Pros
Parkway Shenton Medical Benefits
Cons
Long hours, Unpaid OT, Hard to take leave, manpower shortage, lousy HR
Great company to work for in regards to people, company incentives, and opportunities to learn so much. My resume was easily enhanced from all the opportunities available to take advantage of. We were challenged constantly to be innovative and present efficient ways to improve on our services. I enjoyed the constant challenge.
Pros
Na
Cons
N.A
It is never a day where you can take a break from work. A 8.5h will always extend to 12h as we cannot deny the fact that running operations, the attention and direction must always be made available to staff so that they can serve the patient within the shortest turnaround. As the patient census increases, the demand of patient experience is higher. We are expected to serve each patient within the given KPI.

The most enjoyable part is where your team works together and appreciate your presence for being there for them.
Pros
Expand current portfolio
Cons
Long Hours
No plan to resigned but unfortunately my renewal of my s pass had been rejected.

Appealed was done and waited for 3-4wks but still rejected
Daily admission and discharges in our business office.
In this job I have learn about manpower management as currently we are facing manpower shortage.

My co-workers are a great team player and thus it is easier to work together as a team.

The hardest part of the job will be dealing with difficult patients, doctors and clinic staff who may not be aware of the hospital's policy and protocols.

The enjoyable part of this job will be amazing colleagues who are team players.
Pros
Great team player and company
Cons
Long hours and often need to do OT.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parkway Hospitals Singapore Pte Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.
Parkway Hospitals Singapore Pte Ltd Reviews by Location