PayPal

PayPal Employee Reviews for Compliance Officer

Compliance Officer50 reviews

Found 50 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,571 reviews

Great place to work, but lay-offs happen out of the blue

Pay is low, they keep you with stock. Lay-off occur often, 30 people recently laid-off w/o notice, department was eliminated. Job security. Management is poor.

Pros

stock, career advancement

Cons

poor management, lay-offs

Extremely poor management

Great company to gain valuable experience Opportunities to develop and grow only if you work hard and take the initiativeExtremely bad management culture / Micro-management and contradictory/hypocritical behaviour - managers' behaviours are in complete opposite to PayPal values of diversity and inclusion and wellness etc.

Pros

valuable work experience

Cons

Extremely unfair / hypocritical management styles.

Fun place to work

Perfect work-life balance, great pay and excellent employees benefits. Living upto their values and ethics.If you work with dedication and perform consistently beyond expectations you are rewarded with excellent pay and promotion. Great leadership team to support . Employee welfare is given priority. Proud to be a paypalian.

Pros

Free snacks, gym, free transport depending on location, fun events and sports, yoga many more Employee perks.

Cons

Delay in interview process and release of offer letter

Lots of good opportunities

I love working at PayPal. There are lots of opportunities to learn different workflows. We have come a long way in the six years I’ve been with the company.

Pros

Company stock

Cons

Underpaid

Ok place to work. Great place to get your feet wet but not a career/

When you make a certain amount of salary you will be laid off. Supervisors are awful and there is a lot of favoritism. However, the people that work there are fantastic.

Pros

Co-workers

Cons

management

Excellent work culture

I would recommend PayPal for anyone who wants to explore themselves. This is an exciting adventure awaiting if you are here. Just know one thing where ever you go, its up to us to rise to the occasion and be on top.

Work life balance

One of the best MNC around the globe. No matter it surprises why it is said and received awards for being the best in business. Core values of the company is what makes even more special among employee.

Excellent place to work

It was a great experience in my career. It was a wonderful place to work and live.. Perfect work life balance and of course awesome salary packages. Management was so good and nice ( not all managers,some).

Meet great People at Paypal.

Was able to learn Compliance at PayPal. Meet alot of people im still friends with to this day. Job flow could always been better. Hired alot of people real fast then had to let alot go

Amazing company

Paypal was a great company to work in as they always give recognition to their employee for example I was promoted within 8 months into higher position due to recognition for several performance achieved and also i received several certificates for excellent for my performance and for full attendance.This motivates the employee to perform better and work harder.

Not my cup of tea

Management is not as effective. Poor growth within the organization and limited responsibilities given to employees. It's more of a routine job and i left within 1 year. However, i have utilize my time there to learn what ever i could within a short period of time. Had a better understanding of Sanctions, PEP, KYC, high risk countries. Also, understood the purpose of OFAC regulatory.

Pros

My team was awesome.

Cons

Short breaks and everything timed.

work day at PayPal

my work day started by reviewing the daily work load, focus meetings to go over changes and share best practices. my day ended by checking what is needed for the following day and be proactive.

Productive and disciplined working culture.

Work on multiple Compliance cases once received documents from customer. Verify customer's profile and mitigate the any risk by escalating any suspicious activity referring standard operating procedure. Cases work on the average handling time format as the quarterly assessment depends on how fast on handling cases at the same time maintaining top quality. I learned the loopholes utilize by consumers to escape rules and regulations and the way to identify and mitigate any risk related wrongdoings. Workplace culture is very flexible and at the same time gives highest importance on discipline and punctuality. PayPal gives top priority to work life balance as their concern on employees quality time spend with family and friends. There hardest part of the job is keep adapting to new systems and operating procedures. This actually made me get used to change and increased my tendency of adapt to change. The most enjoyable part of the job is challenge of contributing idea to improve the daily task and procedures for continuous improvement.

Pros

Workshift time and Work life balance value

Cons

Nil

Productive, Organized, Fair/Great working environment

I was with PayPal for the last 5 years and this is the best company i ever worked with. I was in the Compliance Finance department - I have both experiences as a normal executive & Assistance Manager. Work-life balance is highly practiced in PayPal whereby we are not encouraged to stay back after our working hours without any monetary benefits. There is no bossy attitude in any management stage as all of the staffs including the cleaners are treated equally. HR plays a great role in ensuring all the PayPal staffs adhere to the company's core values.

Pros

Friendly people + working environment + work-life balance

Great Company

My started by logging on to the computer and then start my daily task of working the que which is provided to us, Research paypal online accounts for fraudulent activities

Pros

great culture

Cons

productive and fun workplace with many accommodation to make employees confortable while working. Employee benefit plans are awesome. I thing they are very considered.

Pros

free lunches and no dress code

Cons

nothing

Company under new management

PayPal does not care about their employees as they used to. Sign of the times. Don't care for structure or environment now. I have nothing good to say about them any longer.

Pros

Some benefits

Cons

Easily terminated

PayPal cares - used to care about their employees

Don't get me wrong there are still many managers there that care but overall PayPal got hire happy and hired groups from competing companies so it became very lop sided and too many conflict of interests. Its what made me end my 13 year career with them.

Provides banking options to the underserved, worldwide

Worked at personal workspace the majority of the day, looking at computer screens and analyzing data. Deciding a correct course of action for each case you review. Reaching out to customers with any questions about account. There was not much interaction between employees, as the positions were metrics-driven, so you could not afford to lose focus or talk to other employees. The hardest part of the job was the frequent moves and supervisor changes. Some moves found people in a job they did not have the skill set for, but there was no moving back or accommodations made--you had to learn and meet the new metrics or lose your PayPal career. The most enjoyable part of the job was feeling like I made a difference for our customers.

Pros

Flexible work schedules 4 x 10, 3 x 12, 8 x 5

Cons

You were just a number no matter how long you worked there

people are fun to work with

The company is run without regards to the employees. There is no commitment to the workers. would not recommend. The managers have no idea what is going on.

Great Company

I love the Work life balance, and depending on your department flexi time is awesome, the pay is below industry standard and so are the perks but if your dedicated and work hard the rewards are there to be taken.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PayPal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• PayPal
  • Compliance Officer
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?