Pioneer Generation Office
View all Pioneer Generation Office reviews

Pioneer Generation Office

Pioneer Generation Office Employee Review

productive & rewarding

This is a part time volunteer job; team partners are friendly; good guidance by seniors Job rewarding; working hours/days flexible; place of work is nearby

Pros

flexi time

Cons

no cons

A new organisation and not fully integrated with many other ervices

PG as it is known is a new organisation formed to take care of the elders in Singapore whom we dearly call the Pioneer Generation. Many of these elders are lowly educated but the form the main trust of the workforce in the early years of Singapore's independence thus the Government decided to provide them with extra health benefits. Working in the PG office means we have to reach out to many of these elders to explain the new benefits and at the same time look at their daily lifestyle - many are living alone with children all grown up and moved out and most of the time we have to provide assess to different support groups to help these elders attain a good level of living.

Pros

A great experience

Cons

Long hours and may burned weekends

Job fulfillment serving the elderly

Fieldwork: Train and keep motivated a team of volunteers to carry out house visits to the elderly citizens of Singapore as identified by the Government and explain its policies affecting them and the various assistant schemes available. In the process, we identify vulnerable elderlies (eg, abused, financially needy) and refer them to appropriate institutions for assistance and follow up/care. Office work: Daily administrative tasks, rostering for house visits, prepare the weekly statistical report on field work to be submitted to CEO as well as stakeholders like GRLs. Maintain volunteer database and welfare portfolio for entire GRC. Most fulfilling part: Able to touch and make a difference in someone's life. The blessings from the beneficiaries when they see us nearby. Challenge: Toggling admin work as well as fieldwork. To compensate manpower shortage, we have to do the house visits which can be physically draining.

good training grounds

able to have a chance to be a trainer if candidates wish to. has good training background, supportive HQ, reliable colleagues. good career advancement chances. work life balance can be done with prior arrangements with fellow colleagues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pioneer Generation Office. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Pioneer Generation Office with

Pioneer Generation Office Reviews by Location

• Pioneer Generation Office
  • productive & rewarding
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?