PayPal

PayPal Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative154 reviews

Found 154 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,571 reviews

You must have a high standard of work ethic, analytical mind and high level of emotional quotient.

PayPal is a Financial Technology Company and they always keep up with the highest level of Security we can give. I will only recommend this to applicants who have an extensive experience in Customer Sevice. This job is for someone who is keen into details, high level of emotional quotient, analytical thinking and a very positive outlook in life.

Another cloak-and-dagger Corporation with a shiny benefits package

PayPal has great benefits and one of the most positive and inclusive work atmospheres I've ever worked for. The people are amazing and generally care for one another. The work however, is tedious busy work that doesn't live up to the expectations they hype you for. Management is very condescending; The term "higher-brained thinking" was often used by regional managers to describe the benevolent brilliance of their Corporate Overlords and explain-away employees with thoughtful concerns or questions during monthly all-hands meetings. You are told from the get-go that things "are always changing" and I think that's true; mostly because no one in leadership has any clue what the other leaders do. Leadership does NOT actively or meaningfully communicate with each other unless something is broken, and they are NEVER straight-forward with anything to their employees. PayPal brags about being innovative but only promotes the ideas of complacent yes-men they can directly profit from, and fails to achieve even basic functionality with its systems a lot of the time. Every system used is buggy and either half-built or half shut-down. Tech-issues keep people out of doing work for hours at a time, sometimes longer. The minute you think for yourself or question management you are in the wrong.The minute you catch up and get a sense of direction, everything changes, arbitarily and with no notice and little direction/resolution.Individuality is only celebrated here as long as it helps them save face. PayPal does a lot of excellent PR headlining stunts, but those are only for -

Pros

If you've seen Google's HQ, it's like a knockoff of that

Cons

Hope you aren't afraid of the dark, because that's where PayPal will leave you

Great culture, good wages but lacks job security

Working at PayPal is overall a good experience. It is a call center style job so expect to be on the phones with customers and have metrics to follow/adhere too.

Bait and switch

Training did not prepare. Then the beginning of the job was a nice fair pace, then immediate changes threw everything out the window and the micro managing began. I feel I was misled the whole time. Training felt almost cultish when reflecting now. There’s so much information to learn and we spent probably 3 weeks just learning about how great paypal corp is

Meeting expectations is very important

Metrics are discussed regularly which can lead to micromanaging. All your activity can be tracked by your supervisor. It's a good place to work for since there is plenty of support, you just have to be mindful of your attendance and your performance.

Management out of touch

Typical soul sucking call center job, but this one is significantly more difficult than most due to the monstrosity that is the PayPal system. My VERY reasonable accommodation was denied by HR so I had to quit.I guess the pay was okay comparatively but I'm not going to applaud making the bare minimum they can pay us without huge employee turnover while housing and inflation continues to go up.

Good Benefits

Management was....well just management. Made a big fuss about caring about you then the second you share your personal hardships they turn a blind eye. I left the company due to personal hardships that were not as cared for. Again, could just be who I worked with

benefits

Good company to work with

They have Good benefits, The managmen is Amazing, absolutely the salary can be better, working 4 days per week (10 Hours) You're not just a number you're an employee

This company with vision

It's awesome being on board a company like PayPal and it's not easy. Often the company goals don't match with where we are in the moment. However, I appreciate the journey and I'm happy to contribute as a small part of the vision. I never knew it would be possible to have respect and appreciation for the company I work for.

Good Benefits

PayPal use to be an amazing company to work for after being bought out by synchrony bank everything went down hill. The culture faded the core values that made the company so awesome to work for all depleted. Now it’s all about micromanaging & no appreciation.

Great place

Great place to work. Great benefits. If you want you can work 4 days per week instead of 5. Friendly management and work hours. I would recommend PayPalfor anyone looking for a good place to work.

Most positions are remote now due to the pandemic. Job can be extremely stressful mentally.

Worked remotely which made it harder to decompress at the end of every shift. Made it hard to leave work at work when it constantly in your home. Job is particularly stressful due to the outrageous metrics in which you are upheld to. One disgruntled customer can cause your scores to come down making things harder on you.

