Peninsula Excelsior Hotel

Peninsula Excelsior Hotel Employee Reviews

Singapore15 reviews

Fun workplace

Colleagues is friendly and make us feel like a family working there. Hard to handle whiny and complain guest. Management not that balance and a bit bossy

Firstime working housekeeping in Hotel

Gain new experience in this field, prepare rooms for vip, vvip and groups from abroad. A lot of experience I got here, and made me more skilled when entertaining professional guests who check in here.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Healthcare

Bad management.

Management really biased. HR not helping at all. Have to do manager's work but manager go drink coffee. Bad experience overall. Good colleagues, but management really no comment. Strictly dont recommend. Bad

Pros

Convenient place to find food and near to MRT

Cons

Management. Not recommended.

Good Experience , however the GM does not lead by example

I have not comment and review . I guest it takes the person to work there to experience the management style of the company . If it is good , I will definitely comment.

Ok

Ok. Nothing much as do not have interesting landmark or structure. I suppose this is a review and not a Forced statement. It is bcos without complete the review, i cannot move on

Ok

Nil

The salary wise is very low and many thing have to follow up.the management is very races and always complaint about the staff and not very not understanding.

Pros

Nil

Cons

Nil

Busy though manageable

Through out the day is busy but manageable. Learnt how to up my customer service. I had a commendable letter from our General Manager as the one I managed to work his problems out has a direct contact with the boss.

Home

Working at Peninsula Excelsior Hotel is very easy because your colleagues are like your friends who's gonna help you out every time you need them. Managers are strict, they will always guide you whenever you are wrong.

At least i got experiance in pertapis

I like to make friend with them and give them encourage i love them very much their also need us and need people to love them.i will treat them like my family

Pros

I dont like do free lunch

Cons

I only can work 8 hours n i want off sat and sun

fun workplace

very good place to work in. People are nice and staff are very good. I enjoy working for the hotel it was a good experience for me to learn and understand the way they run the business day to day.

Fun, productive

Working in peninsula excelsior hotel have me knowledge in all aspects and say it department. It's fun place to work despite high occupancy and all the staff is very very friendly. I'm glad that I was part of this management. And I won't think twice if I given a chance to work here again ;)

5 Day work week is what I require to have more time with family with one and only son of 11 years old.Good location, good product and good people that have contributed to the successful occupancy and the repeated business within the hotel.

Pros

An iconic hotel landmark

Challenging and Fun Workplace

Everyday is a challenge for me exploring different Extranets (online agents). Meeting clients/agents, discussions over meals are good experiences for me. I also prepared statistics reports and administrative work. I've learnt new things about revenues,statistics and more. The people here are pleasant and we helped one another. My boss is the most supportive man. I love working here but I have to leave due to quotas restriction.

Pros

I was given the responsibility to be solely in-charge for Online Channel Distribution

Productivity was high during my tenure. Total revenue increased from $20 million to $36 million within 3 years.

A typical day of work would begin with with inspection of front of the house areas, followed by a 20 minutes' briefing session before dealing with documents. After lunch, there would be a round of back of the house walkaround and chat with staff members on their work. From 4 pm onwards, sessions will be held with a department head to follow up on action plan or sales call with Sales Director from 3 pm onwards.The hardest part of the job was in getting staff members who had been working there for the past 10 years or more to make positive changes e.g. service with a smle and use of appropriate words with guests and also certain department heads who leave office early (before 4 pm) without the courtesy of informing their immediate superior. The most enjoyable part was staff relations and customer relations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peninsula Excelsior Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Peninsula Excelsior Hotel