Paycom

Paycom Employee Reviews

It's complicated.

I liked the job when I first started and the job itself is fine. But the manager of one of the teams makes it so hard to work with him and it's required to do so and since he is in a manager position it's not like he will be leaving any time soon. Its a typical Monday- Friday 8-5 job, with it typical drama and monotonous tasks. It's just not what I am looking for anymore.

June 29, 2022
Our leadership is constantly working to make Paycom a place where employees feel like a part of something bigger — because they are! We strongly encourage you to start an honest conversation with your team about your needs. There are also representatives ready to learn from you at hrmgmt@paycomonline.com.

There is so much opportunity here.

I have had so much opportunity since being with Paycom. I have a good support system from my colleagues and management. You are recognized for your achievements and never put down for your shortcomings. Management is always open for feedback and ensures resources are available for success in your career, success with others, and success for the company.

June 8, 2022
Paycom is a company that thrives on open and honest feedback, and it's great to read your review! We work to equip our team members with the support and resources needed for success, and it's delightful to know you've encountered this first-hand. We appreciate you being on the team!

Amazing company with an incredible culture!

I have been at Paycom 6 years and the amount of growth and development I have experienced is priceless! I love working for a company that really cares about their people and reward you for working hard. I have learned more than I ever expected and have been able to grow into new positions. I worked in the service department for over 4 years and have spent the last year in tax. I absolutely love tax and work the best leaders and director. Our leaders listen to their employees and work to ensure they act upon feedback. It’s amazing to work somewhere that you are truly valued. I plan to continue growing into more leadership roles in tax and I have started back at school to continue my education. I have a ton of support from my leaders in my pursuit of higher education and in leading my team. Paycom trusts their employees to get the job done. The support in tax is strong, we are setup for success. I have made amazing friends and mentorship’s with my coworkers at Paycom.

Pros

Culture, people, gym, park, events

Cons

N/a

June 8, 2022
Reading your review makes us so happy! Paycom tries incredibly hard to let our employees know how much we care about them and their development. It's awesome to hear about your experience - thank you for sharing, and thank you for being a long-standing team member! We look forward to the continued exciting opportunities that are sure to open up.

Opportunities, Intense

Potential to make good money, lots of training and professional development, encouraging coworkersVery intense, mental stress, culture of micromanagement

Pros

Development opportunities, earning potential, encouraging coworkers

Cons

6+ hours of internal meetings a week, micromanaged

June 7, 2022
We're happy to know that you have enjoyed our collaborative work culture and competitive earning opportunities. At Paycom, we are proud to offer the mentorship to reach professional aspirations. If you feel comfortable, please reach out to our team at hrmgmt@paycomonline.com so we can learn more about your feedback.

Would not choose to work here again.

Started typing out some lofty answer, but it actually is not worth it. I am in therapy now working through my experience here. Let's leave it at that.-no work/life balance at all-HIGH amounts of OT just to accomplish your normal daily tasks (was up to 13-14 hour days when I left while being paid for 8)-most parents aren't able to leave to take care of their kids after their day ended because they had to stay and work OT or face criticism or passive aggression from leadership-Some departments get paid vacations if they hit their quota while the service department receives the occasional catered lunch. The best gifts I received were from my clients because they appreciated the work I put in far more than my own employer did. -Health insurance is affordable if you are single. Otherwise it is very expensive.-Lack of genuine care for mental health of employees. They recently brought on well-being advisors but this does not help with the systemic problems in the service departments that lead to the level of mental health deterioration the employees are facing. More so acts as a band-aid.-Most of the members of the team I managed made far more than I did since I was salary and they all were hourly working the same amount of overtime that I was working- but not getting comped for :)

Pros

Learned a lot that helped me thrive elsewhere

Cons

No WFH option, work/life balance, high OT, High turnover, compensation

June 2, 2022
It's disheartening to read your review as we strive to make certain our team members feel valued and appreciated. The improvements we've made, such as the addition of well-being advisors, were implemented with genuine intent to improve our employee experience for individuals in all departments. If you didn't share your feedback before your departure, we hope you'll do so by connecting with us at hrmgmt@paycomonline.com. We wish you the best.

Great Benefits and Career Development

Paycom is a growing, fast-paced company with an excellent corporate culture and focus on employee wellness. Paycom offers great benefits and compensation along with support to strengthen your career with trainings and networking opportunities.

Pros

Benefits, Matching 401k, Generous PTO

May 31, 2022
We're thrilled to hear you appreciate the Paycom culture! It's great that you feel supported through the many opportunities and perks we offer. Thank you for sharing your experience and for being a member of our team!

