PayPal

Chandler, AZ307 reviews

Found 307 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,592 reviews
ebaybalanceculturegymbenefitmetricfraudteammate

Great benefits

Great benefits buy hard to even move out of customer support positions. No openings or help moving to a department you are interested in. Stuck in customer support AMF customers can be nasty

Pros

Benefits are awesome

Cons

Lack of advancement or chance to move to a different department

Not a company I’d ever recommend

They play favoritism. Diversity is not valued. If you’re older or minority you won’t get promoted. They’ll continuously pass you over for promotions.

Great benefits if you can tolerate call center H3ll

I'm positive that other roles in the company that don't cause as much stress as call-center based customer service will make people more loyal to the company. But phone based customer support is too much to deal with at this company. I don't know if they've implemented changes to their knowledge management resources, but trying to find the answer to a customer's issue was like trying to find a rusty needle in a needle stack. There's no wrap time once a phone call is complete, which means you're going directly into a new phone call with another screaming customer. They also try and train you to stop using words like "unfortunately" and ding you on call reviews if you use any of those words, which results in mental strain trying to perform linguistic gymnastics while a customer knows you're BSing. But if you can tolerate it, the benefits really are pretty awesome. Free healthcare with a low deductible plan ($300 last I heard) is standard across the enterprise, free personal time days you can use whenever within the month they're given, PTO is generous and rolls over year after year, plus a large handful of other benefits make it worth it for some.

Pros

Lots of perks, remote work for call center employees (during covid, don't know if that's still true), brand recognition, generous healthcare and PTO

Cons

Low pay, Ridiculous call center environment, lack of useful resources, advancement can only happen after 1 year in current position, woke culture.

fantastic benefits!

great place to work, been her a long time. before covid working in the building in chandler was ok... it all depends on your manager and if they like you ..

Meeting expectations is very important

Metrics are discussed regularly which can lead to micromanaging. All your activity can be tracked by your supervisor. It's a good place to work for since there is plenty of support, you just have to be mindful of your attendance and your performance.

Great company with incredible benefits, but the growth structure is all talk and no action.

The benefits make working here well worth it and everyone you meet is really friendly. Promotions are very difficult as you are competing with dozens and dozens of people all doing the exact same job, and you typically have to compete with agents located in other locations for promotional roles.

Management out of touch

Typical soul sucking call center job, but this one is significantly more difficult than most due to the monstrosity that is the PayPal system. My VERY reasonable accommodation was denied by HR so I had to quit.I guess the pay was okay comparatively but I'm not going to applaud making the bare minimum they can pay us without huge employee turnover while housing and inflation continues to go up.

Good Benefits

Management was....well just management. Made a big fuss about caring about you then the second you share your personal hardships they turn a blind eye. I left the company due to personal hardships that were not as cared for. Again, could just be who I worked with

benefits

25 cent soda

Soda is cheap and helps one get thru a very long day.If you ever have a sister that gets sick, you can not apply for a Fmla. Because a sister is not family. This is no joke

Corporate Structure that will underpay you

I really wanted this to be my career but PayPal did not make that easy. I don't want to make this long. Basically I was promised promotions, raises, schedule flexibility and was given non of that. If you're entry level you can start here but if you're looking for a career you better have a degree and only settle for what you think you deserve. Once they set your salary/hourly and schedule that's it for you.

They lost focus along the way

the company itself was really good at the beginning. However they neglected employees that had been with the company for many years. Although you must keep stakeholders happy you also must keep internal employees happy and foster a conducive work environment. They failed in this area.

It's what you make of it

There is no flexibility in hours worked, solid 40 hours every week and you have to be there on the dot.Management has to play a charade of caring for you while meeting their own quotas which made me feel as well as other coworkers, like nothing was changing or being addressedI learned a lot there but you could not pay me to go back

Inclusive, good benefits but severely underpaid for work performed

Pros: Very inclusive, good benefits, good cultureCons: Very demanding job, poor training, salary/hourly pay way too low for what you do, constantly being given more tasks/duties than original job description without appropriate compensation ("lateral moves")

The people are golden and the culture is tops, no tools to do the job makes expectations impossible

The bad: The roles, responsibilities, and job expectations are clear and the expectations are high BUT our abilities to COMPLETE our expected roles, responsibilities and requirements have been made completely unavailable. I don’t have any ability to do what I am expected to and I am held responsible for this inability by the goals being impossible to even try to meet.

Pros

Team

Cons

I’m responsible for duties that I can no longer do because of changes to tools

Job seems great at first but then you realize it’s a work load and b2b calls

Back to back calls expectations are set to 5 mins per call 60 + calls a day the customer can’t call back within 2 days they expect first call resolution I would not work here if you’re not ready for unrealistic expectations. If you’re failing in your department the management don’t care to keep you around they rather replace you so just expect that

Pros

Pto, paid holidays, overtime

Cons

Short breaks Micro manage Metrics are unrealistic no job security

Great benefits but large workload

This company gave me a lot of the tools needed to succeed and amazing benefits all throughout my time there. Although, as you progress and stand out as a great employee you are given more and more responsibility that can become overwhelming.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Lots to know and back to back calls

Work life

Calls are back to back! Doesn’t pay enough for what’s expected. Micro managing even when it is from home. It’s ok but that is only if you like fast paced call centers

Overall, a great company, needs some improvement.

I was well compensated for what I did, and the insurance and other benefits are fantastic. The tasks can be boring and repetitive, luckily in my department we were able to listen to music/podcasts to help pass the time.Management wants to move individuals forward, but unfortunately the senior positions are occupied and tend to always be occupied, so unless you are lucky, you may stay in the same position for awhile

New metrics

Very focus on meeting metrics but don’t care that many people working from home have you’re kids no flexible schedule. I was told to put my kids in day care from home to avoid them making noise in there on house keep in mind kids are kids toddlers can be loud sometimes

Benefits

Cons

Work from home lack of support and understanding

Positive

I really liked PayPal. It was a good experience. They really try to work with you. Training was great.. I really liked their approach to training. It builds on skills not everthing all at once. Unfortunately I was out sourced.

Best company I have ever worked for

I dont know how PayPal is today, but I worked there between 2014-1016. To this day I still brag about them to others I work with and always use them as an example. Other peoples experiences could very well be different. But for me it was a really great place. The atmosphere was great and happy. Windows were everywhere so it helped make you feel happy. People always had their desks decorated and the walls were decorated, it almost felt like being in kindergarten again. Silly I know but I loved it. There was several break rooms on each floor and they always provided free coffee and creamers to employees. They offered a lot of overtime especially around the holidays. It was easy to get too. You go into a website and choose what days and time you want and that was it. Just show up. You could also check the website for VTO (voluntary time off) no need for permission if it was in there you could take it, same with the overtime. We had 15 minute stand ups every morning with an hour meeting every day. Management was always willing to help if they noticed an employee struggling with anything, they were always well educated on how to help employees and they took the time to listen to you and your needs and figured out what to do. They own their own building and have a gym equipped with a trainer, and fully stocked bathrooms with showers and provided towels, a blow dryer and shampoo and conditioner and body wash. They have a great cafeteria with awesome food and cooks. Lots of giant fridges and lots of microwaves. They have a game room with pool (not a swimming pool), couches, computer -

Pros

To much to mention, refer to review.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PayPal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• PayPal