Pros

Wfh, Wellness Days, Great benefits

Cons

Sedentary position, getting fussed out by users with not much time to breathe before the next customer interaction.

Pretty good company. Great culture

It’s completely remote. Pay could be better but great culture and great low cost benefits. I love the team huddles. Team leads are very supportive. Room for growth.

Pros

Flexible and remote, good benefits

Cons

Short breaks. Typical call center being attached to the phone for production.

Job seems great at first but then you realize it’s a work load and b2b calls

Back to back calls expectations are set to 5 mins per call 60 + calls a day the customer can’t call back within 2 days they expect first call resolution I would not work here if you’re not ready for unrealistic expectations. If you’re failing in your department the management don’t care to keep you around they rather replace you so just expect that

Pros

Pto, paid holidays, overtime

Cons

Short breaks Micro manage Metrics are unrealistic no job security

Great benefits, low pay

Great benefits work from home. Lots of give ways. Horrible pay, no breaks only 30 min lunch. Answer calls to tell cx we cannot help all day. Constantly say, we are a user initiated system, we cannot do anything on your accounts only you can do this.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Low Pay, no breaks, 30 min lunch

I loved it here

Great company culture with extremely supportive management that are truly committed to growth. Rate of pay was cool. Only issue that I had with them was the fact that my office was laid off due to some changes in the company. Despite that, PayPal was truly an excellent place to work.

Work life

Calls are back to back! Doesn’t pay enough for what’s expected. Micro managing even when it is from home. It’s ok but that is only if you like fast paced call centers

New metrics

Very focus on meeting metrics but don’t care that many people working from home have you’re kids no flexible schedule. I was told to put my kids in day care from home to avoid them making noise in there on house keep in mind kids are kids toddlers can be loud sometimes

Benefits

Cons

Work from home lack of support and understanding

Great job! Loved working here

Best place to work! Perks and management are the best!! Love it everything was awesome. I would recommend this company to anyone looking to Advance their career

Best company I have ever worked for

I dont know how PayPal is today, but I worked there between 2014-1016. To this day I still brag about them to others I work with and always use them as an example. Other peoples experiences could very well be different. But for me it was a really great place. The atmosphere was great and happy. Windows were everywhere so it helped make you feel happy. People always had their desks decorated and the walls were decorated, it almost felt like being in kindergarten again. Silly I know but I loved it. There was several break rooms on each floor and they always provided free coffee and creamers to employees. They offered a lot of overtime especially around the holidays. It was easy to get too. You go into a website and choose what days and time you want and that was it. Just show up. You could also check the website for VTO (voluntary time off) no need for permission if it was in there you could take it, same with the overtime. We had 15 minute stand ups every morning with an hour meeting every day. Management was always willing to help if they noticed an employee struggling with anything, they were always well educated on how to help employees and they took the time to listen to you and your needs and figured out what to do. They own their own building and have a gym equipped with a trainer, and fully stocked bathrooms with showers and provided towels, a blow dryer and shampoo and conditioner and body wash. They have a great cafeteria with awesome food and cooks. Lots of giant fridges and lots of microwaves. They have a game room with pool (not a swimming pool), couches, computer -

Pros

To much to mention, refer to review.

This review applies only to the Call Center CS aspect of the company

Based on long term experience there, this is a good company overall that is currently operating under excellent corporate leadership. The employee benefits package is superb and PayPal makes an extra effort to follow their mission statement to be inclusive, collaborative, etc. In recent years improved entry level compensation has improved. If you are employed in the consumer/merchant direct customer service area, remember that a call center job is what it is, Time is money and you will be judged strictly on metrics, so if you can cut your call handle time without obviously not helping the customer, you will be rewarded. It you take extra care to help the customer, you ultimately will be gone. Expect to typically average about 6 months per supervisor during your call center tenure.

Pros

Employee benefit plan and bonus/stock plans

Cons

Meter your expectations - call center high employee turnover

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PayPal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• PayPal