Heavily micromanaged, no trust in employee to do their job

This is the worst job I’ve ever had. Micromanaging on a daily basis which includes minute by minute reports about your activity throughout the day make you feel like big brother is always watching every move you make. No room for to reach solutions for growth. High turnover due to stress and burnout from management. Unrealistic metrics. Save your mental health and look elsewhere.

May 31, 2022
We're disappointed to read your review as what you're describing does not align with the culture we work very hard to cultivate. Paycom strives to develop leaders who support their teams while empowering individuals, and we'd like to learn more about your experience. If you didn't share your feedback before your departure, we hope you'll do so by connecting with us at hrmgmt@paycomonline.com. We wish you the best.

Great and fun company

Typical software engineering life. Working remotely and in office (hybrid) is a really great part of this company. They send neat gifts periodically to show they care.

May 27, 2022
It's great to hear you're enjoying the hybrid work environment in your role. We appreciate you being an integral part of our team!

Great opportunity for advancement in a growing company!

Paycom does a good job of developing its internal assets (people, processes and technology). With their being so much growth, there are countless ways to get involved and carve out your path within Paycom!Overall, one of the best parts is we still have so much room for growth with our current market share!

May 26, 2022
Paycom strives to continually innovate and improve our processes. Because of this and our top-of-the-line talent, we're sure that our growth will continue in a positive direction. We appreciate you sharing your excitement and for being part of our team!

I'm a believer!

Working at Paycom challenges me to be the best version of myself each day. I want to be better because I am working alongside such talented people who work hard everyday to improve the business for both employees and our customers. Everyone is open to feedback and works to build a positive culture. I am proud of all we have accomplished and look forward to many more wins.

Pros

teams committed to excellence

Cons

na

May 26, 2022
We love hearing about your experience! Paycom is thankful for the talented team members and leaders who choose to contribute to our wins each day. Thank you for being a part of our team and for your review!

Over worked

Everyone is overworked and management does little more than review meaningless reports and impose counter productive processes. Pay is decent but considering the toll on your work life balance and stress levels its not nearly enough.

May 25, 2022
We're disappointed that this has been your experience. Paycom works hard to foster manager-employee relationships that provide support and guidance, and we’d like to learn more about your feedback. As a current employee, we hope you'll share any recommendations you have with your leaders, HR business partner or our team at hrmgmt@paycomonline.com. Your suggestions are appreciated and important, as we're always looking for ways to improve.

Terrible Experience

Was very excited to start here based on what they said I could make. Ended up taking a major step back in my career. Too much competition in the market and small territories equaled A LOT of turnover for sales reps.Management treats you like a kindergartner with their unrealistic daily metrics and micromanagement. This is not a long term career.Very outdated sales tactics… I called the same companies every day due to small territory. Please make a better decision than I did about joining this company.

Pros

Base Salary

Cons

Micromanagement and High Competition

May 23, 2022
We're disappointed to hear about your experience and appreciate the work our sales reps put in every day. Paycom invests significant resources in training our sales managers to coach, grow and develop their teams to ensure they are positioned for success. We hope you shared your concerns before your departure and wish you the best.

Paycom Specialist

The company has great pay and pretty good benefits, but avoid Payroll Service Department aka Paycom Specialist jobs at all cost. You are set up for failure as soon as you get out of training. If you happen to succeed despite the unrealistic workload, don't worry they will assign more work until you are drowning again. You will never get more than your nose above water, and most of the time it will only be 1 nostril. You will be paid fairly but every time the stock price goes up they will cut your annual stock bonus. I put in over 3 years here and as soon as I was able to shed some debt I moved on to somewhere that isn't a 50 hr per week minimum with many weeks closer to 70 hrs per week. If the hours weren't bad enough it will also be the fastest you have ever worked in your life and it never ceases. You will be tracked constantly. Everytime you even get up to take a leak that downtime is tracked. Wouldn't recommend PSD to my worst enemy.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Overworked

May 27, 2022
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the competitive compensation and benefits offered at Paycom. As a fast-growing company, we recognize some roles require an increased workload during certain times of the year. To balance that, we continue to aggressively hire across numerous departments, including the one you mention. We encourage you to share any feedback at hrmgmt@paycomonline.com if you have not done so. We wish you the best.

Worst Company and People

If you like being micromanaged, calling the same people every day and selling a product that 50 other companies can do for half the price then Paycom is for you.This is the definition of a cult. Stay away. Please do better research than I did before joining here. Micromanagement on steroids and horrible management.

