Parkway Hospitals Singapore Pte Ltd

Parkway Hospitals Singapore Pte Ltd Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Registered Nurse20 reviews
Singapore20 reviews
Professionalism and Expertise at its best. You will get to experience a variety of patients from all walks of life locally and internationally. HR and management regularly conduct an open forum discussion for staff to air out concerns and difficulties encountered on the ground.
Pros
work and life balance
Cons
slow job promotions
1 negative feedback will be go along with a staff until he or she resign on the other 100 of hard word and positive points are being ignored. Management is not appropriate and not approachable. HR management is unsafe as they can easily lost staff important documents and just ignored till you find out and ask you to resubmit.
I have completed my 6 years contract with Mount Elizabeth Novena and I enjoyed working there except slow promotion and short of staffs sometimes. I have learnt a lot from work.There will be always good and bad things in a workplace.
Pros
Free lunches, Zoo tickets, Advanced Medical Equipments
Cons
Work overload, Slow Promotion
Working hours area disadvantage and unhealthy in the long run.
There are minimal rooms for improvement and career development.

Compensation are low and promotion are slow.
The working environment is fun, nice and definitely learned alot of things. Salary is very competitive. Immediate supervisors are very supportive. Collegues are supportive during adjustment period.
learned at lot in this hospital and it has enhanced skills in Emergency Nursing and primary care. However, the work life balance is not that important for the company since employees need to work 6 days per week.
work was challenging with great support of the team as well compensated with bonuses . Seminars and advancement of education were provided. Awards given to deserving employees.
Pros
Fee meals whole day
Cons
12 hours shift but 3 days off
Being in Singapore, hospital offers an globally competitive medical services that customers or patients where given high standards of health care. As a Staff nurse that's been working for more than 5 years I can say confidently that I have grown professionally
The work is relatively standard for a hospital.

However the hospital does blunder by trying to find a set of employees who are already skilled and experienced instead of investing in their own development. Though the same can be said about the majority of companies.

From my experience posting highly motivated staff who wants to work in a specialized field to another is one such example of the problem mentioned above. Such is the case despite the availability of position.

This often leads to high turn over of the staff and mediocre care towards the patient.
Pros
Good job security
Cons
Stagnation in advancement
To make a difference in people’s lives through excellent patient care, providing seamless, comprehensive healthcare of the highest quality, based on specific values, as well as to focus on creating and maintaining value for our patients.

Provide the best quality patient experience, everything else takes care of itself. Above all, our people are called to do their best to achieve the highest quality care to those entrusted to us.

Value People, Excellence, Results

People above all by treating those we serve and each other with compassion, dignity, integrity and mutual respect.

Excellence by striving for the finest clinical, service and operational outcomes.

Results by exceeding the expectations of the people we serve and those we set for ourselves.
Pros
Subsidies meal
Cons
Double shift when insufficient staffing
On a typical, my team would manage 7-10 children. It can get really busy in a day. The hardest was not able to be with my family when they needed me.
The children really do make me smile...
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
shift work
Changi Prison is a unique institution whereby as a satff nurse, dealing with different type of people psychlogically. The good thing is, the company still allocated us to attend different talk/seminars to enhance more our knowleged.
Pros
free meal and with allowances
In this hospital, you have all the time to learn and share your interest to experience the different area in nursing or expose to different wards. I worked as a NICU staff nurse but when we have no patient or other wards are in need of help, NICU and ICU department is always at number one on the list for deployment. It is good to have this opportunity to be deployed to other wards but sometimes personally if it is not your forte then it would be difficult to accept or adjust.
Pros
small hospital its like a home
Cons
cancellation of work if census is low and deployment
There 3 shifts in a day 8hrly rotating. More than 5 years working experience as a registered nurse cooperating with physicians and close contacting with patients. Good management. My workplace was international and intercultural. The hardest part of the job was the long commuting that I had to face everyday. Well, the most enjoyable part of the job was to see my patients fully recovered and to leave the hospital.
Pros
Good overall benefits
Cons
Shortage of staff
Not so busy unit .equal opportunity should be encourage.Not much training was offered to all .Privellages and insentives were adequate to encourage staff not to go off sick.
My typical day at work right after clocking in is to check patient census, wait for roll call from the in charge nurse, patient assignment given to the incoming shift team. My co workers are all team players and have no qualms or anything about them. Most enjoyable part is because I'm an A&E nurse, so there are always new cases from time to time.
Pros
Discounted meals for hospital staff, good health benefits, good compensation.
Cons
Sometimes long working hours 12-16hrs shift
The culture of the company is great and everyone was fun and amazing to work with. The teamwork is well between co workers.
Pros
Busy
i get to mix around with staff from india, phillipine, malaysia, and china as well. learn about teamwork and leadership. i am infection control nurse officer in my department and a preceptor for juniors. i also undergone preceptorship course. as well as infection control course.
Pros
convenience for public transport
Cons
working long hours
I am very proud to be a former nurse of one of the biggest hospitals in Asia. It is very advance in terms of technology. It is also like a hotel!
Pros
there are a lot to learn in terms of health is concern
Cons
busy
this company is very good thinks of the wellfare of the staff in terms of medical benefits...insurances,bonuses,sending us for advance courses...
Pros
good medical benefits
Cons
nil...
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parkway Hospitals Singapore Pte Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.
Parkway Hospitals Singapore Pte Ltd Reviews by Location