Pet Lovers Centre

Pet Lovers Centre Employee Reviews

Singapore15 reviews

relaxed but quite boring at times

There are times when u get very busy. Easy going and friendly coworkers. But no work life balance. And for part-time, salary not worth it aft cpf cut. its like 650 for a 6hr/day and u work 5 days? But if u dont mind the pay, its a pretty relaxing environment but stock day is the most tiring day! And u learn so much about small animals and product knowledge to recommend for customers. And cleaning small animals cage might be not pleasant thing for some too. I was lucky i got placed into a store where the retail lead would sometimes treat us and shes very passionate about teaching us some knowledge. But too sad she sometimes wld complain about having less rest day.

Pros

friendly coworkers.

Cons

the break room is so small and there r barely any space. Long standing hours too

Fun workplace but have no work life balanced.

It's a fun place to work if you love animals and want to help other pet owners for things for their pets. But the management is so bad and the working hours is too long that you don have a work life balanced

Pros

Staff discount

Poor

Very poor attitude towards you. Only concerned about the bonus and no OT paid to you. Before you sign the paper ask them do they paod you ot. I didn't get the ot paid

Cons

No OT given

Horrible communication and management

Working at PLC itself was pretty alright despite long standing hours and needing to carry heavy stocks on stock days. The most frustrating part of working at PLC was the overall lack of communication. Firstly, I was not given my supervisor’s number. (I thought this should be a standard practice in case of an emergency). Secondly, there was a lack of communication between the HR and the working staff. (When I submitted my request to end my contract earlier to the HR, they did not inform my supervisor at all).Thirdly, lack of response. After my contract ended, I emailed the HR asking when would I receive the rest of my pay and it’s been 4 days with no reply.

Pros

Experience

Cons

No training provided

Part time retail staff

Usual retail taskServe customerHandling of stocks/productsHousekeeping Learning their payment system Full time employer are helpfulRequire to stand long hours and work long hours if got deployed full day (12 hours)

Pros

quite easy job if didnt encounter nasty customer

Cons

Standing long hours

Fun Workplace

Usually cleaning of animal cages, doing stock take, putting up stocks. I learned how to properly care for animals and how to speak to customers. It was a fun environment to work in.

Pros

Fun environment to work in

Cons

Can be busy at times

Relaxed

A very good working environment. Freedom and can work freely . Very convenient working place . If increase the salary and benefits will be more better since pet industry something not easy to handle

Fun place to work at if you love animals

basic retail duties, managers are nice and kind. Always get to play with animals. The hardest would be that some duties are quite dry but managers there do not stress and or overwork you so it is totally fine

Relaxed. Normal retail store work.

Best part about working in a retail store is the team you're working with. Worst part about the job is the nasty customers you have to deal with on a daily basis. Lots of weird and rude customers especially rich owners who own pets. Nasty bunch.

Part Time Sales Assistant

I was assigned to a very small store so I had to constantly deal with customer's complaints that the store was too cramped. Couldn't do much about it so I learnt how to just take criticism. Salary was ok, average to minimum wage. Not much benefits for part timers as compared to full timers. The work culture is very disciplined, they teach/train you how to be organized and to arrange the store neatly. and orderly.

Not much welfare

Long working hours, low pay. Assistant supervisor does not work well in team, will slack can let others do the job. Colleagues extends their own break timing to 1hr+. Hardwork not really recognised, only sees the wrong. No allowances.

Pros

fun colleauges

Cons

long hours, low pay

Fun workplace

In pet shop, I can get close to all dogs and other animals.... Do customer service, sell products... Get to know all kinds of animals breeds.........

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Nope

Fun working environment

Learn new skills, upselling products & meet interesting customers. Management don't seems to value staffs, hardest part is superior got no team work. Colleagues are good and helpful.

Pros

Learn new skills, upselling

Cons

long hours, bonus and benefits not good, long confirmation period

工作性质还可以

工作时间 十二小时一天 有点长 ...工作虽然有点多 但是还可以接受 ...觉得管理层应该有所调整。

Pros

有ot

Cons

时间很长

Interactive work place

Opening of store, accounting of cash float, stocks count and customer feedback management. What i have learnt... Building B-C relationship with customers Cashiering Upselling Stock checks / counts Retaining customers thru customer loyalty programs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pet Lovers Centre. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Pet Lovers Centre with

• Pet Lovers Centre
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?