Pros

Absolutely none

Cons

The company and elitist people

May 10, 2022
The sales team is instrumental in Paycom’s day-to-day operations and a driver of our continued success. We work hard to equip our managers with resources and training so they can best support their teams. We’re disappointed to hear about your experience and hope you shared your thoughts with leaders before your departure. If you haven’t, you can still do so by reaching out to us at hrmgmt@paycomonline.com.

Benefits are great and nothing else

I was happy as an employee during the training stages even though the training doesn’t do much to set you up for success. The problem with Paycom is that they are expanding faster than they can fairly distribute work. Prepare to be completely overwhelmed at times and often blindsided with new obstacles.

May 6, 2022
Our goal is create an environment where our team members are set up for success. Paycom is rapidly growing, but we strive to provide positive experiences for our employees. We hope you shared your concerns with leadership before your departure. If not, please reach out to our team at hrmgmnt@paycomonline.com. We wish you the best.

Golden handcuffs

The work is hard and it is a stressful job but they pay well (if you have a degree). Some people genuinely ‘drink the koolaid’ and love the culture but I notice those people are usually young, use work as a way to meet people, and don’t have kids.

May 18, 2022
We work diligently to foster a positive culture that promotes support for our team members, and we are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. We recognize the hard work and dedication our team members display each day, especially our New Client Setup Specialists. We hope you shared your sentiments with your leaders or with HR. If you have not, you can reach out at hrmgmt@paycomonline.com.

Not what is promised

Overworked and under appreciated. Pay is good but it's not worth the stress. Management micro manages but then doesn't give you the tools needed to do the job.

May 2, 2022
At Paycom, we strive to cultivate leaders that support and challenge our teams. We always try to provide ample training and professional development opportunities so that our employees can have a great working experience, but we are always looking for ways to improve. As a current employee, please reach out to your manager or our HR team at hrmgmt@paycomonline.com so we can learn more about your feedback.

Great

Paycom was a different experience than other work environments you could be in. There is room to grow and many different positions that one could find themselves in.

Pros

Lunches are provded

April 28, 2022
We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed working for Paycom and appreciated the culture of growth and innovation. Thank you for your review!

Pretty good place to work.

Learned a lot. Lots of opportunities! You will work hard but of course that is with any job. Most managers and team leaders are sopportive and encouraging.

April 27, 2022
We are happy to hear you enjoy working for Paycom! Thank you for your review. We appreciate it.

Think hard

Paycom is growing FAST! Because of that, they face some big challenges like high turnover due to high workload. Stuff rolls down hill and senior Management isn’t great. I’m some departments there seems to be a “good ol’ boy” mentality from leadership and there seems to be an emphasis on looks vs knowledge. It’s deflating to be told your ideas are really great to ensure proper payrolls and setups but then nothing gets done with your ideas or others take credit for your ideas and go in a completely different direction than what you had intended (which causes issues). You will have extra duties continue to be added to your plate without any extra compensation once your there. Newly promoted leaders are making only a tiny bit less than leaders who have been around for a while and the pay difference is not commiserate with the years of knowledge and experience difference. There’s no flexibility to WFH if you have a sick child or aren’t feeling well enough to be around others in person. They say that by increasing PTO and Sick time they allow for a better work/life balance (btw there is none) but you still get to come back and be responsible for the emails you missed. Also, almost all of your meetings are still by zoom so it is quite pointless to come into an office and get onto zoom all day long. I will say though that you have the ability to learn a vast amount of knowledge of you take it upon yourself to learn it. To HR, yes these concerns have already been expressed to my leader.

Pros

Health insurance

Cons

Lack of trust in senior leadership, growing too fast to be sustainable, no WFH capability, pay discrepancies

April 26, 2022
We hear your feedback and take your concerns seriously. As a high-growth organization, there are times when team members will have an increased workload. We strive to create a supportive environment that champions our employees and offers competitive benefits, pay, a positive culture and ample training so that all feel supported and heard. We're pleased to hear you've learned much from working with us and encourage you to continue sharing your feedback with your leaders and HR. We are always looking for ways to improve.

Very uplifting environment, people want to help you achieve your career goals

10/10 company! It's a company with constant growth. I have learned new things every single day and am internally and externally motivated. The managers are wonderful and I really enjoy the team I work with.

April 21, 2022
We are thrilled to hear you enjoy the environment and people at Paycom! We’re happy to have you as part of the team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paycom. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Paycom
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?