PayPal

PayPal Employee Reviews for Agent

Agent78 reviews

Found 78 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,571 reviews

The people are golden and the culture is tops, no tools to do the job makes expectations impossible

The bad: The roles, responsibilities, and job expectations are clear and the expectations are high BUT our abilities to COMPLETE our expected roles, responsibilities and requirements have been made completely unavailable. I don’t have any ability to do what I am expected to and I am held responsible for this inability by the goals being impossible to even try to meet.

Pros

Team

Cons

I’m responsible for duties that I can no longer do because of changes to tools

Corporate Structure that will underpay you

I really wanted this to be my career but PayPal did not make that easy. I don't want to make this long. Basically I was promised promotions, raises, schedule flexibility and was given non of that. If you're entry level you can start here but if you're looking for a career you better have a degree and only settle for what you think you deserve. Once they set your salary/hourly and schedule that's it for you.

Excellent place to grow

PayPal has a very inclusive and safe culture which means you are always supported by others to thrive. You can be exactly who you are without hiding any aspect of your personality as advancement is based on merits only.The environment is very fast paced and you feel like you are part of every big change in the company which is growing very fast.

Pros

Remote for now, good bonus, equity, healthcare

Cons

Short breaks, low flexibility for hours

Amazing culture company and work conditions

All team have very good attitude . You always fill comfortable at work. Everyday something to learn and opportunities to get more upskilled. Flexible hours.

Used to be great.

I worked at PayPal for many many years. You used to feel valued , now you are only a number . Many unforeseen reorganization’s and layoffs. If you want to get in and constantly strive to move up it may be for you. If you want to go to work, do an above average job but stay in a role, probably not.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Undervalued employees

The Absolute Best Place to Work

Work-life balanceManagement is open to everything. They will help you as much as they canPay & benefitsHourly rate was low but the benefits are amazing.Job security and advancementPayPal guaranteed no one would lose their job during pandemic and they kept their word.ManagementThe CEO looks out for his employees. He is generous and very fair. I have never worked for someone like him before.CultureGet ready to be amazedOverallI do not think I will ever work for a place like PayPal again. There are just not that many companies as supportive and forward thinking as PayPal. I left for a higher paying job and now have an ulcer from the stress. I miss PayPal

Pay is great but the Work Culture is TOXIC

With Paypal they start you out with benefits day one and the pay is reasonable and you can quickly advance. Their incentives to stay on as an employee are wonderful. The work environment is very toxic. I had a supervisor who told me I was "fake", as I was being "too kind" and "too appreciative" for simple things I asked for. You can't just go in to work, you're job performance is also based on how well you interact with your teammates. They claim to be inclusive but that is only if you think one way. I enjoyed the job. The AHT was easy to adhere to but in the end, I had to leave do to the work Culture.

Pros

Free Halloween Parties, Family Related Parties, Kitchen onsite.

Cons

Not enough breaks, terrible supervisors, TOXIC work environment

Risk operations agent

Great place to work , with very nice mentors and global exposure. We come across different diverse people and culture. Happy place to work with all benefits and pay

Worst place on the planet to work...I know...I worked there 5 years....biggest nightmare of my life.

This is the worst company on earth to work for. They are very dishonest, unethical, and the most unprofessional place that I have ever worked at. They have fowl language. Have their favorites. Don't know what the heck they are doing. They will stab you behind your back. Don't waist your time. Schedules are horrible. More often than not you will have to work on a Saturday or a Sunday. Be warned...you are in for a nightmare working for PayPal.

Pros

Everything is horrible....

Cons

Everything is horrible.....

ok

Ok place to work typical call centre power has gone to managements heads and they do not act on what they preach. benefits are really good and not far to travel.

Bad Management

If you weren't best friends with the managers, and supervisors, you weren't going anywhere. The customer doesn't come first, your average call time does. When you would actually do a quick call to get your numbers down, they would listen to it and tell you what you should have added (which would make it impossible to get your metrics to their statistics)

benefits

Cons

management

Challenging and exciting

The experience working there was awesome. The people was very friendly as well and obedient. I have learned to work independently over there. The job were extremely challenging and fun at the same time.

Pros

Free Time

Cons

Long Hours

Well packed salary + benefit offered

Positive experience in 5 years, company and management try to be as much as possible flexible to meet your requirement, expecially if you have a family. Salary + bonus is above average for the same role in different company. Recommended

Pros

Salary + benefit offeret

Cons

few opened position for career progression

Great Place to Work for

PayPal is a great place to work for. There are many levels of advancement and many departments to work in. Managers are run of the mill but the benefits make up for their incompetence.

Ceo

We changed from originating creators to credit card company CEO and the culture dramatically changed. Then he quit of the weekend and left company in limbo

Stressful, poorly managed, often nonsensical, disappointing, depressing job

The job entailed sitting at a computer all day under the scrutiny of an incompetent manager, trying to navigate numerous distractions, and being treated like a factory worker but needing to be very fast and accurate at making decisions on accounts often fraught with unpredictable and uncontrollable factors. I learned that many managers are devious and untrustworthy and incapable of independent, rational thought. The culture was oppressive and valued surface appearances over true problems with morale and expectations. The hardest part of the job was putting up with management rhetoric not matching what was actually happening. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with coworkers.

Pros

Free coffee, 25 cent pop, food days, healthcare

Cons

Poor management, factory work atmosphere, inaccurate stats

Fun place to work but high stress enviornment

Good benefits and great culture but the job is demanding and very high stress. If you can't cut it then you are out. The immediate management is great but the directives from on high seem out of touch with reality.

Pros

Free Entertainment

Cons

Difficult to be successful

its ok

PayPal has great benefits and promotion opportunities. The middle management are terrible, the have the egos and ambition of CEO's and are ruthless and dishonest.

Fun place to work

Its a fun place to work but you won't advance very quickly and promotions take many years to get, there is a high turn over of team and leaders probably due to the pay scale.

Fun enviroment

The only reason I left PayPal is due to severe family illness. I would still be working there had my wife not gotten gravely ill. It is a great place to work.

Horrible Place to work

Great experience working for PayPal but would not recommend to anyone, revolving door of staff due to poor treatment and micromanagement. Long hours poor pay.

Benefits

Cons

Long hours, poor pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PayPal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• PayPal